AKINTAYO AYOTOMIWA GLORY
Highly capable professional English teacher with a focus on student learning and engagement. Dedicated to teaching students the principles of writing, literature analysis, and close reading. Exceptional knowledge of delivering instruction with technology and empowering students to use valuable resources. Excellent understanding of curriculum development and assessment methods based on research and practice. Ability to be a team player able to communicate complex information in a simple and entertaining manner. Looking to contribute my knowledge and skills in an organization that offers a genuine opportunity for career progression.
• Excellent ability to facilitate and teach difficult concepts to students, including breaking down topics, scaffolding, re-teaching, and checking for understanding.
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills when delivering lectures to students and communicating with staff or other members of the School.
• Ability to foster beneficial and supportive relationships with students and colleagues.
• Motivated to work independently, achieve my personal best, publish valuable research, and be a contributing member of the school community.
• Strength to persist despite obstacles, such as lack of resources, a limited amount of class time, and other challenges in the classroom.
Zenith Height Academy Doha, Qatar
August 2018 – 2020
• Met parents and school governors; maintain discipline in the classroom; simplify lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives
• Assess the progress of the students throughout the term and work closely with other staff to efficiently plan and coordinate work
• Provide informative presentations to students regarding different areas of studies and ensure that all students fully comprehend all aspects
• Plan the content to be covered in the class according to the curriculum, the number of weeks available and the date of the final exam
• Responsible for ensuring that all students fully comprehended the taught curriculum and provided support to students who required extra guidance
• Adopted distinctive teaching methodologies, documented all lessons, organized healthy group discussions, and mentored troubled students
Peartree Schools (September 2017 – June 2018)
• Monitor students during class work and exams
• Manage student behavior as appropriate
• Plan and develop teaching aides as instructed
• Provide assistant to teachers in terms of preparing lesson outlines
• Assisted teachers in managing classroom activities
• Observed student’s performance as directed
• Assisted in grading exam papers and homework
• Organize and distribute lesson resources as directed
• Assist with the weak students or students with special needs.
• Coordinate instructional efforts with lead teacher EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Bachelor in English and childhood Education
2013 – 2017
Secondary School Leaving Certificate
2009 – 2012
ST. DAVID GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Junior School Certificate
2006 – 2009
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional instructional acumen
• Strong working knowledge of managing student behaviour
• Goal oriented and self-motivated
• Hard working and flexible
• Excellent with children
• Expertise in teaching assistance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and with modern classroom technology LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY