**** ** **** ****** *****-Florida, USA firstname.lastname@example.org Ph# +1-305-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/mauriciogarcia-1 MBA and Industrial Engineer, fluent in three languages (Spanish, English and French), with 20 years of international work experience in the E2E Supply Chain. Experience as Managing Director and Executive Committee member. Led teams with 10+ direct reports and 200+ indirect reports in many countries simultaneously. Ability to work in multi-country/multi-task environments, robust business acumen and management skills. Strong focus on results. In the last years, led Business Strategy and Transformation projects (e.g. redesign of global/regional structures and processes; search, selection and development of new manufacturing and distribution partners). Looking for an executive regional/global position in a multinational company to lead functions such as Supply Chain, Procurement, Operations, Corporate Strategy or Business Development. P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
SENIOR DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN & CUSTOMER SERVICE - INTERNATIONAL Miami-USA, 2017 - Present END-TO -END SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, FROM DEMAND PLANNING TO FINAL DELIVERY TO CUSTOMERS. NEW SOURCING STRATEGY. PROCESS OWNER FOR S&OP, INNOVATION, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT AND CAPEX.
- Successfully managed complex production/distribution network in US. Optimized US sourcing network resulting in USD 12m/year in savings.
- Redesigned organizational structure and processes to support growth plans. Improved Order-to-Cash cycle by reducing 41% lead time for Export.
- Successfully managed Transitional Service Agreement for production with ABInbev. Developed new production and distribution international partners with cost savings (44% reduction), improved service (83% lead time reduction) and optimized capex without any disruption in supply.
- Designed, assessed and implemented S&OP and Portfolio Optimization as key enablers to support double digit growth in the last 2 years.
- New capabilities and performance KPIs improved: On Time In Full service KPIs consistently improved by 10p.p. in the first 5 months in the role. Forecast Accuracy improved by 40p.p. in the last 2 years.
- Annual International logistics costs improved: $600K Freight savings, > $1million reverse logistics, 50% reduction in Freight Forwarding Fees. SABMiller
SUPPLY CHAIN EXCELLENCE SENIOR DIRECTOR - LATIN AMERICA Miami-USA, 2012 - 2016 ACHIEVING/MAINTAINING THE END-TO -END SUPPLY CHAIN PROCESSES IN LATIN AMERICA TO/AT WORLD-CLASS LEVELS IN A SUSTAINABLE MANNER VIA IMPROVEMENTS ON THE SUPPLY CHAIN RELIABILITY INDEXES AND THE FINANCIAL RESULTS.
- Designed and implemented Inventory initiative delivering a reduction of 6 days / USD 22m and 12 days/USD 50m in years 2014 and 2015.Consistently improved the KPIs for Latam (e.g. Forecast accuracy, production reliability, On Time In Full) reaching best-in-class levels.
- Led definition of the Global S&OP model and Global Supply Chain KPIs, and led roll-out in the Latin American region. Model implemented being recognized as world-class by Deloitte, Oliver Wight and Boston Consulting Group.
- Obtained 2015 SABMiller Highest Performing Market award (based on global planning KPIs), with 3 Latam countries in the 3 top positions.
- Designed, developed and led new Assessment Team impacting financial and operational results via implementation of best-practices.
- Developed Communities of Practice at regional and global level, as enablers of best-practices sharing and collaboration across countries.
- Designed the new global Demand Planning and Supply Planning Blueprints reaching global harmonization in processes/structures/systems.
- Led assessment and selection of new IT/ERP supplier for Supply Chain Planning tools at global level.
- Designed, led and implemented Above Market (planning operational activities run at the Hub for the c ountries) for the first time in SABMiller.
- Streamlined and optimized the export/import process for Global brands. SABMiller
SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – LATIN AMERICA Bogota, 2010 - 2012 STRATEGY REDESIGN OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN FUNCTION: CAPABILITIES, PROCESSES ROLES AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE.
- Led team for building up Business Case around the regional initiative for centralizing the function. Designed ways of working for the project.
- Designed and presented new regional strategy for Supply Chain area and reached approval of all Supply Chain VPs from all subsidiaries.
- Led relationship with external consultant (Oliver Wight) implementing its maturity assessment methodology across the region.
- Led Accentures’ Supply Chain Academy usage as key tool for building capabilities across the region.
- Participated directly on the implementation/revamp of S&OP in all countries of Latin America, including the redefinition and harmonize of KPIs.
- Harmonized procedures and tools for Capacity and Container Planning across the region (Capex of USD 110m and USD 120m correspondingly). SABMiller
PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR FOR BREWING & LOGISTICS – LATIN AMERICA Bogota-COLOMBIA, 2010 – (6 months) NEGOTIATION AND D IRECT MANAGEMENT OF SUPPLIERS FOR BARLEY, MALT, ADJUNCTS, HOPS AMONG OTHER MATERIALS. FREIGHT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT. LATIN AMERICA TREASURY COMMITTEE MEMBER.
- Led off-balance sheet project for barley in Colombia with benefits of NPV >USD 10m and EVA > USD 20m. Rolled-out to other countries/materials.
- Led design of supply strategy and balancing of needs for six countries.
- Introduced new software for optimal bulk freight management.
