MICHELLE MACLEAN, BSc. Psychology
*** ******* ****, *********, ** B3T 1N9
TOP-PERFORMING CLIENT SERVICE MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL Provide Exemplary Products & Services in Financial Institutional Custody & Insurance Sector Management professional, deeply experienced in financial industry experience with emphasis on client service, relationship building, and collaborating with management, senior leaders, and employees. Thrive in diverse, fast-paced, and dynamic team environments, highly adept at parallel tasking. Focused on developing and delivering client-driven solutions. Critical thinker, using extensive analytical, presentation, writing, and message management skills to effectively communicate sensitive and timely information. Excellent people manager who leads by example, influencing and building high-performance teams.
Customer Service People Leadership Account Management MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows 2000 / XP PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MUFG Investor Services
Manager Operations, Management of Global Wire Process in Third Party Hedge Fund Administration 2019- present Leader engaged in third party hedge party administration understanding key client deliverables and tailoring solutions to meet client needs. Develop and provide mentorship to team members to grow in their careers.
•Support team of eleven engaged in completion of global transaction utilizing twenty different banking platforms
•Conduct daily review of client transactions to ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements. Capgemini, Dartmouth NS
Operations Manager, Client Services, Enterprise Billing, Living Benefits, Core Life 2015 – 2019 Leader who is a strong change agent and uses coaching and mentoring to transform teams into high performers, positively impacting organizational culture and effectiveness, and associate development resulting in meeting and exceeding corporate objectives. Demonstrated abilities in delivering industry-leading service standards and measurable performance improvements in fast-paced environments.
• Support development of team of 55 in the transition/transformation of back office operations of large insurance provider
• Ensure service delivery teams are meeting service level standards and quality targets pre-defined through client consultation.
• Conduct regular calibration sessions with the client to ensure effective process alignment and governance model
• Develop framework of management controls in consultation with the client and demonstrate execution effectively.
• Conduct regular coaching sessions with staff to develop and foster culture of performance excellence
• Liaise with HR partner on regular and sensitive staffing requirements RBCITS (RBC Investor & Treasury Services), Halifax NS Client Manager, Client Services, RBC Investor & Treasury Services 2007 – 2014 Client manager and primary custody-specialist contact for high-profile corporate and governmental clients in Atlantic region. Senior representative supporting financial statements, cash management, and client service delivery.
• Supported development and maintenance of high-performance culture for region, contributing on delivery of highest client satisfaction scores in Canada.
• Assisted with sales process, increasing retention and new business by identifying opportunities for cross-selling products and services to clients, satisfying customer expectations.
• Led and maintained service-review program, achieving highest standards in country with results of 4.5 out of 5 for all clients, including top-tier clients.
• Conducted process-review projects with clients, in collaboration with specialists, analysing business activities related to custody and investments, ensuring development of client-driven solutions for meeting financial needs.
• Assisted in review and analysis for profitability of clients, recommending and implementing measures or closing gaps. Ensured fiscal win / win for clients and RBCITS.
• Coordinated and consulted with Compliance and Risk Teams, reviewing and producing contracts, guaranteeing operational adherence with Trust / Custody agreements. Manager, Client Services, RBC Dexia Investor Services 2003 – 2007 Managed team of 3 client service managers. Client manager and primary custody-specialist contact for high-profile corporate and governmental clients. Senior representative supporting financial statements, cash management, and client service delivery. Established relationships with key contacts in client offices and centres of influence (consultants, investment managers, and auditors).
• Supervised and coached client service managers, providing superior level of customer service, evidenced by highest service review scores in Canada.
• Acted as point-of-escalation for client issues, consulting and guiding team on management of clients, ensuring high-level of customer care.
• Completed performance evaluations, supporting individual development and providing team motivation, creating effective client service managers.
• Assisted with general operational functions in region, including financial statement production and cash flow, ensuring information was delivered on timely and accurate basis, meeting client-specific service level standards. Client Service Manager, RBC Global Services / Global Securities Services 1993 – 2003 Client Service Manager and primary custody-specialist contact for high-profile corporate and governmental clients. Led integration of Montreal Trust clients in 1997 and assisted in retaining market share, including market share transferred from Montreal Trust.
• Serviced clients throughout Atlantic region, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements.
• Liaised with Investment Managers, Auditors, Actuaries, and Consultants, providing accurate and timely information for setting up or revising accounts, delivering on customer needs.
• Reviewed and implemented new Trust and Custodial Agreements, in consultation with Legal and clients, ensuring adherence with policies and standards.
• Moved laterally to Montreal Trust in 1996 (acquired by RBC / Royal Trust in 1997). Additional Positions
• Investment Administrator, Royal Trust Investment Counsel
• Estate and Trust / SDRSP Administrator
• Client Service Representative
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
TD BANK, Spryfield, Halifax, NS
Client Service / Head Teller
MCDONALD’S RESTAURANT, Halifax, NS
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS Pensions, Specialist, Trust Companies Institute of Canada, Halifax, NS Canadian Securities Institute, Halifax, NS
Internal RBC courses, including: Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Legislation, Securities Lending, Investment Funds, Master Trust, Financial Reporting, FATCA, IFRS COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
St. John Vianney Church Choir and Wedding Soloist
Volunteer, Crossroads Academy, Tantallon Elementary School, St. Margaret’s Bay Elementary School