***** ******* ***** ********** *****, MI 48334
AUTOMOTIVE SALES AND MARKETING PROFESSIONAL with 20+ years of growing businesses and building results- oriented teams that perform in fast paced and demanding environments for OEMs, suppliers, aftermarket and remanufacturing sectors. Adept in identifying business opportunities and developing the business strategies with roadmaps for implementation that align with corporate initiatives and goals. Core Competencies
Leadership/Mentorship Marketing/Sales Competitive Analysis New Product Launch Go-to-Market Strategy Business Identification Relationship Building Sales Forecasting Market Analysis Strategic Planning Customer Management Coaching/Team Building Product Branding Communications Budget /P&L Strategic Pricing/RFQs Negotiations Presentations Events Account Mgt
NANSHAN ADVANCED ALUMINUM TECHNOLOGIES 2019
Automotive Segment Leader
Division of Nanshan, a $14B global company with 43K employees. Nanshan America is an integrated aluminum casting and extrusion facility in with a 600,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Lafayette IN. My Key focus: Grow new automotive business beyond Tesla.
• Established detailed Automotive growth strategy.
• Finalizing new auto structure for sales, operations, pricing and technical support.
• Awarded $47M, 5-year E Motor contract with Bosch.
• New automotive customers quoted – (only previous automotive customer was Tesla) Daimler 1.3M Units ($1.4M), Ford I 3.6M Units ($3M), Ford II 16M Units ($417M, Volvo 500Units, Honda 1.5M Units ($1M), Jeep 11M Units, Dana 665K Units ($500K), UACJ Rail 150K Units ($1.9M), Tesla II 15K units/wk. ($7.2M)
DENSO PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AMERICAS 2014 – 2018
Director and Senior Manager Commercial and Heavy-Duty Division Denso is a $48B global automotive parts supplier. As a key member of the DPAM Executive Team in Long Beach California provided strategic oversight and guidance to the Commercial and Heavy-Duty Division, including 22 DENSO internal associates and 57 contracted manufacturer representatives.
• Doubled annual sales from $41M to $81M in the first 4 years exceeding record sales levels by 11% in 2017 fiscal.
• Developed the Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy, including plans for business unit growth, marketing, employee engagement, new product development, launch, P&L management, and sales.
• Secured new customers with significant average annualized incremental contribution of $18.9M; new relationships included Archrock, Waukesha, Rush, 20 new wholesale distributors, and 25 new “Class 8” distributors.
• Optimized margins and significantly increased field presence by leading an organizational restructure of the division, including new leadership, processes, and a new strategic sales and product business model.
• Reversed a negative sales and profit trend for HD Division. For 2017 fiscal the division contributed annualized net profit of 4% of total gross sales and exceeded all sales targets with record sales during the turnaround.
• Launched several new products. High Amp Alternator, DTNA AC Compressor, RV Dash, DPF&DOC Aftertreatment Filters, Starters, and Plugs, each of which has had tremendous traction post-launch. PowerEdge heavy-duty aftermarket lineup includes starters, alternators and aftertreatment products. The starters include 12-part numbers FRANK R. JENKINS 574-***-**** email@example.com Page 2 of 3 with 31,000 applications. The Alternators include 12-part numbers with 100% coverage. The aftertreatment lineup includes 53 diesel particulate filters with 335 applications and 23 diesel oxidation catalysts with 92 applications. MOTIV POWER SYSTEMS 2013 – 2014
Vice President of Sales
Oversaw sales operations for the company, which offers complete electric medium and heavy-duty trucks. Key offerings include Motiv electric Powertrain Control System (ePCS), allowing a commercial chassis to be equipped with an electric drive power train.
• Led the effort that increased annual revenue from zero to $4M, exceeding all internal company sales and volume forecasts in first 12 months.
• Secured a relationship and strategic partnership with a Class 8 refuse manufacturer, as well as with a major school bus manufacturer and shuttle manufacturer.
• Guided the end-to-end redesign of company marketing collateral, creating more effective, efficient, and engaging company literature.
• Devised and launched a detailed Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy that defined market segments, pricing, customer behavior, and worldwide implementation plan.
ELECTRIC VEHICLES INTERNATIONAL 2011 – 2013
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Recruited to be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team for Electric Vehicles International, the manufacturer of medium-duty alternative energy vehicles, specializing in Battery Electric (BEV) and Range Extended Electric (REEV) vehicles. Provided senior-level leadership while reporting directly to the President and CEO.
