• Result-driven Information Technology professional with 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst Scrum Master in the Insurance and Banking industries. worked with LTI (L&T InfoTech) from June 2013 – to June 2018.
• Experience working within Waterfall Methodology and Agile Methodologies like Scrum, Agile-Waterfall-Scrum (Hybrid).
• Thorough understanding and extensive experience in SDLC governance and the related documentation
• Experience in networking with individuals at various levels and facilitating elicitation sessions for Surveys, Interviews, Interface Analysis including Focus Groups and Brainstorming. Successfully gathered SMART pre-requisites from various stakeholders and users and converted the needs of business users and stakeholders into Functional Requirements Specifications
• Experience in conducting As-Is and To-Be Analysis and possess strong knowledge in carrying out processes for Risk Analysis, SWOT analysis, Change Management and perform Feasibility Study
• Assisted Project Managers in preparing Project Plans, Project Schedules, establishing Milestones, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Project Charters and Conflict Management with Team Members
• Facilitating Ceremonies such as Daily Scrum, Scrum Retrospective, Sprint Planning etc.
• Proficient in creating Request for Proposal (RFP), Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Proficient in creating UML diagrams like Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, use case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in addition to creating Mockups and Wireframes using tools such as MS Visio, Mockup Screens to communicate requirements to Development and UI teams
• Maintained Sprint Burn-down chart, Product Release Chart, White Board in JIRA to keep track of the team’s progress and the team’s velocity for better estimation of the sprint’s deliverables. Proficient in writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and handling Requirement Churn. Assisted Product Owner in slicing Features/Epics into User Stories by performing Horizontal and Vertical slicing
• Extensively used SQL queries to extract data from different data sources and to perform DDL (Data defining language) operations to create, read, update and delete (CRUD) the data in the database for data manipulation and data analysis
• Experience in System Testing, Manual Regression Testing and Pre-Alpha and Beta Testing. Proficient in developing and writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategies and Test Scripts
• Worked with tools like HPQC, PPM, TFS, Sharepoint for identifying, analyzing and documenting defects
Education and Professional Certification
Pursuing MS- Information Technology (May 2019- Dec 2020) From University of Cumberland’s PGDM- Insurance Business Management (2011-2013) from Birla Institute of Management Technology
(BIMTECH), Greater Noida.
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic and Communication) from Peoples College of research and Technology, (RGPV)
FLMI (level 1) LOMA301 Life Office Management Association –LOMA Associate III: AIII Insurance Institute of India (III) (P&C) ACE Acord Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development Six Sigma (Green Belt) KPMG
IIBA Business Analyst Professional Program (23 PDU/contact hours) Agile certified Internal company certified
Operating Systems Windows XP / Vista / 7 / Windows 10/ iOS Methodologies Waterfall, Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid Modelling Tools MS Visio, Mockup Screens
Business Skills Process modeling, Change Management, GAP Analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Project Scheduling
Project Management Tools JIRA, MS SharePoint Server, HP ALM Testing Tools HP QC
Database / ETL SQL server
Scrum Tools JIRA, TFS
Insurity Software Company, Hartford, CT Jan ‘17- June18 Sr. Business Systems Analyst
The client is a leading software product company that provides complete software solutions to the insurance
Sector, in USA. This project involves production and enhancement activities of the highly customized policy Decision
Application with a focus to provide rich user experience. The PD application offers a complete end-to- end policy lifecycle and is used by several insurance companies, insurance brokers, and insurance agencies across USA.
• Analyze and Document the requirements and changes in the form of user stories and epics, Impact Analysis (Benefit, Impact, Schedule, and Urgency).
• Conducted Document Analysis and one-to-one interviews with the stakeholders and area experts to record requirements and act as a liaison between the business and technical team members
• Used SharePoint to manage schedules, deadlines, and resources and collaborate on the project and JIRA for requirements management, allotting tasks, issue tracking and for requirement traceability
• Prepared and analyzed As-Is and To-Be in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis. Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level
• Risk Analysis and Management, Interface Analysis, and approval of requirements.