- Led transition of Brewing Materials, as first category and first region in SABMiller, into the new global procurement organization in Switzerland. SABMiller
PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR FOR LABELS & CROWNS - GLOBAL London-UK, 2008 - 2010 GLOBAL NEGOTIATOR INCLUDING ALL THEIR RELATED UPSTREAM MATERIALS AND CONVERTORS. SOURCING STRATEGY.
- Designed global strategy and 5 year plan for both categories with annual budget > USD 320m.
- Managed global project to optimize specifications of crowns with projected savings > USD 10m/year.
- Led annual Paper Negotiation, with global scope for the first time in the company delivering direct savings > USD 600K/year
- As unique representative from Latin America, developed project to centralize the procurement function globally (1billion cum. savings by 2015). JohnsonDiversey
VALUE CHAIN DIRECTOR AND PROJECT LEADER San Juan - PUERTO RICO, 2006 - 2008 CARIBBEAN ADDED TO E2E SUPPLY CHAIN SCOPE. MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR PUERTO RICO. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Developed assessment and led transformation program for the new cluster (Andean and Caribbean) including Marketing, Sales, HR, Supply Chain and Finance areas. New source, delivery and sales service strategy developed.
- As Managing Director for Puerto Rico, redesigned all functions ensuring business continuity while implementing transformation project.
- Assured closure of Florida’s subsidiary while migrating customer service and sales areas to Puerto Rico, meaning USD 1.5m/year in savings.
- Directed write-off of Marine Business inventory around the world and corresponding disposal.
- Led closure of Jamaican factory and developed new sourcing strategy for the Caribbean region
- Developed new local manufacturing 3rd parties in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.
- Won regional award JohnsonDiversey President, S. Curtis Johnson Award – Innovation (2007) SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – COLOMBIA (2004-2005), ANDEAN (2005-2006) Bogota-COLOMBIA, 2004 – 2006 DEMAND P LANNING, P RODUCTION P LANNING, PURCHASING, MANUFACTURING, INVENTORY MANAGEMENT, WAREHOUSING, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS, 3PL MANAGEMENT, DELIVERIES, CUSTOMER SERVICE. ANDEAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
- As member of the executive committee, took decisions across all areas including HR, R&D, Marketing, Sales and Finances (P&L sign-off).
- Fully rebuilt Supply Chain area, redesigning all functions, roles and key performance indicators. Harmonized team and procedures across countries.
- During the first 4 months in job position, completely changed all urban distribution scheme and suppliers reaching 2 points margin increase while improving service level (On-Time In-Full) and reliability.
- Inventory target of 11.9% of Net Sales met, Forecast Accuracy improved from 17% to 78% and Customer Satisfaction from 40% to 85% (2006).
- Implemented S&OP for the first time in the company. Filmtex S.A. – SANFORD group Bogota-COLOMBIA, 2001 - 2003 MANAGER OF OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS
DEMAND P LANNING, P RODUCTION P LANNING, P URCHASING, INVENTORY MANAGEMENT, WAREHOUSING, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS, DELIVERIES, CUSTOMER SERVICE. KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER.
- Fully redesigned the Supply Chain area and all its functions and roles with key performance indicators for the first time in the company.
- Initiated the Demand Planning Process and S&OP for the first time.
- Centralized Planning, Purchasing and Customer Service processes for 3 factories/cities with initial savings of USD 28K/year.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction from 65% (2001) to 90% (2003). Also Inventory Accuracy from 75% (2001) to 99.8% (2003).
- Led the ISO 9001:2000 and Six Sigma certifications.
- As Sales Representative, increased sales on Key Account by 200%, up to USD 2.5m/year. Unilever Bogota-COLOMBIA, 2001
DEMAND PLANNER FOR PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
- Implemented Demand Planning and formal S&OP process for the first time in the company. Sales Forecast Error reduced from 45% to 15%.
- Led successful migration in Shampoo category from Sunsilk to Sedal brands: sound inventory levels, write-offs minimized and successful launch. Unilever (1 year Internship) Bogota-COLOMBIA, / 2000
- Conducted thorough analysis of present technology in the preparation of fats. Proposed solution delivered USD 100K/year.
- Obtained sponsorship to present “Fats Preparation Study” as graduate essay-thesis at University, receiving highest grade possible: 5.0 / 5.0. E D U C A T I O N
INCAE BUSINESS SCHOOL THUNDERBIRD SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT & TEC MONTERREY San Jose/Alajuela - Costa Rica, Oct./2011 – Feb/ 2012 Phoenix, AZ-USA, August 12 /2005 – May 4 /2007 SENIOR LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM GLOBAL MBA FOR LATIN AMERICAN MANAGERS Nominated by president of SABMiller Latam. Won partial scholarship and experienced Interim in China UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES HELVETIA – SWISS SCHOOL
Bogota-COLOMBIA, August / 1995 – Sept. / 2000 Bogota-COLOMBIA, 1981 – 1994 INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING BACCALAUREAT
Major: Business Administration and Finances First in class during 8 years in a row. ICFES, Colombian State test grade: 376 / 400 Graduate essay-thesis with highest grade possible: 5.0 / 5.0 XII Colombian Olympics for Mathematics, Superior Level: Finalist (1993) Baccalauréat De L'Enseignement Du Second Degré, French Government (1994) L A N G U A G E S : Spanish (native), English (fluent) and French (fluent)