• Drove sales from $2M to $22M within two years by developing the marketing strategy, budget, and sales operating plan, along with product development roadmaps.
• Sold 140+ Electric and Hybrid Medium-Duty Trucks to major enterprise relationships, including UPS, Frito Lay, and PG&E.
• Established and executed sales and marketing strategy to support current and future growth.
• Secured approval from state of California for a $11M DURA capital investment to support vehicle sales, as well as funding support of special product development, manufacturing, and various R&D initiatives.
• Increased the company’s overall digital footprint by establishing clear branding guidelines and rolling out a communications strategy focused on media exposure. ELECTRIC MOTORS CORPORATION 2009 – 2011
Senior decision-maker with complete ownership for the company’s strategy, vision, operating, and sales plans. Electric Motor Corporation developed and manufactured Plug-In Electric Hybrid (PHEV) power drive systems for EMC brand, as well as other manufacturers of light-duty trucks.
• Built the company’s operating structure, including implementing all manufacturing, product development, and product launch strategies.
• Established and drove a viable sales service strategy, providing the company with the opportunity to generate additional revenue while solidifying relationships.
• Played a key role in bringing General Motors to the table to negotiate the purchase of the Hummer division by EMC; positioned company to achieve corporate revenue and profitability goals.
• Recruited a CFO that provided the financial processes that gained access to $50M in municipal funds.
• Sourced, established, and grew partnerships with key engineering and assembly organizations, as well as with Tier I suppliers enabling prototype development and product assembly. FRANK R. JENKINS 574-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Page 3 of 3 GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION 1981 – 2009
Executive Manager Commercial Sales, Promotions, Incentives, and Partnerships Drove fleet and commercial B2B sales and marketing programs as a major revenue method for General Motors. Managed a $300M budget and established a division comprised of 325 commercial dealers and wholesale staff of 40. The Commercial Division was designed to support rapid growth in market share leveraging dealer programs, sales incentives, promotions, marketing events, targeted distribution system, prospecting support, product development, and strong brand development.
• Established the majority of GM’s fleet and commercial B2B marketing and sales programs, which are still the primary Go-to-Market (GTM) tools in use today.
• Improved fleet market share 15% by utilizing fleet-oriented sales, marketing, and promotional initiatives to brand divisions, programs, and products across the digital media landscape.
• Drove 100,000-unit sales during each year of an alliance negotiated with nationally recognized organizations such as Best Buy, Lowe’s, and Chase.
• Achieved a 20% event sales response by designing and implementing the “Hard Day’s Work Tour”, resulting in significant positive product exposure and the EX Award from Event Marketing Magazine.
• Increased “Business Choice” sales from 56,000 to 250,000+ units; led a cross-functional team to create the program from the ground up as a non-cash customer incentive program.
• Delivered a $24M cost reduction while also doubling sales and delivering $2.5B in annual variable net profit. EARLIER CAREER SUCCESS
General Motors Corporation Chevrolet Division
VOMS Project Manager - NAO - Warren, MI (1997/1999) Operations Mgr.-Commercial/Specialty Vehicles (1994/95) Key Account Executive – NAO (1996/1997) Marketing Manager (1991/1994) Truck Marketing Manager- NAO (1995/1996) National Account Executive (1988/1991) Area Sales Manager (1987/1988)
District Manager - Boston. MA (1981/1987)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration, Michigan State University NCAA Collegiate Athlete, Varsity Football
Board Member – Stem News Chronicle (2018 – Present) STEM focuses on education and under-represented minorities and women. AWARD/RECOGNITION
• Three GM Chairman's Awards: (1) Establishment and execution of a Saturn Fleet Initiative.
(2) Development of a new efficient Distribution System that combined 6 separate divisional distribution Programs into one. (3) Development and execution of Fleet portion of “Keep America Rolling” – post 9/11 initiative
• Recipient of the EX Award from “Event Marketing Magazine” for the best B to B mobile marketing program nationally for “Hard Day’s Work Tour”.
• Three Marketing Awards for PowerEdge alternator Launch Campaign
• HDT magazine Top 20 best new products
• Bronze ADDY Award - for the collateral and videos
• Bronze Telly - honoring finest video productions.