Atif Khan (APFA, MBA, CIMA-Part Qualified)
Father Name: Muhammad Arshad Khan
Date of Birth: 22-Oct-1988
Skype ID: atifkhan221088
Passport No: PW4129682
Contact Number: +971-**-*******
Seeking to obtain a well-suited opportunity with a company, which will be mutually beneficial due to my comprehensive knowledge of business operations plus my extensive educational background in accounting and relevant studies.
Master of Business Administration (Accounting and Finance) – PIMSAT, PAK Preston Institute of Management Science and Technology – 2012 GPA: 3.3/4
Bachelor of Commerce – Bahaudin Zakariya University, PAK. International College of Commerce – 2006
Senior Accountant – Stella Di Mare (5-Star) – Dubai Marina, UAE. www.stelladimare.com, Recent Position
• Pre-opening Team Member
• Processing monthly closing and banking reconciliations.
• Preparing and submitting Municipality, VAT and govt. related payments.
• Posting accruals and prepaid expenses on monthly basis.
• Managing and maintaining fixed assets register. Allocating and posting depreciation accordingly.
• Analyzing cash-flows of the hotel to release the payments for suppliers as per the agreements.
• Review the financial statements, performing reconciliations for accuracy.
• Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports.
• Work with the Financial Controller to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel.
• Prepare owner’s capital reviews as required by the Financial Controller and General Manager.
• Develop best practice financial accounting, control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency.
• Lead monthly finance update meetings with Operations Manager and Hotel management team.
• Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations Accounting Supervisor – Ghaya Grand Hotel (5-Star) – IMPZ, Dubai, UAE. www.ghayagrandhotel.com, FEB-2014 till SEP-2017
• Pre-opening Team Member
• Leading Income Audit and Accounts Receivables team for the smooth hotel operations
• Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support regarding credit
• Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
• Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
• Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
• Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
• Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
• Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps Accountant - British International School System – Multan, Pakistan www.british.edu.pk Jan 2013 – JAN 2014
• Controlling the payroll for a staff more than 400 employees.
• Provided support for the annual audit.
• Assisted Account’s Manger with different projects.
• Establish table of accounts and assign proper entries to them.
• Reconciled bank statements and ledger accounts.
• Develop maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual cost.
• Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
Audit and Accounts Associate - GHAZI & Co. (Chartered Accountants) – Multan, Pakistan May, 2009 – July 2012
• Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation of clients.
• Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation of clients.
• Completes audit work-papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with audits.
• Complies with federal, state, and local statutory legal requirements by studying existing and new statutory legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
• Maintain and prepared the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual tax returns of local tax enforcement of small and medium scale enterprises. PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
CIMA Finalist– Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – United Kingdom – 2014 Advance Diploma in Management Accountancy – United Kingdom PIPFA – Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants – 2008 In-depth Coursework
Financial Reporting Business Taxation and Compliance
Project Management Business Statistics
Cost Management Financial Management
Infor SunSystems Opera (Hospitality)
Protel (Hospitality) MS Office
Microsoft Dynamics (Oracle)
Mr. Happy Mohammad
Chief Accountant – Ghaya Grand Hotel