585-***-**** email@example.com https://github.com/videet92 https://www.linkedin.com/in/videet-kumar/ SUMMARY
Software Engineer graduated with a Masters CS May 2020 with both work experience and several relevant technical projects. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Rochester Institute of Technology - SQL Developer Rochester, New York Aug. 2019 – May 2020
• Migrating the existing Crystal Reports to a better report generation system which also involves cleaning and enhancing existing PL/SQL stored procedures and creating ad-hoc procedures, views to support daily production reports. Solu Technology Partners - Software Engineer Co-op Rochester, New York Sep. 2018 – Aug. 2019
• Improved the overall error handling of the application by creating custom error pages & controllers using Spring annotations.
• Redesigned and refactored an existing CSV export feature by applying effective design patterns to increase cohesion and reducing loose coupling between modules thereby improving performance by 75%.
• Implemented automation (Selenium) and unit tests for the application resulting in code coverage of at least 95%.
• Resolved 40+ bugs, ranging from minor to critical severity, which greatly improved application performance and user experience. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. - Software Engineer Mumbai, India Aug. 2014 - Jun. 2017
• Designed and developed new features for scalable banking applications as a full stack application developer using Java and Hibernate.
• Redesigned the existing work process and automated file sharing task by developing REST end points to upload the files.
• Improved response time to SQL queries up to 45% by reviewing and tuning indexes, creating materialized views, and fixing coding issues for the Vendor Bill Management System.
• As a Production Support Executive, performed activities like resolving high priority client issues, fixing code related bugs, and optimizing database queries.
Tata Steel Ltd. - Project Intern India Jun. 2013 - Jul. 2013
• Developed a full-fledged web application Inventory Management System using HTML, CSS, Java, and MS SQL Server allowing the users to view, rent and purchase inventories after approval. PROJECTS
Weather Forecast (Spring Boot, REST, Angular) Independent April 2020
• Developed a Spring Boot weather application for forecasting 2 days of weather information using the Dark Sky public API. Created REST end points accepting latitude and longitude of a location from an Angular based frontend to provide the desired weather data. Automatic Text Summarization (Python, NLP, Pandas, Scikit-learn, BeautifulSoup) April 2020
• Developed a text summarization tool to provide quick summaries for online news articles. An unsupervised TextRank algorithm was used to find important sentences to form a summary. GPS Best Path Finder (Python, KML, Google API) Jan. 2020
• Parsed GPS data to perform data cleaning and convert the GPS data into KML files for rendering on a map. Designed a cost function based on stop signs, red lights, turns, halts, and average speed. Determined the best route based on a custom cost function that reduced fuel consumption and wait time.
System Security Evaluation using Rule-based Expert System (Java, Android) Jun. 2018
• Designed a Security Evaluation Application for Android devices which uses a hierarchical rule-based Expert System to find out if the device is secure or not. Developed using Android SDK and the Expert System was developed using Java Expert System Shell. EDUCATION
Rochester Institute of Technology Master of Science in Computer Science GPA: 3.54/4.0 May 2020 Courses: Algorithms, Intelligent Systems, Big Data Analytics, Computer Vision, Data Cleaning and Preparation, Visual Analytics University of Mumbai Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology GPA: 3.7/4.0 May 2014 ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND AWARDS
• Certified Microsoft Technology Associate in Web Development Fundamentals.
• Received ‘On the Spot’ and ‘Star Team’ awards for outstanding performance in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.