Fortune 500-experienced Chief Marketing
Officer with 25+ years of experience in
driving sales & creating organizational
value. Expert, certified digital marketer
and skilled architect of both B2C and B2B
strategic marketing visions, roadmaps and
powerful customer loyalty programs. P&L
accountability paired with revenue-
generating responsibilities operating large
contact centers and sales teams.
Progressive, upward career path resulting
from founder’s mentality, cost reduction
DNA & passion to build lasting brands.
INDUSTRIES, EXPERTISE & TECH
Retail Lead & Rev Generation
E-Comm CRM & Automation
Consulting Content Marketing
FinTech ROI & Analytics
Transportation Business Transformation
Executive Marketing, Sales and Patient Admissions Leadership
• Executive leadership team member reporting to CEO responsible for 67-person marketing and patient admissions team delivering $35 million in annual revenue, marketing and patient acquisition strategies, market positioning and brand vision.
• Transformed and rebuilt a disjointed brand, marketing and patient admissions organization with a completely new and unified brand vision, including operational team, go-to-market strategy, marketing automation and CRM system, omnichannel marketing plan, sales enablement toolkit, and content and project management suite.
Revenue Growth and Digital/Brand Marketing
• Grew monthly revenue and patient admissions 22% to $4.5M with a 28% increase in marketing qualified leads (MQLs), a streamlined org structure with 54% less staff and a 200-basis point call conversion improvement.
• Cost Per Call (CPC) decreased 29% and Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) reduced by 19% by optimizing organic and paid search.
• Architected complete brand reinvention across all campuses nationwide with a solution and wellness-oriented brand.
• Rapidly launched telehealth and enhanced outpatient offering marketing plans in response to COVID-19 outbreak.
Executive Marketing and Sales Ops Leadership
• Executive leadership team member reporting to CEO and Founder responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies, market positioning and consideration, brand vision and stewardship, demand generation, customer acquisition, satisfaction and retention, thought leadership/content marketing and sales operations.
• Transformed a telesales-centric B2B organization with an enterprise-wide marketing and sales operations infrastructure including operational team, market assessment/positioning strategy, marketing automation and account- based sales model, brand identity standards and framework, multi-channel digital marketing plan, sales collateral, enablement and operations ecosystem, customer experience enhancement and industry alliance/event marketing program.
Revenue Growth, Digital/Brand Marketing and Customer Experience
• Launched digital-centric marketing strategy that doubled revenue in existing business line to $15M, catapulted new business line 300% to $12M, and improved the customer experience/NPS score by 21% in one year.
• Increased sales leads 350% to 20,000+ annually with innovative demand generation, prioritization and qualification.
• Grew brand awareness 47% with content-centric marketing approach that drove all time website traffic highs, achieved 23% higher conversion rates at 61% lower costs, and landed the company on top healthcare IT provider lists.
• Positioned business line for successful sale by winning Best in KLAS customer service industry award.
Vice President Marketing and Sales Operations
HCTec Healthcare IT Consulting Services Nashville
$160M B2B HIT/EHR support provider for major U.S. hospitals Senior Vice President Marketing and Admissions
Freedom Healthcare/Addiction Campuses Nashville
$100M Top 20 national behavioral health provider in turnaround 2015-
Marketing Operations and Corporate Communications
• Executive marketing leader charged with creation and execution of the corporate brand vision and strategy, overseeing team of 10, and 3 external agencies, with shared responsibilities for driving demand throughout the sales funnel.
• Articulated strategic roadmap for $40 million of annual marketing initiatives in close partnership with operations and c-suite.
• Drove 30,000+ higher quality monthly sales leads by initiating a compelling and cohesive digital and direct marketing content development and distribution strategy across all business lines and major milestones on the customer journey map.
• Achieved 50% higher conversion rate with 66% lower costs by redirecting lead generation efforts to internal capabilities.
• Increased brand awareness 100% with $15.2 million in annual press coverage (206% YOY lift) encompassing The New York Times, USA Today, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, and others—all while organizational turmoil caused an 80% market cap drop. Vice President Marketing and Corporate Communications Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) 2017 Fortune Rank #515 Nashville
$5 billion largest senior living/LTPAC provider with 1,100 locations and 82,000 employees; independent/assisted living, dementia/SNF, CCRC & home health Rob Borella Page 2
Retail Marketing and Operations
• Led corporate marketing efforts for 23 product lines to 5 million customers with a $90 million annual marketing P&L.
• Invested $19.3 million in annual marketing and sales building efforts, leading a 43-person customer communications contact center, 9 marketing team members in 4 functional groups, 5 external agency teams, and 12 dietitians. Revenue Generation and Loyalty Programs
• Powered organic growth of company from $3 to $10 billion in sales by co-creating and branding the groundbreaking loyalty/fuel rewards program, fuelperks!, which enabled company sales goals to be exceeded 7 consecutive years.
• Formulated consumer research-based go-to-market plans driving $5.6 billion in annual supermarket and pharmacy sales while optimizing channel investments across circular, POS, co-op seasonal promotions/consumer overlays, and digital/social.
• Drove $22 million in profitable annual sales by instituting sports and celebrity sponsorship strategy centered on team licensed apparel, softlines and PL consumables leveraging the power of NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL/NCAA championship properties.
• Generated $5 million in annual CPG fees, reduced supplier costs by $2.1 million for product demonstration and SKU rationalization/reset program, while achieving sustained sales lifts of 45% and 8% on national brands and private label items. Corporate Affairs and Brand Stewardship
• Generated 5,000 stories and 212 million impressions valued at $4.7 million in earned media coverage including national profiles on CBS Sunday Morning, CNBC Supermarkets Inc. and in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and USA Today.
• Rocketed website traffic 70% in 6 months with a comprehensive PPC/SEM/SEO strategy including retargeting, programmatic advertising, mobile and social media/influencer outreach that resulted in ongoing engagement with ~1,000,000 customers.
• Increased awareness 19% of the company’s cause-marketing and philanthropic efforts by creating a unified brand for CSR.
• Led crisis communications while serving as primary on-camera spokesman for challenging press issues, fatalities and recalls.
• Slashed labor costs $560,000, cut wait times from 5 minutes to under 30 seconds, and grew first call resolution to 90% with new Salesforce product and service standards that overhauled customer care database and team handling 445,000 contacts. Senior Director, Marketing
Giant Eagle, Inc. Food/Fuel/Pharmacy Retailer Pittsburgh
$10 billion retailer with 430 stores, 6 banners in 5 states and 36,000 employees; 30th
largest privately held U.S. company
InteliData (Nasdaq: INTD) FinTech Software Managing Director, Investor Relations & Marketing 1996—2002 Amtrak Passenger Rail Manager/Spokesman, Public & Government Affairs 1993—1996 Sunoco (NYSE: SUN) $20B Fuel Retailer Staff Writer, Internal Communications 1992 Graduate Certificates, Industrial Design and Digital Marketing, Carnegie Mellon University and University of South Florida Master of Arts in Journalism Program, University of Maryland, Full-tuition University Fellowship and stipend Bachelor of Arts in Communications, La Salle University, Summa Cum Laude Board Member (2019-Present), Tennessee HIMSS Chapter and University of South Florida Digital Advisory Board (2018-Present) Chairman of the Board (2012-2015) and Board Member (2003-2016), Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania Chairman (2006-2008) and Board Member (2004-2015), Food Marketing Institute (FMI) Retailer Coalition Committee Multiple excellence awards from: AMA, PRSA, and holder of a Guinness Book of World Records publicity event. EDUCATION & INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP