IT Professional Analyst with nine years of experience in the field of Business and Systems Analysis for major industries such as finance, accounting and healthcare. Experience in a variety of projects including process improvement, software development and solution implementation. PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
● Extensive experience in finance, accounting and healthcare.
● In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from gathering requirements, design using UML to development and project delivery.
● Experienced in SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, RUP and Agile.
● Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal skills, highly self-motivated, committed towards tasks handled, process oriented, strong learner and intense achiever with excellent documentation skills.
● Extensive knowledge of functional set-ups, business process analysis, gap analysis and creating functional specifications.
● Comprehensive understanding of design using unified modeling language (UML) and Visio.
● Excellent knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), such as Rational Unified Process
(RUP), Waterfall, and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
● Excellent understanding and experiences in Agile Methodology – SCRUM creating user stories
● Good understanding and experiences in Agile Methodology.
● Experience in transforming business requirements into functional requirements, using UML diagrams-Use case.
● Extensive experience in documenting AS-IS and TO-BE process models, by creating Use Cases, Multi-user perspective diagrams, Traceability Matrices and other artifacts using Visio/MS-Office.
● Well versed in Gap Analysis.
● Participated in requirement workshops along with business stakeholders to verify and confirm the business requirements in User Interface (UI) designs.
● Excellent facilitation of project-related meetings, status meetings, preparing and presenting projects status reports, and conducting walk-through for end-users.
● knowledge in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and documentation of test cases.
● Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
● Requirement gathering & analysis, solution design, module configurations, testing, conversions, post production support and extensive experience on Oracle financial modules with strong and in-depth techno-functional skills.
● Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize while managing multiple projects
● Comprehensive understanding of solution delivery life cycle of enterprise solutions, business process analysis, requirement elicitation and analysis, software and vendor selection, custom development and/ or package implementation, testing and vendor management.. TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• Intermediate in PL/SQL
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Publishing)
• Power BI
• Project Methodology: SDLC AGILE, SCRUM, Waterfall, RUP, XP, Hybrid methodologies
• Testing Tools: Toad, Jira,, Rally, Sharepoint 2010, EDUCATION
• Bachelor of Accounting (University of Punjab GND 1
Transamerica, Ceder Rapids, Iva
DEC 2019 to current
IT Business System Analyst
I am working with two project capital redesign project and IT shadow project . My responsibility is too interviewing stakeholders to collect the data . After gathering the information,I documenting and create user stories. I am really good to do data analysis and gathering the independent requirement.
• Gathering and analyzing information and data from stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Converting ﬁndings into meaningful documentation for use by the development team.
• I have Communicating with technical, non-technical, functional, management and executive staﬀ.
• Working within cross-functional teams.
• I have Taking initiative to develop a collaborative approach among teams before, during and after the requirements gathering process to achieve a common mission, vision, values and goals.
• I am Tracking software development life cycle activity metrics as it relates to requirements and other established metrics.
• Working with Enterprise-level application development environment.
• Experience developing solid requirements documents with a strong attention to detail to capture project need and scope.
• I have skills to facilitating and leading groups to clarify and deﬁne project requests, needs, scope and priorities, as well as delivering presentations for meetings involving cross-functional teams and including stakeholders.
• I have Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide clear and consistent status updates and inform stakeholders and agency leadership of project progress.
• I do Automation testing My team does the testing as well.
• Assisted the PO to prioritize the user stories and organize the Product and also worked with the scrum team to organize the Sprint backlogs. Also worked with the PO on Product backlog grooming.
• Worked with the PO and the team to identify the EPICs and break/split them down to manageable user stories.
• As a member of the scrum team, actively engaged in user story planning sessions to clear out all the confusions by understanding the business needs and functionalities. Involved in product estimation with the scrum team.
• Assisted the Scrum Master to facilitate the scrum meetings and to keep the project/sprint on the track through analyzing project health every day. Used Burn Down charts to continuously monitor sprints.
• Worked with the Product Owner and the healthcare mgmt./Claim handling SMEs and discussed and understood current issues. Studied the client’s end-to-end claim handling process to understand the current issues.
