Alexandria, VA 22301
To obtain a senior level position in Information Technology Management that includes, Business Intelligence, Managing IT Applications, directing 24x7x365 Enterprise Operations Delivery, Data Center & Cloud Management, Network Architecture Designing and Network Infrastructure Management.
Dates Employed: 07/2017 to Present
DIRECTOR of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (OC)
1) Developed United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) vision and strategy plan for reducing 39 Data Centers to 2 Enterprise Data Centers that support 110,000 users.
2) Work with USDA 16 component Agencies to promote discipline and efficiency using Microsoft Azure and AWS Platforms while providing world-class support for Stakeholders.
3) Drive evaluation, consensus-building, decision-making and implementation of the USDA Information Technology strategies on emerging technologies, platform and convergence decisions for Enterprise Solutions.
4) Monitor the health of Enterprise Infrastructure, Platform and Applications that are hosted on-premise and in the cloud environment, utilizing tools & technologies, to detect failures and degradations
5) Establish, document, and implement enterprise-wide data center operations and administration policies, procedures, and standard tools to be used by all IT service providers for providing and maintaining a stable IT infrastructure capable of providing IT Service delivery.
6) Support Sales opportunities (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) Microsoft 365 platform solution to USDA customers and prospects including data center tours, making team and center metrics available when requested, and sharing information that improves product operational effectiveness.
7) Establish an Application/ DevOps cloud strategy in collaboration with various stakeholders within USDA 16 component agencies.
8) Ensure that all IT service providers perform their respective operations and administration tasks and activities in accordance with the defined requirements and in cooperation and collaboration with all other IT service providers.
9) Deliver effective datacenter systems support for Enterprise Data Centers, Network, Systems, and Automation to address business goals and operational requirements.
10) Program lead for implementation of all Dev Ops IT Transformation Program technical aspects related to in-scope Infrastructure platforms, cloud adoption, migration, and transformation of remaining on-premise solutions
11) Partner with Architects, Engineers and other stakeholders to assist in the design, communication and implementation of Strategies, Technology Roadmaps, Standards, Processes and Services.
12) Partner with USDA Cyber Security to ensure security, audit and compliance requirements are met
13) Establish and continuously evaluate key performance indicators and take corrective actions to achieve established goals
14) Lead the working group for cloud/technology discussions and facilitate decisions with other agencies within the organization
15) Define and create reference architectures and architecture/design patterns to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture roadmaps.
Dates Employed 10/2010 to 07/2017
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS OFFICER
1) Managed a large and complex Information Technology projects by working with project teams to deliver business solutions and to drive IT integration.
2) Directed the operations, administration, and maintenance of the networking infrastructure, including development of Network Architecture Strategic plans and roadmaps.
3) Promoted customer relationships; Business Intelligence, worked collaboratively with customers and staff to plan and deliver technology and information services that support the strategy and operations of the stakeholder’s moving applications to Private and Hybrid Clouds using Microsoft’s Windows Azure& AWS (Websites, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Active Directory, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERPs).
4) Analyzed data requirements, application design and architectures designs, data dictionaries, and database schema; then leveraging Business Intelligence technology solutions that meet implicit and explicit needs of stakeholders.
5) Worked with other IT resources to design, develop, test, and implement cloud solutions that met functional specifications of SLAs for stakeholders.
6) Interfaced with stakeholders’ operations, application, infrastructure and other teams to ensured processes supported their needs and there was a buy-in and adherence.
7) Planed additions, Architecture design upgrades, and conversions of network infrastructure, operating systems or security patches to ensure operations.
8) Experience with the following platforms, Windows Clouds, AWS, Clouds, Windows, MacOS, Linux, UNIX, VPN, Citrix, VMware, SAP, UNIX, mainframe, desktop/VDI, and remote services.
9) Consulted with technology working-group (i.e. Information Security, Compute and Storage) to plan capacity of infrastructure at appropriate levels of scale and efficiency and to coordinate major installations or conversions
10) Directed and Managed the Security Operations Center (SOC) with worldwide responsible for 5 Regional Cyber Centers operating, maintaining, and defending the Army Global DoDIN Network Enterprise.
11) Managed 40 staff members, promoting an operations oriented mentality, and assigning specific duties to deploy, operate and enhance cyber security protections, incident response tools, and authentication platforms.
12) Job responsibility included using the following tools: IPSonar & ESI, Quiz Kid., ArcSight, Bit9, Bluecoat, Cisco, McAfee, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, RSA Archer, Symantec, and Tripwire.
