Fangyu Ma 857-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented Mechanical Engineer with over one year of experience in design, thermodynamic, fluid dynamic, FEA, CFD, manufacturing and testing.
Seeking a challenging position working as Mechanical Design/ Thermal Engineer Education
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering Aug 2017-Dec 2018 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S in Mechanical Engineering (GPA:3.61) Aug 2013-Dec 2017 Skills & Abilities
CAD: SolidWorks, NX, AutoCAD, Creo/Pro/E, Autodesk Inventer Simulation: NX, SolidWorks, FloTHERM, Ansys
Programming: MATLAB, Python, C
Others: FEA, CFD, Minitab, Thermal Analysis, Stress Analysis, Data Analysis, Failure Analysis Certification: Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Intern Engineer (IE) Employment
Dynatron Corporation, Union City, CA, US Jun 2019-Present Mechanical Engineer
• Design CPU cooling products for servers and PCs, such as heatsinks, fans, liquid coolers, heat pipes, vapor chambers, etc.
• Perform thermal and structural simulation to propose the optimized design of the cooling products.
• Perform mechanical checkout and full system thermal and flow simulation for PCB and Chassis.
• Conduct various mechanical testings on prototypes and sample products to validate the design.
• Communicate with clients and provide OEM cooling solutions.
• Research and analyze new technologies to develop new cooling products.
• Select appropriate materials and manufacturing process for the products. Edgewell Personal Care, Milford, CT, US Jan 2018-Aug 2018 Research Co-op
• Accomplished multiple CAD design projects and FEA simulation analysis.
• Operated Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and provided high-resolution images of samples.
• Continued a long term project of establishing new coating methods on products.
• Conducted research experiments and performed testing on various mechanical equipments. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, US Aug 2017-Dec 2017 Teaching Assistant: Introduction to Engineering Analysis
• Helped students with their in-class assignments. Torhea Education,Wuhan, China Jun 2016-Aug 2016
Teaching Assistant: Physics I (Principles of physical dynamics)
• Assisted MIT Lecturer Jolyon Bloomfield to help students with class assignments and provided individual sessions.
Design optimization Aug 2016-Dec 2016
• Implemented a nonlinear optimization method to improve the design of an aircraft wing spar by using MATLAB ‘fmincon’ function.
Heat Transfer Jan 2016-Jun 2016
• Improved the design of a condenser by applying the hydrophobic coating to increase the efficiency of the Rankine cycle and collaborated with GE engineers. Research Aug 2017-Dec 2018
• Develop Research Octane Number prediction models by using machine learning techniques. Honors
Rensselaer Medal for Excellence in Dean’s List of Distinguished Students, RPI Fall 2013-Fall 2018