Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Software Development Engineer in Test
Vienna, VA 571-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/ekrem-guler
• Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) more than 6 years of experience in IT industry.
• Successfully performed in Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, Back-End and Front-End Testing in Waterfall and Agile environments.
• Superior abilities and expertise in Automated testing utilizing Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber with Gherkin language, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG and Junit.
• Experienced in Core Java and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concept and used Java for many Test Case Automation.
• Experienced in using Page Object Model and Singleton Design Pattern as blueprint of creation of test automation framework.
• Strong experience in automation of Web Based Application in DDT (Data Driven Testing), Cucumber BDD (Behavioral Driven Development), and Hybrid Frameworks by using Selenium WebDriver.
• HTML reports and Cucumber JSON reports for status reporting.
• Strategic use of Data Driven Testing (DDT) Methodologies to create repeatable tests that leverage sources to target validation such as writing, reading from excels sheets by using Apache POI and to compare target validation.
• Experience with writing SQL queries for Database Testing by using JDBC in RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) such as MySQL and Oracle server.
• Knowledge in working with API Web Service testing using Postman/REST-Assured Library by using HTTP verbs such as POST, PUT, DELETE, GET.
• Experienced in working with IE, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome driver.
• Experiences working in CI/CD pipeline using Maven and Jenkins on AWS Virtual Machine for executing Smoke Test and Regression Tests.
• Comprehensive knowledge of each phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
• Experience of JIRA as a Test management tool and prepared the Daily Matrix and the Team Reports.
• Maintained Java code and resources in GIT code repository.
• Mastery in Agile, high performance teams as a highly driven and proactive member of the team.
• Extensive knowledge with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse and IntelliJ.
• In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
• Participated in agile ceremonies; Sprint Planning meetings, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Review (Demo) meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings to understand the business and testing requirements.
Automation Testing Tools: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, Protractor, JDBC, REST Assured, Apache POI
IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Postman, SQL Developer, Visual Studio Code
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Framework/Design: Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Data-Driven Development (DDD), Page Object Model (POM), Karate API
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Project Management /Bug Tracking Tools: Jira / Jira Xray
Version Control System: Git, GitHub
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS
XFleet - Tysons, VA March 2018 - Present
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Automated End-to-End Test application which integrated different Automation Testing concepts such as Data Driven Test, Database, and UI testing. It is written by Java language with combination of TestNG, Selenium WebDriver by using Maven building tool.
• Involved in analyzing system specifications, development and execution of Test Plans and Test Cases for Manual and Automation Testing.
• Experienced in IntelliJ IDEA using Java to Automate Tests.
• Configured and automated Functional Test Cases by using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Cucumber with Gherkin, Maven based on Java language.
• Used BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) with Cucumber, Junit, Java and created Feature Files with Scenario and Scenario Outline as well as writing Step Definitions for behavior.
• Utilized JDBC connectivity with Database sources and used SQL for verification of data and validation with MYSQL and PostgreSQL database.
• Used Page Object Model that organize java code, page objects.
• Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods at utilities class (excel utilities, configuration utility, database utility, date utility).
• Tested application in cross browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
• Used various locators like ID, Name, Class Name, Tag Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, and CSS locator to identify GUI elements.
• Performed API testing using Postman for manual and Rest Assured library for automation testing.
• Designed Data Driven Framework based on the Page Object Model by creating a connection between Selenium and ORACLE Database Server.
• Expertise in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration (CI) tool for the project and experience in Jenkins on an AWS Virtual Machine (VM) for executing the Smoke Test and Regression Test for continuous integration.
• Schedule and running smoke testing and Regression testing and email the test results by using Jenkins.
• Created HTML report with detailed tests steps and screenshots.
• Monitored and reported errors (bug) and created JIRA X-Ray tickets with all relevant details, by following the steps of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle (DLC).
• Followed Agile Methodology and participated in Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Demo and Sprint Retrospective Meeting to understand the business and testing requirements.
• Experienced in Git Version Control tool and GitHub as a remote repository.
• Hands on experience in using project building tools like MAVEN in adding dependencies by maintaining in pom.xml file and on version control tools like GIT.
• Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases.
Environment: Agile, IntelliJ, Java, HTML, SQL, JDBC, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkin, TestNG, Junit, Jira X-Ray, BDD Framework, Postman, Rest Assured API, Data Driven Testing, Page Object Model and Jenkins.
Surat - Istanbul, Turkey May 2014 - February 2018
Software QA Analyst
• Analyzed Requirements and Functional Specifications based on System Requirements Specifications and involved in the preparation and development of the detailed Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
• Verified and validated the failed test cases, logged the defects, involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix document for mapping the requirement with test cases.
• Involved in analyzing system requirements, design, development, and execution of Test Plans and Test Cases for functional and automation testing.
• Developed and maintained Page Object Model (POM) based on automation-testing framework utilizing Java, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, Cucumber, TestNG.
• Automated the Test Cases for Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing for UI, and Database Testing.
• Used Maven to manage project and centralize required dependencies and configurations.
• Used web element locators such as ID, Name, XPath, and CSS Selector in HTML code and Selenium WebDriver to test the web applications.
• Experienced in working with testing tools such as Junit, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
• Performed Database Testing by using Java Database Connectivity - JDBC library and configured SQL queries to manipulate data from the database.
• Achieved API Testing by using Postman and Rest-Assured library.
• Analyzed test results and tracked software defects, recorded, documented and reported defects using Jira.
• Interacted with developers to discuss exiting software defects and re-tested the fixed issues.
• Participated in several agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint demo, sprint retrospective, sprint grooming and code review meetings for the business and testing requirements.
Environment: Agile, Eclipse, Java, HTML, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkin, Git, Junit, Jira, SQL, Jenkins, Data Driven Testing and Page Object Model.
• Faculty of Science, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey