Port Saint Lucie, FL
Human Resource Professional with expertise in Human Resources Management and Project Management.
Key strengths are employee relations, organizational skills, project management, performance management, training and recruiting. Recognized for strong assessment, coaching skills and working with business in creating and executing strategic goals. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Human Resource Representative
Brower IT Solutions - Port Saint Lucie, FL
November 2018 to Present
• Provide Human Resources support to the management and employees.
• Develop and administer policies and procedures manual.
• Administer recruiting and hiring process.
• Handles employee issues.
• Responsible for vendors and client management.
• Responsible for termination and exit interview process. Project Manager
National General Insurance - Florida
May 2016 to January 2018
• Completed several projects as along with few listed below:
• Staffing and resource management.
• Acquisition Integration
• Finance and budgeting
• Project Management
• Vendor management
Sr. Human Resource Business Partner
National General Insurance formerly known as GMAC - Winston-Salem, NC September 2013 to May 2016
National General Insurance is one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States. We have been in the insurance industry for more than 20years. National General Insurance offers a variety of property and casualty products, including personal auto, RV, motorcycle, commercial auto and homeowners insurance.
• Provide strategic and generalist human resources support to Groups/Customer.
• Work closely with business leaders to determine people related implications of each group's long term business strategy and take proactive steps to enable strategy achievement.
• Lead hiring process, including recruiting, interviewing, assessments, and on-boarding
• Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
• Conduct succession planning/backup planning process and corresponding action steps.
• Provide guidance to managers on employee relations, talent development and performance management issues.
• Implement annual and department level employee engagement strategies and tactics based on survey results.
• Manage the annual performance management, rating calibration and salary review process
• Partner with managers and Human Resources Vice President to develop and implement targeted training and development programs; conduct HR related training sessions including not limited to Sexual Harassment, New Employee Orientation, Hiring for Success, Respect at workplace, Supervisors Training, Behavioral Interview skills, Performance Improvement Plan, etc.
• Ensure compliance with company programs and policies acting objectively on compliance remedies.
• Provide management coaching/counseling and career development advice for employees/ management level.
• Handle benefit and payroll questions and HR policies/procedures ensuring proper interpretation and practices are followed.
• Complete exit interviews to understand turnover trends and proactively implement retention strategies when applicable.
• Responsible for special projects assessing current company policies and interact with other HR disciplines to develop/implement new policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in employee development and satisfaction.
• Assist HR Manager/HRVP with special projects related to employee retention, recognition, and organizational culture.
• Work and assist as Business Partner to understand the interrelationship of departmental decisions, actions and initiatives and potential effects on other functional areas and the Company.
• Handle H1B visas for international employees
Human Resources Generalist
TJMax Companies - Virginia
August 2012 to August 2013
• To provide Human Resource functional expertise that includes building relationship, Labor Relationships, Recruitment (General Warehouse and leadership), Training and Development.
• A business partner that enables the Distribution Center Business Strategies through recruitment, retention and strong customer service initiative and building strong employee relationship.
• Provide coaching and counseling at employee and management level.
. Handle several employee issues, grievances and labor relation.
. Stretch assignment as a supervisor to build and develop and strategic muscle and develop supervisor level. Managed a team of 22 non-exempt employees.
. Successfully implemented policies and procedures in union environment.
. Assisted and formulating procedure for mass layoff and union negotiation at the time of union contract renewal.
Human Resource Generalist/Coordinator
Michaels Inc- Artistree - Kernersville, NC
February 2008 to August 2012
Michaels (Artistree Inc,) - California, NC
Artistree is a wholly-owned manufacturing subsidiary, supplies high quality custom and specialty framing merchandize, including art prints and precut mats to Michaels and Aaron Bothers stores.
(169 non executive and executive staff at NC and 240 at CA facility) 2008 to 2012
Human Resource Coordinator/Generalist for North Carolina and California Facility
Successfully completed four month project as HRG in California
• Implemented Work Brain new HRIS system
• Reduced the number of injuries by conducting monthly safety trainings and visibly posting safety regulations throughout the plant
• Introduced and implemented a system of converting Agency Temps to Company temps after completion of 400 hours (conversion of 8-10 Temps monthly, depending on hours worked) thus saving thousands of dollars for the California facility.
• Successfully completed Six Sigma Project for Peak Season, recruited 55 employees in three weeks
• Administration of payroll and time keeping system (Work Brain, Genesis, ADP, HR Database)
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and administration of exit Interview for exempt and non exempt associates.
• Conduct new hire orientations, safety and training on SOP’s, etc including overall on-boarding process.
• Conducted several trainings on Team Building, How to Conduct Effective Behavioral Interview, Respect at Workplace, Leadership Styles, Effective Communication and Conflict Management for Supervisors.
• Ensured consistency in execution and correct interpretation of Company policies and procedures
• Assisted associates on policies and procedures, PLOA, FMLA, Benefits, COBRA, Workers Compensation, SOP’s, W-4’s, 401(K) and unemployment documentation, etc.
• Conducted monthly Safety Meetings. Oversaw safety program; training, accident prevention and review
• Key advisor in KPP (Succession Planning) and coaching of leadership team on KPI’s and oversaw quarterly & annual review meetings with the General Managers and Directors.
• Investigated and resolved day-to-day employee relations problems, associate grievances, investigations related to harassment, discrimination and violence at workplace.
rovided advice and mentored line managers to accomplish Individual Development Plan
• Assisted in the administration of Affirmative Action Plans, Equal Employment programs and other governmental rules and regulations pertaining to associate relations
• Ensured facility is 100% compliant with Employment Eligibility Verification and I-9 Regulation Laws
• Conducted associate engagement survey and assisted in Key developing roles for Management Team.
• Administer all plant wide events (Cookouts, Safety Program, Recognition Programs, Plant Meetings, etc.)
• Investigated and took action on unemployment compensation claims and prepared statements for DOL and EEOC charges and hearings.
• Contracted staffing needs of the company with staffing agencies and worked with agency onsite representative.
• Conducted Monthly Agency, Facility and Safety audits
• Assisted in annual and midyear reviews, performance improvement plan
(PIPS), performance discussion reports (PDR).
• Provided career counseling to supervisors and leads
• Conducted Benefit Open enrollment meetings/updated shop benefits in Oracle
Volvo Financial - Greensboro, NC
January 2008 to August 2008
vo Financial Services, Greensboro-
2008 to 2008
• Worked as liaison with two Departments Credit (9 team member) and Customer Service (Team of 7 associates)
• Resolved customer calls related to credit limits
• Generated and processed necessary paperwork regarding credit and finance disputes.
• Pulled Open Item Reports, dispute write up’s, Finance Charges waiver’s in Great Plains and handling the cases independently. Education
Certification in Six Sigma
Forsyth Tech - Jamestown, NC
2012 to 2012
Master in Human Resource Management
The University of Punjab
2002 to 2004
BSC in Management, Biochemistry and Physics
Home Economics College - Lahore, VA
1999 to 2002
• Computer Skills Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Vizio, Workday, SAP, ADP, Kronos, Great Plains, Genesis, HR Database, Wazagua, Work Brain Center, E-Verify, GIS System,SAP, WinPak, ADP, Oracle, SQL, Lotus Notes, Staff Suites, MS Visio and internet, workbrain, Onesource, MSP, Greymark.
• Human Resources
• Microsoft Excel
• Employee Orientation
• Performance Management
• Six Sigma
• Change Management
Certifications and Licenses
Conducting Behavioral interview, Effective Orientation, FrontLine change Management, Team Building, Employee labor laws, OSHA, Environmental Safety.
July 2012 to Present
Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
Conducting Behavioral interview, Effective Orientation, FrontLine Change Management, Team Building,Management soft skills, Employee Labor Laws, OSHA, Environmental Safety and Six Sigma, Respect at Workplace, Performance Improvement Plan, FMLA, Behavioral Interview Skills, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination.