Robert Wilson Brown
Bechtel • Pennsylvania Chemicals Project Monaca, PA Piping Superintendent April 2018 – Present
• Oversaw union craft for underground and above ground pipe installation throughout various PE areas.
• Consistently met daily, weekly, and monthly goals, while keeping a focus on safety and quality.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, plan of day (POD) meetings, stretch and flex, toolbox talks, walk downs, safety reviews, signing time sheets, and staffing.
• Vast knowledge of construction drawings, leadership, construction management, client relations, shop drawings, problem solving and construction overall.
• Additional tasks included mod yard carry over work and installation of the lube oil threaded pipe in PE3.
• Temporarily moved to nightshift in support of projects needs where responsibilities included overseeing the following trades: pipefitters, iron workers, laborers, plumbers, operators, and boilermakers.
Bechtel • Corpus Christi Liquefaction EPC Project Corpus Christi, TX Piping Superintendent September 2016 – April 2018
• Responsible for D01, E01, L01, L02, M01, R04, R05, R07, R08, X01, wet/dry flare stack areas.
• Oversaw Senior General Foremen, 3 General Foremen, 6-8 Foremen, with each crew consisting of 6-10 workers.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, POD meetings, stretch and flex, toolbox talks, walk downs, safety reviews, signing time sheets, and staffing.
• Met all objectives, including daily, weekly, and monthly goals by ensuring that the craft team members focused on safety and were kept out of harm’s way. Bechtel International • Wheatstone Project Tianjin, China Area Superintendent - Piping, Electrical, Structural, Civil October 2014 – September 2016
• Held key role as Area Superintendent to ensure OG&C Wheatstone Project China Mod Yard achieved over 2 million-man hours without any lost time incidents (LTIs).
• Responsible for up to 1000 craft personnel and 4-8 superintendents during the project.
• Directly supervised shipping of 27 modules and assisted in shipping of 65 modules from this site.
• Each module had requirements for completion of structural steel, welding, mechanical equipment, piping, electrical/instrumentation, fireproofing, painting, pneumatic and hydro testing along with required cleaning and preservation work for shipment.
• Tracking and completing work packages for all disciplines, client walk downs, punch list and completions.
Bechtel International • Australia Pacific LNG Project Batam, Indonesia Area Superintendent – Piping September 2013 – December 2014
• Responsible for 270 local craft team members (all trades) and 7 superintendents (local and expat).
• 32 modules constructed at the mod yard with 8 additional modules prepared for jobsite.
• Module work consisted of completion of structural steel, welding, mechanical equipment, piping, electrical/instrumentation, fireproofing and painting.
• Additionally, cleaning and preservation work were performed for shipment, including preventative maintenance (EQMS)
• Daily activities included: running morning stretch and flex, toolbox talks, POD meetings, schedule meetings, management walkdowns/safety reviews, timesheet review and sign-off, and staffing.
R.W.Brown pg 2
• Ad-hoc activities included: tracking and completing work packages for all disciplines, client walkdowns, punchlisting, and completions.
Bechtel Power • Russell City Combined Cycle Project Hayward, CA Piping Superintendent September 2011 – August 2013
• Led 250 direct hire union craft personnel on the piping team.
• Oversaw installation of all pipe, supports, and additional piping related items in CTG1 and CTG2
(Combustion Turbine Generator) to completion.
• Completed build out of the ZLD (Zero Liquid Discharge). Start to finish installation of all pipe work, hangers, supports and all related items for completion of the STG (Steam Turbine Generator).
• Engaged in all work performed with the HRSG1 and HRSG2 (Hot Reheat Steam Generator) to completion including all project underground work and hydrotesting. Bechtel • Prairie State Energy Campus Project Lively Grove, IL General Foreman/Foreman March 2009 – September 2011
• Managed 50 - 75 union craft personnel during time on the Prairie State Energy project.
• Oversaw the installation of all large bore heavy wall pipe on both Unit 1 and Unit 2.
• Installed the steam separator system from the manifold to the water collection tank and all associated hangers and supports.
• Supervised the installation of the primary and secondary superheat, upper and lower platen headers and all attemperator piping, as well as the small-bore pipe installation from the ground to the 14th floor.
• Responsible for receiving, cleaning, fitting, rigging and welding of all spools. Local 101 Plumbers & Pipefitters Union Belleville, IL General Foreman/Foreman/Pipefitter June 2004 – March 2009
• Worked for various union contractors in and around southeastern Illinois/St. Louis metro areas.
• Focused on mechanical work in a variety of school and hospital systems.
• Also completed work on numerous boiler rooms.
Pipefitter Journeyman Apprenticeship Program
Local 101 & Southwestern Illinois College
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND SOCIETIES
General Foreman Pipefitter Belleville, IL
Local Union 101 - Plumbers & Pipefitters of Southern Illinois 2003-Present ADDITIONAL TRAINING (BECHTEL)
• Personal Based Quality (PBQ) Committee Team Leader
• People Based Safety (PBS) Team Member
• Safety Leadership Workshop
• Hazard Recognition Workshop
• Superintendent Leadership Workshop
• Supervisory Training Workshop
• UA Standard for Excellence
• UA Foreman's Training
• Work Planning
• Aboveground Piping Installation
R.W.Brown pg 2
• Pressure Testing
• New Employee ES&H Review Checklist (Exhibit B 1)
• Fall Protection/Confined Space/Hex Chrome