PRASANNA VELAVAN. A
To obtain a challenging and meaningful position in which I can utilize and further develop my skills in pursuit of organizational objectives. My goal is to summon up all my skills, resources and focus them to ensure the best possible outcome of any situation. DOMAIN & INDUSTRIES AREA OF INTEREST
Present employer : NLC Tamilnadu Power Limited - NTPL Capacity : 2 X 500 MW Thermal Power Plant.
Position held : SUPERVISOR - BOILER
Duration : Nov/2018 to Till
Previous employer : NPTI training at TPS-2, Neyveli (Tamilnadu) Capacity : 7 X 210 MW Thermal Power Plant.
Position held : NPTI – GRADUATE TRAINEE
Duration : Jun/2017 to Jul/2018 (1 year)
Key Result Areas:
● Thermal power plant in Operation of plant.
● Operation work in Boiler, According to the start-up &shutdown manage all the Boiler procedure.
● Responsible for unit start-up writing shutdown isolation / de-isolation procedures & safety work permit system and to carry out the audits to ensure the standards. Leading plant personnel in Isolating and Normalizing Plant/Unit/equipment for issuing/ cancelling of work permits to maintenance, in coordination with Shift Eng.
● Monitoring all System for commissioning such as Mill rejection system, Lube oil system, Cooling water system, Vacuum System, Steam system, IA & SA Compressor system, Condensate System, De- aeration System, etc.
● Equipment operator to start boiler auxiliary units.
● Provide the relieving shift superintendent with a complete handover, bringing to his attention any operational disturbances, malfunctions and abnormalities.
● Preparing safe work permits, hot work, cold work, lifting and confined permits
● Encouraging contractors and workers for adopting safe practices and using personnel protecting equipment’s (PPEs) and implementing safe practices.
● Maintains good housekeeping on unit, auxiliaries and surroundings
● Maintain/Track Power Plant statistical performance, production, root cause analysis and make suggestions/recommendations to the Supervisor PROJECT DETAILS
Title Design and Analysis of Jig & Fixture in Curtain Airbag Assembly (Hyundai Mobis) Project
In the existing Jig and Fixture of curtain airbag assembly in cushion folding there is some misalignment between the folding blades which makes error in overall diameter of the cushion roll. In this research, the design is proposed to minimize the loss. PROFESSONAL QULIFICATION
● Post Graduate Diploma in Power Plant Engineering from National Power Training Institute, Tamilnadu (Under Ministry of Power, Government of India) with 83.2%
(First class with Distinction ).
● B.E in Mechanical Engineering from Anjalai Ammal Mahalingam Engineering College,
Thiruvarur (ANNA UNIVERSITY ) with 6.8 CGPA (First class). PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
● Attended the SIMULATOR TRAINING program for the operation of 210 MW TPP of two weeks duration at National Power Training Institute (NPTI), Nagpur.
● Attended international seminar on “POWER SECTOR SUSTAINABILITY IN EMERGING RENEWABLE ENERGY ERA”
● On Job Training at “Kudangulam nuclear power plant” ACHIVEMENTS
● Karate (Brown belt II holder)
● Kalaripayattu (National level II Prize) in 2014
● Amateur Wrestling (state level I prize) in 2011
● Judo (State level I prize) in 2011
● Well versed with MS office, outlook, Word, Excel and internet applications etc.
Date of Birth: 30th August, 1995
Passport Details: R 3054793 (Dt. of expiry: 23rd July, 2027) Marital Status: Single
Address: C4/2, All India Radio Staff Quarters, Millerpuram, Tuticorin -628 008, TAMIL NADU STATE.
Languages Known: Tamil and English. ( can able to read and write Hindi) Preferred Location: Middle East / Europe / US / UK / Canada Declaration:
I do hereby certify that all the above information is true and correct to the best of My knowledge.