** **. ******* ***** • Flanders, New Jersey 07836
832-***-**** • email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-galdi SUMMARY
A highly accomplished and change-oriented SENIOR GLOBAL PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS EXECUTIVE with international and domestic expertise in strategy optimization, process improvement/implementation, global customer management, foreign trade zones, global supply chain management, and process innovation. Proven capabilities in workforce development, cost reduction, and global business unit management. Leverages strong communication and analytical skills to identify opportunities in new markets and build lasting relations with top-level clients. A dynamic and innovative forward-thinker who serves as a key contributor to the short- and long-term expansion of an organization.
TE CONNECTIVITY, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Vice President Global Logistics, 2015-Present
Led global distribution network optimization strategies, order fulfillment, and support global needs of business units. Rationalized 28 sites by removing 18% of global footprint. Managed shipping volumes equaling 1.7B parts to 80 countries and 5,000 customers per day with strong linkage to customer care centers globally. Supported B2B/B2C activities globally in both traditional and ecommerce platforms.
• Reduced freight spend from $500 million in 2015 to $383 million in 2019 with 20% sales growth over same time period.
• Reduced Distribution Center Spend from $151 million in 2015 to $112 million in 2019.
• Led logistics sourcing process, educating business units on how to use best vendor, in region, for mode or service removing the
“one-size fits all approach”.
• Foreign Trade Zones: Certified manufacturing and distribution centers in US as to mitigate current and future trade issues reducing Duty and MPF costs by $8.7 million
• Led global supply chain initiative, “Supply Chain as a Commercial Advantage”, working with customers on needs and not wants.
• Installed Control Tower concept globally, allowing for greater leverage of volumes via partnerships and improved proactive service.
• Oversaw strategic sourcing process for transportation carriers and distribution partners. o Ensured robust requirements, statement of work, and agreements remained in place to support sourcing decisions. o Leveraged scale, maximized supplier relationships, minimized risks, and drove business value as identified by customers.
• Directed efforts leading to cost optimization, supply chain efficiencies, improved quality and service, and enhanced innovation through supplier relationship and risk management.
• Established Distribution Centers Automation using AGV and Bluetooth sensors technology to support significant growth.
• Deployed best practice processes via Lean tools.
• Worked with executives across enterprise to develop strategies and actions supporting Next Generation Integrated Supply Chain
(no touch processing).
• Collaborating with key stakeholders upstream and downstream to ensure engagement, buy-in, and ownership of key logistics strategies, system, and process enhancements.
• Driving culture of continuous improvement and organization excellence.
• Established “Self Billing” to significantly reduce resources related to payables and goods of goods. Eugene Galdi, Page 2
ASCEND PERFORMANCE MATERIALS, Houston, Texas (owned by SK Capital) Director Global Integrated Supply Chain 2010-2015
Formed new Planning, Logistics, Customer Service and Global Trade organizations globally in 12 months. Drove and implemented census neutral structure, enabling immediate rollout of MRP and Creditable to Promise globally. Oversaw budget and staff of global manufacturing planning, logistics, customer service, and import/export compliance at 16 sites
(both owned by company and third-party sites). Led staff of eight direct reports, 87 internal and 350+ personnel including third- party site worldwide for $2.7 Billion business. Served inbound and outbound moves including Containerized Ocean (over 30K TEU’s annually), ISO Tanks (fleet of 200) Van Trucks, Rail (fleet of 100), Barge and Air Freight (including Small Parcel) with $300M+ annual spend. Managed annual global Kaizen meetings to identify new opportunities and improve on current working projects.
• Reduced manufacturing spend by $50 million via advanced planning strategies tied into operations, improving scheduling and yields.
• Designed ISO Tank and Rail Car utilization productivity metrics and processes to improve asset performance, reducing cost by 25%.
• Developed global customer focused strategies and led key corporate sourcing initiatives for all modes of transport. o Increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and drove visible and accurate customer “total cost to serve” metrics.
• Developed inventory model that reduced Days Forward Coverage by five days ($15M of daily inventory) while still maintaining over 90% Delivery on Customer Requested Date.
• Achieved $40 million in “hard” global logistics savings through improved distribution network optimization, efficiencies, consolidation and contracting strategies.
• Created, regionally-centralized, and standardized three global customer service teams improving service without disruption.
• Increased First Promise date from fully manual delayed exercise to 90% immediate confirmation.
• Supported key business stakeholders converting business strategies to logistics activities.
• Focused on “Customer Experience” while supporting unparalleled 200%+ volume increase over 24-month period.
• Created Customer Intimacy Program by directly working with key customers to optimize logistics and supply chains globally.
• Focused on logistics service integration to create increased “Stickiness” and “Easy To do Business With” approach. o Resulted in higher customer retention and profit by expanding value added services.
