San Diego, CA *****
Experienced Firmware Engineer seeking new opportunity in a fast-paced dynamic team environment to leverage my skills and expand my horizon of knowledge.
Firmware Engineer, Legrand North America Nov 2019 – Apr 2020
• Worked as a Firmware Engineer on New Product Development for low-power smart shading system, powered by NRF52(Cortex-M4).
• Contributed to new feature development, Bootloader for OTA updates, and configured BLE parameters.
• Developed test scripts and production firmware for manufacturing to verify hardware functionality.
• Utilized JTAG based debuggers for debugging in Segger Embedded Studio and IAR Workbench.
• Created and modified existing YML files for Bitbucket pipeline build environment.
• Worked collaboratively with different teams for system integration to meet product specification and participated in peer code review. Research Assistant, San Francisco State University Feb 2019 – Nov 2019
• Assisted in developing smart Embedded System for facial recognition by using computer vision and neural networks.
• Worked on improving the project by using cloud-based systems to increase the robustness and reliability of the system. Instructional Student Assistant, San Francisco State University Feb 2016 – Dec 2018
• Tutored and mentored students of all college-level in Computer Science, Math, and Science courses.
• Assisted in developing skills to use data structures and algorithms in C and Python. Firmware Engineer Intern, Sedemac Mechatronics Pvt. Ltd. Jan 2015 – Jun 2016
• Collaborated with the team to design and implement the IoT module for ignition system control.
• Integrated and monitored the accuracy of various sensors such as pressure sensor, level sensor, temperature sensor, etc.
• Worked on different Electromechanical systems and parts such as actuators to control fuel intake. EDUCATION
San Francisco State University MS – Electrical Embedded & Computer Systems Aug 2016 – Dec 2018
• Related coursework: Advanced Microprocessor Architecture, Advanced Digital Design, Engineering Communications, Engineering Management, Embedded Systems, Very Large-Scale Integration. University of Pune BE – Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Aug 2012 – Jul 2016 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Programming Languages: C Embedded C Python C++ Assembly Language OpenCL Tools: Segger Embedded Studio J-Link IAR AVR Altium Visual Studio Keil Proteus Xilinx ISE Microchip Simulink Micro-Processors: Nordic Raspberry Pi Arduino Pic ARM Processors Communication Protocols: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) UART SPI I2C Ethernet TCP/IP RS-232 Wi-Fi Zigbee Others: Oscilloscope Logic analyzer Spectrum analyzer Circuit Designing RELEVANT PROJECTS
Real-Time Operating System Nov 2018 – Dec 2018
• Implemented a preemptive FreeRTOS on Tiva Launchpad using Keil µVision software.
• Designed the system and integrated various sensors to take control actions based on sensor input using interrupt handler in a resource constrained environment.
• Implemented priority scheduling algorithm and utilized mutex and semaphore for mutual exclusion. Facial Recognition Based Home Security Systems Dec 2017 – Nov 2018
• Designed a facial recognition algorithm using HAAR and HOG cascade on Raspberry Pi in Python using OpenCV.
• System utilized PIR sensor for motion detection and triggering the camera.
• Implemented a flask-based web page to display images and grant remote access through a web enabled device. Text Classification Using Hyper-Dimensional Vectors Oct 2016 – Dec 2016
• Collaborated and designed an algorithm in C for text classification.
• Trained the algorithm with 2000 files by dividing them into anagrams and segregating files according to keywords.
• Achieved an accuracy of 92% for the algorithm with pentagrams. Wireless Sensor Networks Jun 2015 – Apr 2016
• Established a Sensor Network to remotely access and control it using ZigBee transceivers and raspberry pi.
• Designed a Flask based web server and uploaded data from sensors for user accessibility.
• Configured the system to create an alert and notify user when the value exceeds threshold.