Edmonton, AB, T*X 1J7
Business email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a second year University of Alberta student who is currently enrolled in the Alberta School of Business. I am seeking a job for spring/summer. I am open to stay throughout my second year of university if the environment in which I work is organized, friendly, and strives for success. I am diligent, disciplined, friendly, and energetic.
• I was a member of the school leadership group from grades 8 - 12
• I have given speeches at conventions and in front of large crowds
• I consider others ideas before mentioning my own and attempt to give everyone an equal opportunity
• I am very open with all people even if I have just met them
• I rarely get nervous and love making new friends
• I have over 1.5 years of experience as a cashier at Real Canadian Superstore
• I have volunteered to serve food at fundraisers, charities, and public events countless times
• I have over 40 hours of voluntary community service that varies from being at schools to local events
Organization and Responsibility
• I had a near perfect attendance from grades k - 12
• I have tutored my cousins along with other kids since childhood
• I finish all of my assignments ahead of time
• I finished my first year of University education with a 3.8 GPA
• As a cashier I kept my environment as clean as I could and would fix the shelves even if it was not necessary
In junior high and high school I helped with and organized after school events, public events, gatherings, school dances, sales, fundraisers, and much more throughout the school years. I have learned a lot from all of this and have applied it to my own life. My work ethic has significantly strengthened over the years especially due to my University education. I was given many important out of work responsibilities when I worked at superstore due to my efficiency, work ethic, and trustworthiness. I have been a member of multiple clubs and teams and have led many to success through the power of teamwork.
Education and Training
I was in the advanced placement class throughout all of junior high and high school and have received the honours with distinction roll multiple times. I have finished my first year of University education with a 3.8 GPA score. Within the first week of application I got accepted and enrolled into the Alberta School of Business located at the University of Alberta. I know 4 languages which are Punjabi, English, Hindi and French. I am fluent in English and Punjabi and can understand French and Hindi. I am very grateful to know Punjabi fluently because I can communicate easily with people who do not understand English. Over the past years I have read many books relating to knowledge and life such as 177 mental toughness secrets of the world class by Steve Siebold, The ABC’s of success by Bob Proctor, or the Little Book of Clarity by Jamie Smart, and The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle. These books have increased my productivity, ability to cope with stress, confidence, and have increased my patience levels exponentially. I meditate daily and am currently working towards mastering how to remain calm, disciplined, and focused in all situations.