LYNN MARIE KUESTER
firstname.lastname@example.org ! www.linkedin.com/in/Lynn-M-Kuester ! Milwaukee, WI ! 414-***-**** CAREER SUMMARY
• Over 20 years exceeding goals in Marketing, Business Ownership, Advertising and Sales
• Strategic professional who successfully creates, develops and executes business plans
• Analytical thinker who uses past history and current trends to uncover market opportunities
• Powerful communicator who excels in writing, designing and presenting to inform and influence
• Team leader who listens and learns in order to take command of problems and find solutions KEY SKILLS
• Strategic Business Planning
• Segment/Target Marketing
• New Product Positioning
• Budgets/P&L Management
• Vendor & Agency Partners
• Cross-Functional Facilitation
• Research & Trend Analytics
• Creative Problem-Solving
• Design & Copywriting
• Coupon/Shopper Marketing
• Online Ads/Social Media
• Business Acumen
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Dynamic Presenter
• Focused On Results
• Innovative Thought Leader
• Brings Concepts To Action
• Builds Customer Relations
• Organized Project Manager
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PPoint)
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER, Carma Laboratories - Franklin, WI 2018 - 2019 Created retail strategy and executed plans that contributed to growth from #5 to #3 lip balm brand.
• Redefined CPG product portfolio pillars using IRI data to identify $10 million sales opportunity.
• Collaborated with R&D team and Nielsen Optimizer to prioritize consumer value of product benefits.
• Developed and implemented Shopper Marketing with digital advertising and online coupons.
• Built and delivered presentations with sales initiatives, customer opportunities and support. MANAGER/CONSULTANT, Barnes & Noble - Brookfield, WI 2016 - 2017 Transformed declining Starbucks Café business from -12% to +3% versus sales plan in 15 months.
• Hired, trained and scheduled crew of 8 to optimize high traffic periods and ensure consistency.
• Established feature items and created merchandising materials increase check averages +18%.
• Initiated prep system and upgraded operations to improve quality and reduce inventory -10%. OWNER/OPERATOR, Harvest Moon Management - Milwaukee, WI 2012 - 2016 Opened new bar/restaurant and grew sales $850K/year with 20% profit margin on a value concept.
• Analyzed menu costs and pricing, plus labor costs and staffing as part of P&L management.
• Shifted product mix from discounted to premium items by focusing on capabilities and innovation.
• Created targeted promotions and used social media to drive +60% growth year 1 to year 2. ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, Noble Communications - Chicago, IL 2008 - 2012 Grew revenues to $1.6M/year and margins to 40% by leading product launches and category drives.
• Created Grande Cheese online presence with website redesign, promotions and newsletter.
• Expanded Martin-Brower one-touch program using video testimonials and new trade show material.
• Spearheaded industry analysis, competitive evaluation and product positioning for Heinz Sauces. ACCOUNT MANAGER, Scott Advertising - Milwaukee, WI 1999 - 2008 Earned retainer and increased project revenue by creating communication plans for major accounts.
• Built McCain Brew City Spring and Fall Promotions with over 5,000 independent operators.
• Initiated Sara Lee/Hillshire Farm Gratitude loyalty program with over 3,000 customers.
• Improved creative development by launching a new input brief form and flow process. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
• Pillsbury Company - Minneapolis, MN
Re-launched Old El Paso with new positioning, products and merchandising growing sales +16%.
• Sara Lee Bakery - Chicago, IL
Built National Accounts with McDonald’s new Blueberry Muffins and KFC Mega Meal for One. SALES MANAGEMENT
• Pepsi Cola Company – Itasca, IL
Increased sales +28% with Subway promotion and new business with three regional chains.
• Procter & Gamble - Indianapolis, IN
Kansas City Territory Manager, promoted to Chicago Retail Manager, then Key Accounts in Indy. EDUCATION
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, Kellogg School of Management - Chicago, IL Classes taken for Masters in Marketing and Management Strategy (MBA) UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME - South Bend, IN
Bachelors in Business Marketing and Communications (BBA) COMMUNITY
Brady Street Area Association - Milwaukee, WI
Past president and current vice-president who develops and manages neighborhood communications, fundraising events and political forums while acting as community liaison with the alderman, MPD, FPD, DPW and DNS.