Jenison, MI 49428
616-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Confident and a hard working individual who desires to work with diverse groups of people from different cultures; Posses strong work expectations and ethics; Works well within teams as well as individually; Effective at serving individuals of all ethnicities and races; Fluency in four languages such as: English, Nuer, Arabic Juba, and Kiswahili; Strong ability to provide leadership; Capable able to organize people and am a high standard individual focused on one mission to achieve in human society.
Bachelor of Arts Western Michigan University
Major: Global and International Studies, Minor: Social Work GPA: 3.5
Associate of Arts Grand Rapids Community College
Major: Social Work GPA: 4.0
06/2003- 08/2004 AccuServe Sorting and Quality Jenison, MI Quality Control Inspector
• Quality audit, quality control automotive part inspector, quality system management, inspecting automotive parts, and quality management
• Examine manufactured products, primarily automotive parts to ensure that parts met all standards of presentation and quality.
• Working with calipers, blueprint gauges machined parts inspection and measurements injection molding parts.
• Processor Auditor and quality assurance inspector as well as inspector and also quality control technician.
• Standard quality equipment and quality control board, first piece buyoffs, SPC as well as quality form.
09/2005- 01/2006 Amway Global Headquarters Ada, MI Warehouse Associate
• Production, packaging, assembly, factory, and general laborer.
• Work in a fast paced environment, met daily production quotas
• Process handling, packaging, material handler, and on the assembly line
• Record raw material usage; perform heating, metal working, cooling and other mixing operations on the general foods production.
• Report bad parts of cosmetics, powder, and liquid
• Complete paperwork correctly as a team player and neatly during my work shift. Most of the time, I assisted to a variety of related duties as required by my supervisor.
02/2007-08/2008 YMCA Grand Rapids, MI Youth Program Coordinator
• Supervise teens and lead activities for the youth development program
• Acted a role model to teen boys and girls enrolled in program
• Use of empathy to connect and encourage youth to work cohesively as a team
• Monitor students and High School student’s advisor as well as interact with teenagers who came to YMCA
• Counseling High School students, engage in regular communication with students as well as address student’s needs.
• Supervises youth during program hours, provides homework help and academic assistance
• Completes paperwork as required and serves as mentor and role model to High School students as well as manages student behavior and discipline.
• Worked with elementary school children and Middle School students as well as High school students.
• Motivated students and helped each and individual with transportation to their homes in Grand Rapids
• Youth motivational speaker, tutoring students, and helping them with their home works assignment and solving problems of youth at YMCA.
09/2009-04/2012 College of Health and Human Service Kalamazoo, MI Administrative Assistant
• Greeted guests and directed them to where they needed to go
• Managed correspondence and answering incoming calls, greeting students and oriented them in the building depending of their necessities.
• Use of computer filing, data processing, records management and written communication
• Providing face to face communication with students and working in a professional, and fast paced work environment.
06/2013-11/2013 Undercar Products Group Wyoming, MI Machine Operator
• Worked in labor production, welder, material handler, welding plastics, spot welding equipment, and automatic press operator as well as welding processing assembly line
• Responsibilities included making sure machines started up on time, ream, and form, loading and unloading of materials, processing tubing through equipment and ensuring quality of tubes that were produced and shipped out.
• As production operator/Manufacturing Quality Production Processes, produced raw materials on time, as well as reported quality materials to my supervisor.
• Monitored machine performance and product quality with an understanding of all the machine adjustments that affect performance and quality
• Prepared and submitted paperwork for production, maintenance, inventories and receiving.
• Perform maintenance repairs as needed and I was a team leader at ABC Undercar Products Group.
• Detected and reported defective materials to my manager.
01/2014- 05/2015 Camelot Wood Apartments Grand Rapids, MI leasing Consultant
• Reported residents’ complaints/concerns to assistant manager
• Establish rapport with residents and prospective residents, field community comments, suggestions, and complaints, then forward to appropriate manager.
• Prepare and distribute resident and community communications, rule reminders, violation notices, increase letters, delinquency notices, eviction paperwork, lease addendums and renewals as well as prepare bill and statements for approval.
• Perform administrative functions including answering phones, typing, copying, faxing, filing and completing and maintaining community records, reports, and files.
• Collect and post resident security deposits, processing fees, rents, inspection or other fees; record in the proper accounts and issue receipts.
• Make collection calls for rental payments. Process move-ins and move-outs.
• Assist with the preparation of marketing materials and implementation of resident relation activities.
• Assist prospective residents by reviewing new and used home listings, showing homes, and assisting with applications.
• Forward all customer service requests to the Community Manager and maintain petty cash fund, recording expenditures in proper accounts.
06/2015- 09/2015 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cascade, MI Customer Service
• Welcomed customers at Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Front desk management checking customers in and out of the hotel.
• Answered the switch board and booked reservations over the phone
• Guest services representative and customer service
• Bookkeeping experience and filing knowledge
• Answering incoming phone calls and assisting customers with phone-based enquiries.
• Keep the paperwork on filed and record as well as payment.
