Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, May 2020
Minor in Religious Studies
Univeristy of Houston – Houston, Texas
Overall GPA: 3.04
• Positive Psychology
• Interpersonal Communication
• Business and Professional Writing
• Senior Research Seminar: What is Critique and Theory? Experience
Freelance Writer, August 2019 – Present
Suad Othman Ink. Remote
Houstononthecheap.com, Bostononbudget.com, Dfwonthecheap.com, Sanantoniothingstodo.com, Atxonthecheap.com
• Gather information on project specific areas to create original content while adhering to deadlines.
• Create drafts, editing and proofreading, checking for conceptual or grammatical errors.
• Enhance content with proper SEO requirements for top search results. Writer, November 2018 – February 2019
Uloop News Remote
• Write articles weekly or biweekly while adhering to deadlines.
• Focus on current news and advice beneficial to college students.
• Conduct research to accurately represent brands and companies.
• Encourage traffic by promoting articles on social media platforms. Community Associate, July 2016 – December 2017
Regus Spring, Texas
• Designed monthly newsletters, Craigslist and mail-out advertisements leading to new office sales.
• Operated a multi-line switchboard and greeted guests directing them to the appropriate client.
• Scheduled and coordinated meeting room bookings and appointments.
• Managed the purchasing of coffee and office supplies, efficiently reducing costs to center. Barista, July 2013 – July 2016
Starbucks The Woodlands, Texas
• Exceeded target sales leading to top earning store in district.
• Effectively operated espresso machines for no customer wait time.
• Suggested food and beverage pairings producing satisfied regulars. Achievements
• Mellon Research Program Scholarship Award Winner
• Sigma Tau Delta Member – International English Honor Society Skills
• Languages: Proficient English, Conversational Amharic
• Social Media Marketing, Copywriting, Article Writing; Expert in Internet Research for Creative Content
• Platforms: Excellent Knowledge of Social Media, SEO, WordPress, MS Word and PowerPoint