13) Conducted IT security risk and vulnerability assessments for planned developing, hosting, and managing cloud-based services. Worked with Stakeholders to develop information systems security contingency plans, business COOPs, and disaster recovery procedures, and assist and monitor all policy changes. Reviewed all new systems that were under development to ensure that the security requirements were being addressed during the design, development and release phase.
ARCD, 1401 Deshler St. SW, Fort McPherson, GA 30330
Dates Employed 08/2005-10/2010
CHIEF INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
1) Provided senior leadership and supervised 20 IT staff members in directing and coordinating IT planning.
2) Managed Data Center Facility (DCF) and Servers: Oracle 11g (Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008, MacOS, UNIX (Solaris, Linux) and complex LAN & SAN networking skills and Users on multiply Blackberry Enterprise Servers (BES).
3) Provided nationwide Information Management/Information Technology support to organizations and tenants located throughout the United States.
4) Managed the IT Service Desk and IT Support for Network Operations Center (NOC) 24x7x365, including multi-tiered customer service, office and technology moves, and setting network access permissions using Active Directory, CA Unified Management, & BMC Remedy Tools.
5) Responsible for service request management, incident management, change management, problem management, availability management and service level management and other key service delivery to marketing team.
6) Provided Active Directory policy implementation. Managed the enterprise Active Directory structures from the forest level down to the organizational units. Managed access requests in Active Directory, Group Policy requests, DNS and DHCP requests, as well as implementing new and updated Active Directory policies and infrastructure.
7) Partner with stakeholders to develop architecture design strategies and identify gaps in IT services and systems for stakeholder’s clients. Manage client relationships by consulting on business needs, compliance and security standards.
8) Responsible for contracts oversight: Writing (SOWs & SLAs), Processing, Negotiation and Administration of contract awards.
9) Manage budget forecasts and capital and operational expenditures for contract programs over 7.8 million dollars.
10) Served as the Senior Program Manager and Project Manager for Infrastructure Projects and Service Delivery for Information Technology development.
11)Provided leadership and guidance on the configuration and deployment of Enterprise Services for short and long-range program goals, objectives, milestones and plans; identifying short and long-range problems; and developing and implementing reports of findings, and recommendations of major significance to executive leadership.
12) Maintained standardized desktop environment, including standardized computer configuration, software product releases, security patches, laptop management, peripheral device operations, and standardized software configuration.
13) Managed telecommunications infrastructure, VOIP, wireless device management, VTC support, and webcasting.
USAREC, 1307 3RD AVENUE FORT KNOX, KY 40121
Dates Employed 08/2003-07/2005
CHIEF of IT OPERATIONS
1) Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
2) Lead a team of 12 Network Engineers, responsible for the day-to-day IT operations and architecture designs as well as project delivery
3) As the Chief of IT Operations, oversaw the identification and resolution of problems dealing with the network infrastructure, applications, and software problems for over 2200 sites nationwide.
4) Directed tasks related to the operation, supervising Help Desk Support servicing, trouble shooting, and account administration of 15,000 Users on Active Directory, Exchange, ADAM, and the GAL.
5) Reviewed and evaluated the effects on security of system changes to Active Directory including interfaces with other Information Systems and documented changes.
6) Provided senior leadership in overseeing applications and software development life cycle (SDLC) to support stakeholders nationwide.
7) Senior technical expert and authority in the areas of configuration management, change management, project management, and performance-based contract management.
8) Developed and maintain key metrics and measurements for overall IT Applications development and performance in support of dashboard reporting to support the needs of the various lines of business, as well as performance management-oriented metrics.
9) Monitored and evaluated the operations of the network and coordinated with Network engineers to make changes to improve the operations and efficiency of the network.
10) Provided senior leadership by directing and coordinating all long-term Technology Projects.
LAUREL, MD 20708
MASTER OF SCIENCE, 2002
Major: INFORMATION SYSTEMS
MONTGOMERY, AL 36116
Major: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
NATIONAL DEFENSE UNIVERSITY (NDU)
Washington, DC 20319
Certificate, 12/2019- Present
Major: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
JOB-RELATED CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING:
TS/SCI Clearance, DAU Certified Program Manager and DAWIA Level III Certification Information Technology, ITIL Certificate 2017, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certificate, Microsoft Azure Training, Service Now Training, Sales Force Training, and Contract Officer Representative Certification (COR).