10/2015-06/2016 Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC Kentwood, MI Molding Machine Operator
• Operating various molding equipment, placing and removing parts from ovens, as well as bagging and tagging parts.
• Check all the parts of quality and pack parts in boxes fill out production as well as reports paper work to my supervisor.
• Press operators run plastic molding machines and fixtures and used trim with a knife, grind excess flash from parts as well as scrap slips.
• Inspect, handle, trim and pack molded plastic parts and also I worked at quality inspection.
• My responsibilities was running plastic injection molding machines de-gate de-dur parts while keeping the machine on cycle.
• Package product to customer requirements, label product containers with proper ID label, identify molding problems, and notify Molding Technician for corrections
• Perform assembly of product as directed, complete daily production activity log, maintain stable mold cycle, and maintain a clean work area.
07/2016 -10/2016 President Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center Grand Rapids, MI Residential Advisor
• Worked with youth in a structured program setting and works as part of the team to assure that performance outcome measurement system goals are achieved
• Youth counselor and worked with youth from other cultures as well as worked very well with staff members
• Program planning and youth advisor as well as academic education supported tutoring students at Ford Job Corps Center program.
• Assist youth with transportation to appointment and work closely with minor teenagers who has some issues at President Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center.
• Case work and report any problems that students have to my supervisor at department of residential advisor in Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center program.
• Supervises all student activities in the residential area and meeting with individual teenagers who need more helped with their home works assignment.
• Performs other job related duties such as leadership training, leadership skills to student’s leader’s residential program and provides individual as well as group guidance on an informal or structured basic in close coordination with appropriate counseling staff.
• Due paper work and write assignment directly to my Supervisor at President Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center program.
• Provide guidance, direction and supervision students as well as assist students in development of self-management, independent living and community living skills.
• Assists students in adjustment to center life and in making behavioral changes that will enhance their personal growth and development.
• Documents and maintains accurate information to ensure all students accountability at all times.
• Role model, mentors and monitors the CSS competencies and intervenes by addressing inappropriate student behavior when necessary.
• Maintains accurate records of the personal and social development of each students and participate in periodic reviews of individual student’s progress.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, safe, and comfortable dormitory environment for students assigned and supervises student daily housekeeping chores.
• Facilitates life skills training sessions to support student achievement of the career success standards competencies.
• Conducts daily dorm meetings to schedule and plan required activities, permits an exchange of student views on dorm needs and concerns to reach resolution, and encourages leadership development.
Kalamazoo Ministry with Community Kalamazoo, MI 49007 03/2012
Bethany Christian services Grand Rapids, MI 05/2005
• Cook food to the homeless in Kalamazoo County at downtown and wash dishes as well as clean tables after everybody eat their food.
• Retail supervisory and providing the highest level of quality service, responsible for providing outstanding customer service, assess homeless needs.
• Supervise the front of house staff, including Coworkers employees, assist with scheduling, set up and clean serving lines, supervise the meals in the dining hall, provide friendly and helpful customer service, food services.
• Translated English to Kiswahili for African native speakers
• Community services and willingness to work as part of a team in achieving common goals.
• Worked with parents and refugees children as well as immigrants children who arrived in Grand Rapids
• Assigned to 10 refugees to help with acclimating to American life.
• Provided transportation for refugee families to doctor appointments, supermarkets for shopping, and pick-up/drop-off children to school, as well as assist with finding and applying for housing
08/2006 Grand Rapids Community College Secretary
• Secretary for African Students Organization
• Tutored African students and assist with their homework
• Acted as a team leader among African Students
• Organized special events and extremely get along with all African Students who attended Grand Rapids Community College.
• Event speaker for various African Students Organization throughout the school year
08/2008 Southern Sudanese Community Association Vice President
• Helped Southern Sudanese people with apartment rents in Grand Rapids, and served as a vice President at Southern Sudanese Community Association in the state of Michigan.
• Community leader for two years at Southern Sudanese Community Association in Grand Rapids and organized community activity in West Michigan.
• My job was organizing Southern Sudanese Community Association in the state of Michigan and made sure that people came to the Republic of South Sudan Independence Day in Grand Rapids.
• Organized Southern Sudanese Lost Boys and Lost Girls birthday parties every January first in Grand Rapids.
• Board executive vice chairman at Southern Sudanese Community Association in Grand Rapids, and gave advice to Southern Sudanese families about American life in the state of Michigan.
• Managing people and served as a public servant to Southern Sudanese Community Association in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• Involved and participated at Southern Sudanese Community Organization in Grand Rapids, and helped Southern Sudanese children with their home works.
• Build strong community, community youth advisor and fundraising for
Southern Sudanese Community Association.
• At Southern Sudanese Community Association, was a part of community representative outreach in Grand Rapids and served for several years in the state of Michigan.
• Worked with Southern Sudanese youth program activist in Grand Rapids for one year and deputy chairman of Southern Sudanese community organization.
• Community organizer in Grand Rapids for many years, and helped South Sudanese refugees who came from South Sudan as well and assisted them with transportation.