**A View Green Crescent
Etobicoke, ON M9W7E1
As a Personal Support Worker, to help people live active and fulfilling lives by providing support with activities of daily living and while maintaining client independence. Skills And Abilities
• Demonstration ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, disciplinary teams, residents, clients and their families.
• Dedicated to promoting client dignity, indepence, comfort, mobility, and safety.
• Knowledges of specific conditions affecting physical abilities, such as Dementia.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Providing high quality customer service, excellent performance and always on time.
• Working knowledge of MS- words and MS Windows 98 and 2000.
• Abilities to complete work while meeting multiple demands.
• Able to work in a variety of settings and adapt to different situations.
• Self-reliant Confident working under minimal supervision.
• Listening Skills - composed respectful and empathetic
• administrative skills - scheduling, recruiting, managing Work History:
Wal-Mart Canada Mississauga (& Etobicoke)ON,Canada (Customer Service Manager)
• Provide excellent customer service
• Demonstrate ability to work independently
• Developed strong times and self management skills. Experience:
Central Park Lodge nursing home, Etobicoke ON Canada.
• Provided personal care and support to diverse client population
• Skilled at caring for clients with quadriplegia and severe physical disabilities
• Praised for my calm, composed, empathetic manner with clients.
• Assisted developmentally disabled adults with activities of daily living Experience:
Villa Combo Alzheimer Day Care
Etobicoke Ontario Canada
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and care for alzheimer clients
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently
Saint Andrew Elementary School, Georgetown, Guyana. (Aug 1991-sept 2003)
• Elementary School teacher
• Taught students in class
• Implemented school curriculum plans
• Prepared lesson plans
Personal Support Worker:
• Provide excellent personal support care to residents according to established care plan, including all components of Activities Of Daily Living
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and care for Alzheimer clients
• Participate in care plan and report changes in client’s conditions
• Care for clients with Neurological Conditions
• Perform duties as assigned
Education & Training
2011 GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE, Toronto, Ontario
Restorative Care Certificate
- Specialize in Stroke Care
- Care of clients with Neurological Conditions
- Restorative Care Principles, Practices and Techniques 2004 National Association Of Career Colleges
Personal Support Worker (Diploma)
- Cognitive Impairment and Mental Health Issues
- Dementia and Alzheimer Patients
1991 Cyril Potter Teacher’s College
Trained Teaching Certificate
- Elementary School
- Plan and Implement School Curriculum
1987 Abram’s Zuil Secondary School
Certifications: CPR and First Aid
Service Of Excellence
Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care
References Available Upon Request