Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Phone: 571-***-**** Address: Falls Church, VA
Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/habipkadioglu Authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship Objective:
Having proficiency Software Development Engineer in Test through Manual and Automation Testing of Web-based applications.
• Extensive experience in Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke/Sanity Testing, Positive and Negative Testing including Black-Box testing and Database Testing in Waterfall and Agile environments.
● Extensive experience in each phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) such as Test Cases and Defect Life Cycle (DLC).
● Experienced in each phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including both Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
● Proficient in writing, reviewing and executing Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
● In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
● Proven ability in requirement analysis and creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) between Requirements and Test Cases to ensure test coverage.
● Strong Java programming skills including Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts, Data Structures, String Manipulation and Exception Handling.
● Extensive knowledge with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse and IntelliJ.
● Solid experience with Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber with Gherkin language, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, JUnit, Postman, Git, Jira, SQL and Page Object Model.
● Proven experience in automation of Web-based Applications in DDT (Data Driven Testing), BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and Hybrid Frameworks based on the Page Object Model using Selenium and Cucumber features, scenarios, and step definitions.
● Extensive knowledge on built frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG and Page Object Model.
● Proven knowledge of Gherkin language to read and write feature files for Cucumber.
● Executed Extent-Reports, HTML reports and Cucumber JSON reports for status reporting.
● Hands-on experience with creating Page Classes for each page and utilizing Page Factory for application under test, writing CSS selectors, XPath and other locators for element identification.
● Proven ability in managing dependencies and building an automation project using build tool Maven using pom.xml.
● Working knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) in reading and developing scripts and finding web elements with various methods.
● Experienced in test management and bug tracking using the Jira test management tool.
● Experienced in Database Testing using JDBC and SQL Queries in various Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as MySQL and Oracle servers.
● Solid knowledge in Back-end testing of applications in different layers. Application Programming Interphase (API) using Postman/Representational State Transfer (REST) Assured Library.
● Expertise in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration (CI) tool for the project and experience in Jenkins on an AWS Virtual Machine (VM) for executing the Smoke Test and Regression Test for continuous integration.
● Experienced in Git Version Control tool and GitHub as a remote repository.
● Participated in agile ceremonies; Sprint Planning meetings, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Review meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings to understand the business and testing requirements.
Automation Testing Tools
Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, JDBC, Apache POI
Database Management Systems PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, AWS Methodologies Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
IDE/Development Tools Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Sublime, Visual Studio Version Control Tools Git, GitHub
Testing Framework Data-Driven Testing (DDT), Behavior Driven Testing 3
Page Object Model (POM)
CI/CD Tools Jenkins, Docker
Bug Tracking Tools Jira, Jira XRAY, Remedy
Work Related Experience:
BOOKIT – Tysons, VA July 2019 – Present
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Analyzed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications based on SMART criteria and involved in the preparation of the Test Plan, developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
• Experienced in IntelliJ IDEA to develop Java codes to automate tests.
• Designed, developed and implemented POM (Page Object Model) based on automation testing framework utilizing Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit and Cucumber with Gherkin.
• Used BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) with Cucumber, JUnit, Java and created Future Files with Scenario and Scenario Outline as well as writing Step Definitions for behavior.
• Integrated Cucumber and Selenium screenshot functionality to efficiently analyze, report.
• Logged defects in Jira with defect type and detailed information about the defect.
• Developed and performed Data Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver by reading test data from the Excel file using Apache POI.
• Performed Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, and Database Testing in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
• Implemented automated execution of Smoke and Regression testing using CI tool Jenkins.
• Expertise in Database Testing, Data Manipulation using SQL Queries and PostgreSQL to interact with Relational Databases.
• Performed Back-end testing using Java, SQL (Structured Query Language) and JDBC (Java Database Connectivity).
• Developed Data Driven Framework based on the Page Object Model by creating a connection between Selenium and ORACLE Database Server.
• Expertise in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration (CI) tool for the project and experience in Jenkins on an AWS Virtual Machine (VM) for executing the Smoke Test and Regression Test for continuous integration.
• Tested applications in different types of browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and their versions to simulate production environment.
• Used Selenium web elements locators such as ID, Name, Class, Tag Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS Selector in HTML code to test the web applications under testing. 4
• Followed the Agile methodology and participated in all the Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Demo, Review Meeting, and Sprint Retrospective Meeting to understand the business and testing requirements.
• Experienced in Git Version Control tool and GitHub as a remote repository.
• Used Maven software project management tool to generate Test Reports.
• Achieved Continuous Integration through Jenkins by building the framework using Maven. Environment: Agile, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Java, HTML, SQL, Selenium WebDriver, Jira, Data Driven Development Framework, Page Object Model, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins and AWS. R-VENT MEDICAL October 2017 – October 2018
• Target, prospect and nurture new partnerships with customers, building relationships with key decision makers.
• Leverage relationships to continuously bring new opportunities to the table.
• Create Profiles for each new customer and coordinate and support the on-boarding process between the customer and operations through entering their datas to the system.
• Implemented strategic sales plans in accordance with Company goals, ensuring targeted KPI’s are met.
• Serve as a liaison between new customers and operational staff to ensure exemplary customer service.
• Attended Development and Communications staff meeting, and other meetings as required.
• Mitigated adverse financial impact of problematic situations through use of technical knowledge, established business contacts and persistence.
Professional Scrum Master I
CYBERTEK CODING SCHOOL July 2019 – February 2020
ISTANBUL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY (ITU) - Istanbul, Turkey Bachelor’s Degree