Hardworking electrical professional bringing demonstrated success in promoting workplace safety and adhering to OSHA regulations. Dependable and quality- focused with history of exceeding client expectations. EXPERIENCE
3-2008 – TO - CURRENT
SUPERVISOR GANG LEADER / JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN,
• Boosted job efficiency and customer satisfaction by maintaining organized and clean job sites.
• Checked measurements and completed accurate cuts to prevent materials waste and maintain cost controls.
• Moved equipment, supplies and tools to work locations to assist mechanical department employees in completing skilled work.
• Inspected and tested electrical systems to identify connection issues and other faults affecting system performance.
• Configured controllers and set up panels for Locomotive installations.
• Repaired and installed new fixtures, wiring, circuits and motors.
• Utilized customer feedback to develop plans and solve problems.
• Sized components according to building specifications and user requirements.
• Trained junior electrical professionals on proper procedures.
• Educated wide range of entry-level electricians on best practices and company protocol, ensuring maximum productivity.
• Increased project success by diagnosing faults and removing defective components while repairing and restoring equipment and systems.
• Diagnosed issues and developed effective solutions.
• Performed troubleshooting to determine issues and appropriate action to complete tasks and provide quality installations.
• Evaluated existing electrical systems for maintenance, repair and update requirements.
• Enhanced quality and safety of production systems, working with management teams to develop and implement corrective actions for process problems.
• Oversaw projects with crew of 4 personnel maintaining, repairing, testing and calibrating locomotive electrical and mechanical systems, components and equipment.
• Oversaw and partook in all aspects of project completion, including ordering parts, job inspections and staff scheduling.
• Interpreted electrical codes and diagrams to complete tasks in safe and accurate manner.
• Created status reports on equipment maintenance and repairs while collaborating with team leaders to advance process initiatives.
• Troubleshooted systems and repaired equipment, ensuring compliance with all established guidelines.
• Oversaw 2 electrical technicians while performing maintenance, repairs, calibration and testing of various types of electrical systems and devices.
• Adhered to safety protocols, OSHA standards and building codes in installation of systems, operation of equipment and handling of materials.
• Read and understood technical drawings, diagrams, flow charts and project documentation to make accurate decisions about electrical system installations and repairs for each assignment.
• Verified problems, investigated faults and troubleshot solutions to enhance installations.
• Interpreted blueprints, schematics and diagrams of project requirements and initiated appropriate electrical installations.
• Operated tools according to prescribed safety practices. 6-2005 – TO – 02-2008
LEAD TECHNICIAN, IRONWOOD COMMUNICATIONS
Provide technical training to co-workers and new staff.
Adhered to established policies and standards to safely complete projects.
Managed, fixed and maintained up-to-date knowledge on satellite systems.
Developed corrective action plans and prevention strategies to improve product reliability.
Followed up on manufacturing and field reports and resolved outstanding problems.
Repaired, upgraded and inspected electronic, electrical and communication systems.
Fostered relationships with external customers.
Managed team performance by training, mentoring, disciplining and motivating employees. EDUCATION
ASSOCIATES DEGREE, NEW CASTLE SCHOOL OF TRADES
I completes a 15 month coarse on Electrical Technology and received an associates degree with a 3.95 GPA and making the Dean’s List in all quarters SKILLS
Focused and hard working
Critical thinking skills
Time management skills