• Involved in system enhancement requirement gathering sessions, created enhancement, Process Modelling, Scope Modelling documents.
• Provide detailed requirement walkthrough to the development team and assist in requirement prioritization.
• Collaborate with developers and testers to iteratively, incrementally discover, develop, and deliver valuable, working software each sprint during application integrations.
• Work as utility Analyst for different utilities such as underwriting, Change Narratives, Surcharges.
• Preparation of LOB-Rater through discussions with key stakeholders, Technical Teams, SMEs and Associate Team for calculation purpose. And for building the repository.
• Performed various SQL queries to obtain data from multiple databases for QA testing
• Created documents like the Business Glossary, Actors Catalog, Data Modeling and Data Dictionary to facilitate the other teams in understanding client business
• Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers, and suggested enhancements to the existing application from business perspectives Travelers Insurance Company, La Grange, NC Feb ’16 – Dec ’16 Business Analyst
Project Description: Claim Status/ Claim portal is a business insurance application for Travelers Which modernize real time access to an electronic claim file by delivering improved presentation, navigation & integration. This is a mobile friendly & browser agnostic app Job Responsibilities:
• Elicit requirements through discussions with key stakeholders (Business Sponsors, Technical Teams, SMEs and Associate Teams)
• Involved in change requirement discussions with client, Analyze and Document the changes requested in the existing functionalities by the client
• Compiled the information in the form of Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Visual Diagrams like UML Diagrams, ER Diagrams using MS Visio for developers to comprehend and follow
• Prepared GAP analysis and Risk analysis to understand the new business model and process improvement inclusions, with focus on the compliance and Regulations and information security
• Assisted the team in appropriately slicing and writing User Stories and the Acceptance Criteria to represent unambiguous conditions of satisfaction covering different criterion like Functional Criteria, Non-Functional Criteria and Performance Criteria stating the intent of the story
• Conduct Demos and User Acceptance Testing sessions for developed functional product features
• Resolve queries of client and end users during demos and presentations for modified processes with their documentation.
• Assisted with all aspects of verification including preparation of Test Cases, Test Plans and assisted the team in executing Functional Testing, Black box Testing, Regression Testing and System Testing
• Worked with the team to prepare the user manual and guide to using the automation system
• Developed the User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan and led the UAT efforts, identified user representative and worked with the development team to resolve defects/bugs identified during UAT
Nordea Bank, Helsinki Oct ’13 –Jan’16
Business Systems Analyst
The services include life assurance, pension insurance and investment insurance Services. The company is based in Helsinki, Finland. Support and Development of Pension & Risk Product, while migrating from Mainframe system to Java system. Life Insurance System is a policy administration system used for Policy servicing, claims management, Fund Management and allocation for Life and Pension business.
• Requirements gathering for new business requirements, writing BRD, FRD, Business process modeling and Use cases
• Elicit requirements through discussions with key stakeholders (Business Sponsors, Technical Teams, SMEs and Associate Teams) Defining project scope and deliverables.
• Understood state of art processes by interacting with stakeholders and document analysis. Performed GAP analysis to assist Project Manager in planning the transition
• Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and assisted preparation of System Requirement Specification (SRS). These documents were Analyzed, modified and validated. Created Use Cases and built Use Case Diagram and Activity Diagram using MS Visio
• Support: Development and testing team in functional perspective, query resolution from client
• Design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Defect analysis and solutioning
• Assess the current state, perform gap analysis and prepare Functional Specification Document in accordance, by including the modifications / additions to the processes and forms
• Conduct Business requirements verification and validation sessions with client for confirmation and sign off on the requirements
• Provide detailed requirement walkthrough to the development team and assist in requirement prioritization
Awards & Achievements
• Published Paper on "Risk product Stabilization" from project perspective.
• A Project Abstract on “Maternity Insurance” and “Recession Insurance” got selected in Department of Actuaries, University of Hong Kong.
• Certificate of Recognition 2015- Appreciated by client for Outstanding Support and application Knowledge