MARK ANTHONY I. PAGA
Detail-oriented, efficient and organized professional with extensive experience in Agricultural Crop Production and Crop Protection. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical. Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking. BOARD EXAM (R.A. 1080) Licensure Examination
for Agriculturist (LEA) 80.00 %
Central Mindanao University - College of Agriculture, Horticulture Department Instructor 1
1. Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts. 2. Evaluated and graded students' class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers. 3. Kept abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences. 4. Prepared and delivered lectures to undergraduate students on topics such as crop production principles and practices and Fiber and Oil Bearing Crops. 5. Initiated, facilitated and moderated classroom discussions. 6. Supervised laboratory sessions and field work, and coordinate laboratory operations. 7. Supervised undergraduate teaching, internship and research work. 8. Compiled, administered and graded examinations. 9. Advised students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues. 10. Planned, evaluated and revised curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
11. Maintained regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students. 12. Participated in student recruitment, registration and placement activities. 13. Selected and obtained materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
14. Acted as adviser to student organizations.
15. Participated in campus and community events.
16. Served on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues. 17. Compiled bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments. 18. Acted as Team Coach for the Aggies Futsal Team. 19. Acted as one of the committee for the Aggies Socio-Cultural Group 2
- March 2019
Sensient Technologies Philippines Inc.
Established the Farms and Supply Chain of Color Crops in the Philippines. Achieved these by strategically performing the following functions: 1. Managed contract farming relationships.
2. Implemented standardized Sensient agronomic practices across all farms from seed to post-harvest.
3. Implemented soil and water testing, GPS-positioning, and standardized farm record keeping across all contracted farms.
4. Conducted regular farm visits across the region. 5. Implemented germplasm adaptation trials, preliminary and advanced yield trials of breeding materials across the region.
6. Monitored insects, weeds, diseases and abiotic stresses and recommended appropriate prophylactic and curative recommendations. 7. Developed innovative farming practices for optimum yield and pigment production of botanical colorants.
8. Worked with other regional agronomists, consultants, academics and other researchers to provide on-farm solutions.
9. Coordinated the packaging and shipment of botanicals to various Sensient processing plants around the world.
10. Managed and maintained the regional seed bank for Sensient botanical colorants and coordinates other seed bank managers.
11. Spearheaded the application for USDA Organic Certification. 3
SUPERVISED PLANTING ACTIVITIES
1. Projected required workforce based on dumped seeds in respective area. 2. Coordinated with other area supervisors for workforce support, planting density and materials required.
3. Monitored on-going planting activities in the area for productivity, quality, and safety.
Del Monte Philippines Inc.
Achieved target Metric Tons per Hectare with greater tonnage on big fruits through ensuring the efficiency of workers and the quality of their outputs in conformance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), PhilGAP, GlobalGAP and ISO standards. Attained, specifically by playing the following functions: FACILITATED FIELD LAY-OUT MEETINGS
1. Scheduled meetings with Land Prep, Spray, Research, Land Matters and Engineering Supervisors.
2. Prepared maps for field layout reference.
3. Facilitated discussion on field history and layout of respective area. 4. Collated approved recommendations on the field layout of the area. 5. Disseminated copies of field layout reports to concerned Departments. COORDINATED WITH LAND PREPARATION DEPARTMENT
1. Coordinated with Land Prep for scheduled activities 2. Monitored on-going land prep activities in the area based on approved field layout plan.
3. Recommended additional field improvements outside plan. 4. Prepared work orders for additional requests on top of plan. 5. Made follow-ups on Land Prep activities required during the whole crop production operation.
COORDINATED WITH SPRAY DEPARTMENT
1. Prepared work orders for required spraying activities from pre to post planting. 2. Coordinated with Spray on the approved work order for implementation. 3. Monitored on-going spray activities based on PP & Research recommendation. 4. Recommended special spray dosage for specific area as approved by the manager. 5. Reviewed accomplishment reports for any deviation from approved plan. 4
SUPERVISED FERTILIZING ACTIVITIES
1. Coordinated with Storeroom for availability of requested fertilizer. 2. Facilitated withdrawal of fertilizers from Storeroom to respective fields. 3. Prepared maps and assignments for respective fert supervisors/ leadmen. 4. Monitored on-going fertilizing activity for productivity, quality and safety. SUPERVISED FIELD MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
1. Planned maintenance activities like manual weeding, soil con, Seige Pro and Power Spray applications.
2. Assigned workforce needed for the days activity. 3. Monitored on-going activities for productivity, quality and safety. LINE FUNCTIONS:
Assisted & coordinated with land matter concerns/ complains 1. Facilitated complains/ requests on land matters regarding crop damages, drainage concerns, road right of way, encroachments as well as payment negotiations. 2. Acted as front liner to meetings hosted by LGU’s and NGO’s sustaining the good rapport in nearby communities.