• Facilitated JAD and regular meeting sessions with the PO and the SMEs from various business areas, business users, and IT professionals to identify potential problems and find solutions.
• Under the Agile approach, assisted the Product Owner (PO) in collecting and analyzing user stories. Worked with the Product Owner to prioritize and organize/create the product backlog and backlog grooming. Bank of America, Charlotte, NC
April 2017- Aug 2019
IT Business /System Analyst
The project focused on Business expert/analyst supporting technology solutions for Corporate Audit. Required deep knowledge of business functions, operation and utilizing this knowledge in technological alternatives, business requirements, and business environments to support or maintain technology solutions. Responsibilities :
• My responsibility was to gather the requirement from stakeholders and Business users in determining end to end design requirements for applications such as EIMS (Enterprise Issue Management System) and RMS(Risk Management System), working closely with software/hardware developers and vendors relating to Risk and Compliance Operations.
• Worked closely with Business Intelligence team to define standards for reports.
• Responsible for creating UAT scripts in quality center.
• Gathered requirements from Verizon Customer service agents and field officers to produce business and functional requirements for Trouble Report Management Application.
• Created customer journey mapping documents.
• Involved in data warehouse testing by checking ETL procedures/data mappings
• Designed Activity, Sequence and process flow diagrams using MS Visio to simplify and elaborated certain selections and filter conditions.
• Presented high level requirements using use cases, and interaction diagrams to user groups, as well as documenting requirements and getting them reviewed and base lining the same.
• Supported issue management during testing phase using Jira.
• Created mapping documents which specified table information in database, conversation and Business rules.
• Attend weekly status review meeting with PMO team to report latest progress and issues found in the project
• Planned, coordinated analysis, design and extraction of encounter data from multiple source systems into the data warehouse relational database while ensuring data integrity
• User journey mapping, Business change management and transformations, Requirements gathering and management.
• Involved in discussion in enhancing and expanding the encounter data warehouse model through sound detailed analysis of business requirements
• Worked with the business holders on gathering requirement for creating wiki stories.
• Create use case, UML diagrams, data flow diagrams, business process and data process models for various documents. Initiated the Agile Scrum methodology for the project execution.
• Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro and Utilized Agile experience with large and small teams
• Customer journey mapping to aid product selection, program delivery and future IT & Business strategy development
• Established a Business Analysis methodology around Agile (SDLC) methodology.
• Experience in Bug reporting and Defects Management using Quality Center.
• Created data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagram (ERD), business process and data process models.
• Worked close with PMO to facilitate backlog grooming meetings and release backlog meetings.
• Prepared BRD and converted these requirements in FRS.
• Worked with Agile Methodology environment.
• Worked closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs
• Worked under minimal supervision and provides creative solutions Environment: Windows, MS Project, MS Office MS Visio, SDLC, Agile, SQL. General Dynamic Informational Technology
January 2016 – December 2016
General Dynamic Information Technology is a well-diversified financial services holding company. Project includes working under general supervision, performing application systems analysis, including full life cycle design and development support, participates in the design, testing, debugging; and maintaining of technical and system documentation
• Developed system requirements and software specifications using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Reviewed; analyzed; and evaluated existing and proposed changes based on needs and requirements.
• Elicits; gathers; documents; and analyzes business requirements and process workflows.
• Created and updated documentation from Business users (e.g.; requirements analysis; use cases; user stories; and level of effort/resource estimates).
• Was responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed diagrams including Business Flow diagram, Creating process models and Data flow diagrams.
• Responsibilities include analysis, design, development, testing and implementation for the application. Responsible for coordinating internal and external groups for merger project including development, testing, implementation, status reporting to PMO, release management, change management and control of project.
• Worked with the architect, developers on business and technical issues, helped in designing of the system; and testers to ensure all requirements are correctly translated.
• Gathered requirements for new client menus through user interviews and journey mapping
• Documented best practices for to improve the overall efficiency of the team and collaborated with PMO teams to ensure project delivery on time.
• Extensive experience with various management and defect tracking tools including Quality Center (ALM).
• Communicated with business partners in weekly meetings, collected deliverables for key milestones, updated test scripts on scope changes, analyzed test plans from PMO work streams and manipulated large data.
