Phone No: +852-********
Email : email@example.com
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
MSc (Power Engineering) – THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG 2016 - 2019 BEng (Electrical Engineering) – THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG 2012 - 2015 Graduated with First Class Honors.
Awards and Prizes: HKSAR Govt. Scholarship Fund for Outstanding International Students - $100,000/year (2012-15) MTR Scholarship for Electrical Engineers (2014)
Talent Development Scholarship by HKSAR Govt. (2014) Hong Kong Electric Company Electrical Energy Scholarship (2015) Bronze Medal in International Physics Olympiad 2011. Outstanding Cambridge Learners’ Award for top in Islamabad in Chemistry. WORK EXPERIENCE
Mathematic and Physics Tutor – All Round Education Academy. Nov 2018 – Present
An enthusiastic and ambitious teacher with high aspirations. Experienced in teaching a wide range of curriculums (specifically IB, A Levels and IGCSE) to students from diverse backgrounds. Confident in my ability to deliver curriculum outcomes by planning outstanding lessons that engage students.
• Delivering effective tutorial lessons to IB, A Level, IGCSE and HSC students from International Schools in Hong Kong.
• Helping students develop problem solving ability through solving past-exam papers. Conducting thorough past-exam paper based revision courses during exam times as well as over the course of the year.
• Keeping track of the progress and preparing monthly reports for each student. Occasionally meeting with parents to keep them well informed of the student’s progress.
• Preparing mock exams for students to assess their level and improvement throughout the year.
• Adept at class-room management, pupil motivation and interest development.
• Preparing course plans and subject notes based on individual needs.
• Scored straight A*s in my CIE A-Levels.
Graduate Engineer – Ove Arup & Partners, Hong Kong. Aug 2015 – Oct 2018 Worked as an electrical engineer in MEP infrastructure and industrial group. Designed blue chip industrial, data center, infrastructure and commercial buildings in Hong Kong and East Asia region.
• Have been responsible for preparing electrical design drawings including electrical schematic, cable containment layout, small power layout, lighting layout, earthing layout, underground cable duct routing and HV/LV cable draw pit details.
• Performed calculations including electrical loading, cable sizing, active harmonic filter (AHF) sizing, capacitor bank (PFC) sizing, fault level calculations, voltage drop calculations, relay settings calculations, lightning risk assessment and other relevant design calculations.
• Performed simulations for electrical design using different simulation software.
• Planned and lead design interface meetings with clients and contractors. Conducted internal design optimization meetings and video conferencing with other disciplines in multi-disciplinary projects.
• Prepared design reports for electrical operation. Drafted technical notes and specifications.
• Completed HKIE Scheme A training.
Projects: Organic Waste Treatment Facility (OWTF) Phase I, TI Tower in Kai Tak, NTT Communications Financial Data Center, Tung Chung West (TCW) New Town Extension, Orange Line MRT Bangkok. Site Engineer – ATAL Engineering Ltd. Oct 2016 – Dec 2016 2 months secondment with ATAL as part of HKIE Scheme A Training. Worked on site in Building Services team for the construction of commercial building Swire Phase 2A in Hong Kong.
• Preparing method statement for electrical installation works.
• Supervision of installation works on site and testing and commissioning of electrical equipment to ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
• 3 phase to ground fault and earth fault level calculations at different locations of the building for determining the protection relay settings.
• producing mark-ups for the cable conduit installations in columns and slabs. Summer Internship – MTR Corporation Summer 2014
Worked in three different teams in E&M Engineering Department of Projects Division, MTR Corporation, Hong Kong.
• Power Supply and Overhead Wiring (OHW): Performed simulations using RailPlan and PowerPlan for the design of 25kV AC Power Supply System of North West Rail Link, Sydney.
• Rolling Stock and Signaling: Analyzed the Train Energy Consumption of the West Rail Line. Researcher – The University of Hong Kong Jan 2014 – May 2014 Analyzed the microstrip transmission line in the design of Microwave Components.
• Researched on the microstrip ring resonator for the design of bandpass filters providing enhanced performance.
• Verified and implemented the design and the proposed structure in a full wave electromagnetic simulator (ADS). LANGUAGES AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Fluent in English, Urdu and Hindi; Business Proficient in Turkish; Basic Chinese (Mandarin). Programming & Software: MS Office, AutoCAD, DiaLux, Amtech, DigSilent, Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, C++, VBA, Java, MATLAB,, RailPlan, PowerPlan, Virtual Instrumentation (LabView), Microcontroller programming. Interests: Travelling, Hiking, Football, Cricket, Movies, Table Tennis.