• Implemented SAP’s WMS into 16 locations (US, Europe, Asia).
• Created flexible and automated processing of goods movements worldwide.
• Successfully installed RF “Handhelds” in warehouses to control work flows. o Received data directly from SAP and transfer data back mapping goods to storage bin level.
• Managing material stocks at all levels.
o Conducted audits twice yearly to ensure inventory balance corresponds to warehouse stock in WMS. o Implemented alarm notification, analyzing workload in coming days and allowing for teams to intervene prior to
• Upgraded warehouses not running SAP.
o Installed Application Link Enabling interface (ALE) to manage warehouse movements back into core system. Eugene Galdi, Page 3
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, Morristown, New Jersey (1988 – 2010) Director Procurement and Operations Global Transportation, Logistics and Customer Service, 2006-2010 Led 10 direct reports in US, Europe, and Asia including global trade group as well as tollers and 3PL’s globally. Managed global fleet compliance program on all reusable assets in conjunction with Global Trade. Served as member of business leadership teams allowing for rapid logistics solutions to newest business strategies.
Oversaw Honeywell Logistics Council to ensure implementation of lean studies conducted and best practices. Managed global logistics contracts, managing relationships between transport vendors and customers as well as logistic operations. Designed audit processes for vendor evaluation pre-bid as well as ongoing compliance after contracting.
• Reduced global logistics spend from $500 to $400 via global strategic initiatives.
• Improved ISO Tank fleet (500 tanks) utilization and Rail Car (800 Cars) utilization by implementing supply chain visibility that increased productivity with both fleets by 20%.
• Successful implementation of “No Touch Order Shipments”, using automated tools to receive orders and deliver with little to no personnel intervention.
• Implemented tool providing real-time and complete spend visibility globally (Cost to Serve) down to SKU level.
• Created “Perfect Order Wizard” as KPI tool, proving clear visibility to each step-in order fulfillment process. o Provided insight to areas truly requiring attention.
• Increased on-time delivery from 65% to 90% within 12 months.
• Installed global trade compliance application, delivering $3M in duty opportunities for all regions.
• Covered freight payment into Evaluated Receipt payment process methodology for North America and Europe. o Resulted in $4 million in savings and 94% payment accuracy.
• Teamed with vendors to implement global logistics tracking software, providing real time locations of all shipments.
• Produced “Follow the Sun” concept regarding shipments in reaction to 15% business growth and requirement to keep census neutral.
• Instituted mandatory annual leadership and function related training (three courses).
• Appointed by SBG President to serve as Honeywell’s representative on American Chemistry Council Distribution and Responsible Care Committees.
Director Global Procurement Direct Materials, 2002-2006 Provided strategic direction and oversight of Honeywell’s specialty materials business for global direct material (raw materials, packaging) purchasing function of more than $900 million in spend. Identified, selected, and aligned the management of global supply base, supporting business units for all specialty materials sites. Interacted with Honeywell’s international operations to identify synergistic opportunities for all business units to “Buy Best”, ensuring lowest total cost. Established teams with focus on competitor’s raw material requirements and markets providing commercial groups with clear market intelligence and advantages.
• Negotiated key raw material contracts globally, reducing spend by $620 million over five years.
• Oversaw strategic direction setting/alliance for department and organization. o Ensured global sourcing resulted in leverage- and strategic-benefits for both domestic and global operations.
• Led high-level negotiations and interdepartmental relations. o Engaged and influenced internal partners to drive consensus and understanding.
• Achieved lower total cost with same or improved quality of products through spend analysis, PPV goals/tracking, inflation/deflation, and make-versus-buy analysis (vertical integration).
• Provided direction to staff, enabling improve effectiveness in efforts to support corporate quality, service, and innovation.
• Partnered with commercial and manufacturing to ensure all NPD (New Product Development) products launched in timely and profitable manner.
• Facilitated prompt resolution of high-level quality issues with significant impact on business.
• Led service commitment, ensuring usage of effective methodologies to mitigate supply chain risk and maximize service. Eugene Galdi, Page 4
ADDITIONAL HONEYWELL EXPERIENCES 1988 - 2002
HONEYWELL, Morristown, NJ - Micro Optic Devices Supply Chain Director (LCD Business), 1999-2002. Fluorine Products Supply Chain Manager, 1997-1999. SAP Implementation Leader, 1994-1997 - Installed SAP. Selected by business president to lead effort to transform existing processes with more modern concepts and implement tool supporting methods globally. Finance Department Project Manager, 1992-1994. Chemical/Polymers Division Global Sales & Marketing Manager, 1988-1992. EDUCATION
MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY, Montclair, New Jersey
Six Sigma Certified