• Collaborating on the definition of Persona User Journey Mapping & Analysis
• Worked extensively on Business Requirements, Functional Specification, Data-Integration, Data Mapping, and Data Warehouse access using SQL and Crystal Reports, ETL process, use cases modeling (UML) using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio) and dashboards
• Interviewed various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for detailed business process and to understand the collections and recoveries side of the business segment.
• Interacted with the Business team through the JAD session for gathering requirements and helped in developing complex business maps.
• Ensured business objectives are accomplished and aligned with overall business strategies.
• Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to gather business processes; business requirements; identify and mitigate risks; and coordinate project plans.
• Defined scope and objectives; analyzed business processes; documented requirements; identified and mitigated risk; resolved system design problems; and coordinated project. Environment: Windows, SDLC, MS Project, MS Office MS Visio, Agile, SQL. USANA Health Sciences (Employer: Singh brothers LLC) November 2010– December 2015
This project was done for client USANA Health Science for implementing the Total Health Benefits Administration (TBA). TBA is it tool used to manage health benefits of various US employees belonging to various organizations. Project involves study of client requirements and then implementing it on the TBA platform. Different personalized communication statements, PCS statement are sent to participants informing them about various health plans they are enrolled into and the costs associated with them generated through a new tool called middle office. Responsibilities:
• Identified areas for business Improvement.
• Developed maps and flowcharts of current and future business processes.
• Prepared PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets for business processes.
• Managed a team of 6 members, provided technical support, assigned projects and tracked deliverables.
• Initiated the Agile Scrum methodology for the project execution.
• Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro and Utilized Agile experience with large and small teams
• Worked closely with the PMO (Project Management Office) group in defining timelines & schedules for the project.
• Worked on a daily basis with the mainframe team and lead data warehouse developers to evaluate the impact on current implementation.
• Created training documentation for end-users of the Project Management tool in the PMO.
• Provided clients with initial and ongoing support throughout the lifecycle of a process.
• Tracked all bugs and severities with log snippets in Quality Center.
• Generated reports using SQL queries including single row function, table join, Sub query, group functions, set operations.
• Generated business reports using SQL query.
• Assess business operations and processes of PMO or business unit to understand procedures, information flows, and handoffs, decisions, and communications pathways.
• Customized a warehouse capacity model in Excel to improve the site's warehouse visibility
• Translated the business needs into functional requirements and communicated with the business users on a non-technical level.
• Performed quality audits at every stage of the project to validate consistency, accuracy and deadlines.
• Developed controlled documents with revision numbers and implement training programs to train new associates.
• Gathered requirements from Business Users and Stake holders, prepared business requirement documents (BRD) and Functional requirement documents (FRD).
• Responsible for translating BRD into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
• Conducted the AS-IS and TO-BE analysis of the business process using GAP analysis.
• Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Conducted and facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to reduce time spent in moving information between stakeholders and team members.
• Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) for the development of the system.
• Worked closely with the Customer Service Area to gather and document requirements for an Ad Hoc Rating tool to provide a Soft Quote.
• Followed Agile Methodology, conducted Story Card Sessions, created story cards, and prioritized them.
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Team Lead on the test plan.
• Worked with the Testing team in creating the test cases and test scripts.
• Conducted weekly status meetings with the team and worked closely with the PM on task assignment, budget and Project Plan.
• Developed strong relationship with business partners and developed a deep understanding of the business area.
• Prepared or assist clients in documentation of current business process and future business process.
• Partnered with business team on writing (test verifiable) business requirements documents.
• Partnered with business and IT to elicit, analyze, write and prioritize both functional and non- functional requirements.
• Experienced in performing end-user interviews, leading requirements gathering sessions, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Created requirement document that contains analysis, process decompositions and flows and uses cases.
• Perform data requirement analysis.
• Validated data and application results using data from mapped requirements to ensure authenticity of work.
• Identified project risks and provide risk mitigation strategies and escalate to leadership as required.
• Worked with clients to develop use cases and UAT test cases.
• Developed use cases, business flows and functional specifications from requirements & functionality requests.
Environment: Windows, MS Project, SDLC, MS Ofﬁce MS Visio, Agile, SQL. 6