ZACHARY SUBER, JR.
Z J S U B E R @ G M A I L . C O M
SomaLogic – FP&A Manager, (Boulder, CO) [Jul 2019 – Present]
● Managed complete budget process to deliver the first BOD approved budget before the end of the fiscal year in the company’s history.
● Delivered on time monthly financial reporting on a regular schedule using cloud software. CPI Card Group – Sr. FP&A Analyst, (Denver, CO) [Aug 2017 – Jul 2019]
● Drove a complete overhaul of the company budget process during company reorganization. (Used Hyperion to pull all financial data).
● Completed business unit (BU) cost restructure through HFM and ADP systems; reclassed items by general ledger strings.
● Led project in the development and implementation of Oracle management reporting system.
● Automated ADP payroll to drive down errors in process by 40%. Apollo Group – Sr. Financial Analyst (Consultant), (Phoenix, AZ) [Aug 2016 – Aug 2017]
● Controlled Cash Flow & Balance Sheet Forecasts across all business units for both internal and external reporting (Used Hyperion to pull all financial data).
● Provided consolidated commentary and reporting utilizing SOX Compliance Controls for monthly financial results.
● Managed Earnings Prep Materials including but not limited to detailed cost tables, EPS Detail, & public consensus analysis.
Synergis Education – Sr. FP&A Analyst, (Phoenix, AZ) [Jul 2014 – Jul 2016]
● Organized complete budgeting process including the creation of financial cost and revenue models for the entire company.
● Performed scenario and competitor analysis to help management select best capital investment opportunity.
● Executed monthly and yearly budget variance analysis for client contracts.
● Completed other ad-hoc analysis including organization cash breakeven scenario, accretion/dilution analysis, and due diligence reports for potential mergers and acquisitions. Imaging Advantage – Sr. Finance / Operations Analyst, (Phoenix, AZ) [Jul 2013 – Apr 2014]
● Conducted budget/financial analysis, including KPIs, for company sites in order to forecast profit and loss statement while identifying potential opportunities for cost cutting measures.
● Coordinated complete 2014 budget life cycle from proposal to presentation to the board of directors.
● Reconciled payroll errors that led to over $100k in annual company savings.
● Negotiated pricing contracts that saved the company approximately $120k annually.
● Executed AP and AR payments to various clients.
● Engineered rolling Cash Management Report (CMR) to track variances between budget and actual, in addition to projecting weekly balances.
Heraeus - International Management Trainee Program [Jun 2011 – Jun 2013] 4th
Assignment – Financial Analyst, (Chandler, AZ)
● Designed a forward-looking global product cost database and incorporated a portfolio strategy.
● Managed global commentary analysis, which was presented to C-level management, detailing the financial impacts for a $200m restructure.
● Developed a new model of financial analysis sheet, which cut data mining time by 50%. 3rd
Assignment – Financial Analyst, (Hanau, Germany)
● Completed costing analysis using Excel Cubed / SAP R/3 FI/CO, which allowed business to identify $300K in savings/month without impacting personnel.
● Identified economic market indicators that in order to predict future macroeconomic business trends.
● Organized pricing analysis to determine variable “sweet spot” for products sold globally. 2nd
Assignment – Fixed Asset Analyst, (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
● Restructured Fixed Asset register to give proper and accurate showing of assets while cross checking figures to match accounting ledgers.
● Reorganized HMP (Precious Metals Division) cost center structure to match corporate business structure utilizing Crystal Reports & Access.
● Constructed new policy and procedures for future valuation of Fixed Assets for HMP to coincide with IFRS. WORK EXPERIENCE, (CONTINUED)…
Assignment – Business Analyst, (New York, NY),
● Coordinated Shared Services Feasibility Study for Heraeus’ US entities while preparing root cause analysis for external consultants.
● Tracked pooled US daily cash in order to forecast business operations P&L statement.
● Prepared 30+ procedure notes and process workflows for HIC (Corporate HQ) division. Bank of America – Business Analyst, (Jersey City, NJ) [Mar 2011 – Jun 2011]
● Analyzed investment/fund performance using data mining techniques to determine how portfolio returns align with various market environments.
● Processed standard transactions according to established procedures of GWIM (Wealth Management) Operations. EDUCATION
Mountbatten Institute, 1st
Part (London, UK); 2nd
Part (Bangkok, Thailand) [Mar 2009- Dec 2010]
● International Business Certificate, Concentration: European & Asian Business Culture
● Studied: Mahawithayalai Naresuan University, (Bangkok, Thailand) & St Mary’s College, (London, UK) Temple University, Fox School of Business, (Philadelphia, PA) [Graduated 2007]
● Bachelor of Business Administration – Major: Finance and Real Estate SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
● SAP - (7 years)
● Hyperion - (7 years)
● Oracle - (7 years)
● Salesforce - (3 years)
● Crystal Reports - (2 years)
● Intacct - (2 years)
● Advanced Excel (V-Lookups, Macros, etc.) - (10+ years)