Bellevue, WA 98008
• • Mac OS, Windows, UNIX/Linux
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DEVELOPER 04/2017 to Current Amazon.com Services LLC
Continuous Deployment Solution (Java)
Launched a new Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) API (Java) Data Storage Solution (Java, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Kinesis, Amazon internal tools) Participated in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
Designed, developed and documented the solution to achieve continuous deployment on main service's pipeline (an Amazon tool for modeling the release process) in our team.
Set up an integration testing framework for all team's services. Designed and implemented 28 integration tests and 50 functional tests for all 20 APIs. Added rollback monitors, alarm blockers and time blockers to enable full continuous deployment for team's main pipeline.
With this solution, the team can deploy any changes at any time without any effort. It saves one engineer day per week on average. It helps to avoid bad deployments that cannot be detected manually.
Amazon MWS is an integrated web service API that helps Amazon sellers to programmatically exchange data on listings, orders, payments, reports, and more.
• The API is to generate different customs form templates for different ship methods.
• Collaborated with two teams and PMs to design the functionality in a reusable way. Built it in a manner that is applicable to all use cases. Minor effort is needed when onboarding ship methods with new requirements. The launch time can be cut in half.
The API helped to launch 53 ship methods from 4 carriers. Thousands of customers are using these new ship methods now. We expect more ship methods and more customers in the future.
Worked with clients to understand use cases. Invested possible ways to satisfy all requirements.
• Designed a data storage solution that provided different levels of access for clients. Learned and utilized AWS Kinesis, DynamoDB and Amazon internal tools like Dryad, EDX and IonSQL. Saved data to EDX (Elastic Data eXchange, is Amazon metadata store. It is like a metadata layer over S3 but has many APIs to handle data) and wrote queries to flatten data into multiple datasets.
• Created Redshift tables and loaded data from EDX.
• Wrote the runbook. Educated three teams to use data in EDX. University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA Master of Science
Computer Science, 12/2016
Lanzhou University - Lanzhou, China
Bachelor of Engineering
Computer Science & Technology, 07/2014