Watertown, MA *****
Scott R. Sevin
Cell Phone Number
The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Concentrating in Biomechanics
June 2019- Present Post Market Associate Engineer (Insulet, Billerica, MA)
● Utilized root cause analysis to determine what was causing customer reported problems.
● Earned sole responsibility for investigating high priority devices off the new line of US manufactured products.
● Investigated multiple different product lines.
● Assisted and significantly contributed to a variety of projects.
● Maintained an organized work environment in order to keep track of different ongoing investigations and projects.
January- August 2018 Development Co-op: Patient Matched Implants (Zimmer Biomet, Warsaw, IN)
● Successfully used CAD modeling software to modify standard line implants based on surgeon specifications and distorted patient anatomy.
● Developed templates and proposals to highlight the key details of custom parts.
● Authored documentation to inform surgeons of the different implant options.
● Effectively communicated with surgeons and other team members to determine the most effective implant designs.
● Helped to solve problems and improve designs of implants and instruments. August- December 2017 Development Co-op: Packaging and Case Development (Zimmer Biomet, Warsaw, IN)
● Responsible for complying with FDA requirements for case functionality and new product development.
● Performed risk analysis through FMEA formulation.
● Assisted with case validation testing.
● Learned the importance of designing for efficiency. Spring 2014 Workplace Experience Student (UPMC Children's Community Pediatrics, Moon Township, PA)
● Interacted with patients, nurses, and physicians.
● Learned what doctors do/need on a day-to-day basis. SENIOR DESIGN
University of Akron Biomedical Engineering Department:
● Collaborating on a team of engineering students to design and formulate a comprehensive Design History File (with accordance to ISO 13485) for an expandable tibial implant that uses a torque wrench to measure the interference between the implant and the bones.
● Experience with the FDA quality system regulation (21 CFR 820) with an emphasis on Design Controls.
o Specifically, contributed to: formulation of technical specifications, Verification and Validation planning, execution, and documentation. ENGINEERING
● Strong Root Cause Analysis
● Class II and III medical devices
● Computer Aided Design programs:
o Unigraphics (NX 8.5)
● Microsoft Office
● Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
● Statistical analysis
● Human factors engineering
● Design for manufacturing
● Critical problem-solving ability
Star Potential Co-op: Received the highest co-op rating each semester at Zimmer Biomet Freshman and Defensive Player of the Year: The University of Akron Club Lacrosse Team (2015) Team Captain of High School and College Lacrosse Teams