Chen-Tze (Joe) Tsai
Austin, TX 470-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org ws770324.github.io LinkedIn
• Data scientist with 2+ years of experience on python, R, and SQL. Proficient in correlation analysis, exploratory data analysis, and hypothesis testing.
• Team supervisor of the sales department with 5+ years of experience on customer segmentation and building data- driven marketing strategy.
• Programming tools: Python, R, SAS, SQL, Tableau.
• Data analytics: Predictive model, machine learning (classification and clustering), deep learning, exploratory data analysis, time series data analysis, multivariate data analysis, recommender system, sampling techniques, web crawling, data visualization.
Graduate Lab Assistant Georgia State University, 2018 - Present
• Assisting students to solve mathematical problems including algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus.
• Providing lectures for test review.
Agency Supervisor Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd, 2011 - 2017
• Supervising team performance and training (time management, communication skills, and customer development).
• Constructing customer segmentation model and marketing strategy.
• Designing integrated marketing plans (using credit card rewards to promote insurance products), which significantly reduced employee turnover.
• Instructing marketing strategy (quarterly, 10-20 people) and infant insurance (bi-weekly, 30-200 people). PROJECTS
• Improving Model Performance Using Exploratory Data Analysis: Using exploratory data analysis to divide data into subgroups, extract the main factors of each group, and select the most powerful model. The prediction accuracy increases 10% compared to normal machine learning models.
• Investment Strategy Verification:
Exploring the correlation between the stock price and indices and examining the investment strategies from the internet. The accuracy of the strategies only reaches 50%.
• Sampling Techniques Simulation:
Comparing the variation of sampling techniques in different population and controlling the trade-off between efficiency and allocation based on budget.
MS in Mathematics and Statistics, Georgia State University Aug. 2018 – May. 2020 Atlanta, GA Coursework: Multivariate analysis, linear regression analysis, categorical data analysis, sampling techniques, survival analysis, time series data analysis, machine learning, data mining, deep learning. BS in Applied Mathematics, National Chung Hsing University Sep. 2006 – Jun. 2010 Taichung, Taiwan Coursework: Calculus, Statistics, Probability, Mathematical Statistics. Leadership: Captain of the badminton team.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATE
• IBM Data Science Certificate, Coursera, 2020
• Outstanding lab assistant, Georgia State University, 2018
• Qualifying Member of Million Dollar Round Table, The Premier Association of Financial Professionals, 2012