Indiana University, Bloomington, IN May 2018
Master of Science in Computer Science
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India May 2009 Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
Percentage: 70 %
Shree Vidyadhiraj Polytechnic, Kumta, India May 2006 Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
Programming: Java, C#, VB.NET, C++, HTML, CSS, PHP, Android Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Synopsys Inc., Bloomington, Indiana July 2018-Present Security Consultant
• Performed penetration testing of web Applications.
• Prepared reports with vulnerability findings and remediation guidelines.
• Educated the technical and non-technical audience on identified vulnerabilities, impacts, and remediation strategies. Cincom Systems Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio May 2017-August 2017 Innovation Team Intern
• Used Low Code development platform named Mantis to code and develop application. Mantis is a proprietary product that has been used in thousands of organizations and has been used to develop a significant number of apps.
• Was part of all the aspects of the product development life cycle from conception to launch.
• Participated in the initial problem identification, user research, solution design, prototyping, researching effectiveness, iteration, product development, documentation, product launch, promotion, and marketing.
• Involved in full life cycle development of Mobile applications including requirement gathering, designing, coding and deployment. Followed Agile software development methodology.
• Hands on experience in creating a library for Mantis development environment. Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana January 2017-May 2017 Associate Instructor
• Worked as an Associate Instructor for an undergraduate course – “Mobile Application Development (Android)”
• Helped students during lectures and lab sessions to learn Android programming.
• Conducted office hours to help students with their difficulties while working on their Android projects. CGI Information Systems and Management Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India February 2010-July 2016 Senior Software Engineer
• Provided production support (data and code support) for more than 35 Windows and Web applications and diagnosed the technical issues reported by the users. These applications are developed in different technologies like Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, C#, HTML, CSS, ASP, etc.
• Investigated the root cause of recurring application issues and implemented fixes. Collected the client requirements to enhance existing applications.
• Assessed the estimated project timeline and handled the life cycle which included reviewing SRS, preparing SDS, construction, reviewing test cases, and deployment.
• Led multiple code enhancements projects and bug fixes which helped us eliminate frequently recurring issues.
• Tutored and mentored more than 5 members.
• Network Request Enhancement Phase 1 Project
o There were 3 different enhancement projects in a span of 2 years. o Involved in all the phases of SDLC (Requirements gathering, SRS review, design, SDS creation, implementation, writing test cases, testing, bug fixing, and deployment). o Languages: Visual Basic 6, ASP, SQL Server 2000
• Bug Fixing and Optimizing of an Interfacing Application o SAP to NETS interface application is used to transfer the data from SAP application to NETS database. This application had few bugs which resulted in abnormal terminations of the job very frequently. Also, the application was using multiple SQL queries that are not optimized. So, I took an initiative to fix all the bugs and to optimize all the SQL queries present in the code which resulted in error-free job execution and performance improvement.
o Languages: C#, SQL Server 2005
• Kronolog (Time tracking App)
o Kronolog is a time tracking app that quickly, easily, and accurately tracks the time that an employee works on a job, or a project and summarize it in a convenient e-mail for submission to clients, or payroll. o Language: Mantis
• Securing data using Steganography
o Developed a software which is used to hide data in a file. All combinations of text, audio and video files are possible in this software which was not available in previous techniques. o Language: Java
• Expense Manager
o Developed an app in which helps the user to manage his income and expenses. o Used SQLite to store the data.
o Language: Android
• Scavenger Hunt – Game Prototype
o Developed a game prototype. The app randomly generates 3 plant/tree names every day. The user should search for that plant/tree and click a picture of it to score points. o Language: Android
• Social Media Mining Project – “Movie Suggestion System” o Used IMDb dataset and MovieLens dataset for recommending movies to users. It identifies the type of the movies liked by the user and uses that information to suggest movies to that user. o Language: Python
• Let’s Play Website
o Let's Play will be a platform for connecting students to play sports and physical games together. This website is good news for many sports enthusiasts, because it helps them to reduce their time in reaching out to their busy friends to hold the number of players required to play as well as setting a suitable time. o Language: HTML, CSS, PHP, Bootstrap, MySQL
• Social Networking Website – “Gamify”