3. Acted as Speaker in Graduations of TESDA-DSWD-Del Monte Foundation Sponsored courses.
1. Appointed Safety Officer maintaining a hazard-free work place and compliant to ISO and OSH Standards.
2. Conducted regular inspection within area of responsibility and prepared reports and recommendations on unsafe acts and conditions observed. 3. Conducted SHEEP Committee meetings regarding issues in relation to Safety, Health, Environment and Emergency Preparedness.
1. Appointed Environmental Officer sustaining an environmentally friendly crop production compliant to DENR-EMB standards.
2. Facilitated awareness campaign on Environmental Protection and Soil Conservation practices in Barrios, Barangays and in Public Schools. Assisted Research Dept.
1. Gathered data on daily rain fall and weather condition and Down loaded data on Watch Dog instrument relaying to Central Research station. 2. Provided technical support and manpower support during studies conducted in area of responsibility.
- June 2013
Central Mindanao University
Master of Science in Horticulture
Minor in Plant Breeding
University Town, Musuan, Bukidnon
Department of Science and Technology -
Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resources Development Program- National Science Consortium
Central Mindanao University
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Major in Horticulture
University Town, Musuan, Bukidnon
“Yield Performance of Cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) in response to different Kinds and Rates of Organic Fertilizer.” Scholarship Program:
Senator Teofisto “TG” Guingona III Scholar
Department of Agriculture - Bureau of Plant Industry, PQS-10
Enforced Plant Quarantine Rules and Regulations at Camiguin and Cagayan de Oro Ports which leads to interceptions and confiscations of illegally transported agricultural products and by-products. Attained, specifically by playing the following functions:
1. Strictly enforced Plant Quarantine Rules and Regulations in Ports as mandated by Presidential Decree 1433 or the Plant Quarantine Law of the Philippines.
2. Performed laboratory identification & classification of insect pests which helped in the Post-quarantine control of pests already in the country. 3. Conducted pest monitoring and occular inspection on Plants and Plant Products transported.
4. Issued necessary permits for the movement of Plants and Plant products cleared to be transported.
5. Assisted in the actual control measures of existing pests in Region 10. Plant Quarantine Inspector
August 2019 -
June 2003 -
TRAININGS AND SEMINARS ATTENDED
Bioinformatics and Cytogenomics for Plant Conservation and December 16, 2019 Evolutionary Studies
Seminar-Workshop on Table of Specification and Item Analysis October 4, 2019
Biotechnology 101 and Joint Department Circular Forum August 15, 2019
Accident and Incident Investigation Seminar November 25, 2017
Chemical Handling and Safety Education October 20, 2017
Building and Sustaining effective Stakeholder Relationship April 12, 2017
Basic Occupational Safety and Health (BOSH) March 16-18, 21-22, 2017
Quantum Geographic Information System (QGIS) October 1, 2016
Cost Competency Seminar September 24, 2016
Pineapple Production Practices (Pine University) March 10 – May 26, 2015
Managing Organizational Change February 9, 2015
Building the Leadership Difference January 12, 2015
Problem solving and decision making December 7, 2014
Guiding the development of others November 23, 2014
Performance Management System October 26, 2014
Effective Presentation Skills October 19, 2014
Effective Written Communication workshop October 12, 2014
Communication for Leadership success October 5, 2014
Role of Supervisor in the Organization September 21, 2014
Winning the race against time September 14, 2014
AFMIS Web Maintenance and Data uploading September 5-6, 2012
Crop damage and Crop loss assessment Seminar September 22-23, 2009
Gender Orientation Seminar for Graduating Students February 27, 2008
Maximizing Technology utilization and Agricultural Technology through e-Extension February 21, 2008
Enhancing competencies of CMU campus advisers
and student leaders September 9, 2007
WIWAG – Business Week Seminar Workshop August 20-24, 2007
Banana Production and Organic Farming Seminar February 23, 2007
Production technology for High Value Commercial Crops February 2, 2007
Young Advocates for Peace Workshop May 26, 2006
Rapid In-Vivo propagation of Curcums using stem
cuttings grown in different media seminar February 24, 2006
Forum on Butterflies June 18, 2006
Flower arrangement Seminar September 11, 2005
1. Aggies Cultural Group
2. CMU Alumni Association
3. Mindanao Horticulture Society
4. Gamma Kappa Phi Fraternity
5. Knights of Columbus
6. WIWAG-Business Group Alumni Association
7. Youth for Christ
8. Young Advocates for Peace
9. Zai Shotokan Karatedo Club Organization
Email address: email@example.com
Skype ID: live:mark_paga
LinkedIn: Mark Anthony Paga
Mobile Number: 093******** (SMART)