616-***-**** Grand Rapids, Michigan firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/msingh8/ Dedicated Operations and Project Manager providing world-class support Innovative and driven result oriented individual possessing nearly 10 years of leadership experience with a proven track record of managing and optimizing industrial projects by employing effective management solutions. Professional Experience
Operations & Project Manager - Khalsa Metal Products Inc., Grand Rapids, MI 06/2015 – Present Plan and manage day to day manufacturing operations alongside senior engineers and machinists to effectively produce components based on customer requirements.
- Negotiated acquisitions of consolidated production assets from various conglomerates increasing in house manufacturing capabilities by 65% and deducted acquisition costs by 80%. Conglomerates consisted of General Motors, Rolls Royce, Ford Motor Co. and various other corporations.
- Saved nearly $340,000 by coordinating purchase and organized move for company’s new state of the art 15,000 SQ FT manufacturing plant.
- Expanded operations by successfully achieving defense compliance standard ITAR Registration status.
- Successfully resolved multiple internal and external legal issues, in company favor by partnering with several leading law firms.
- Registered company for Minority Business Enterprise status.
- Recruited, hired, and trained strong labor force to meet demanding production needs. Sales Engineer Product Development - Khalsa Metal Products Inc., Grand Rapids, MI 10/2014 – Present Travel across the United States to work with clients in early development and troubleshooting stages to resolve supply chain issues. Visits consist of project discussions and technical plant process reviews to identify manufacturing opportunities. Achievements
- Closed $250,000 one year defense contract with Northrop Grumman with continual 10 year contract in review.
- Secured over $1,000,000 in sales by partnering with various other cold forming companies, distributors, and secondary operation manufacturers representing 40% of company’s total business.
- Assist in reverse engineering component redesign modifications resulting in higher company ROI while creating flawless process transition.
- Organize and compose all customer project proposals and quotes by defining production terms and conditions.
- Contribute to sales growth by developing strong customer relationships by resolving customer manufacturing complaints. Quality Manager - Khalsa Metal Products Inc., Grand Rapids, MI 08/2012 –10/2014 Carried out and monitored daily quality control inspection measures to ensure production met customer approved specifications. All projects consist of continuous improvement methods focused on industrial compliance and customer satisfaction. Achievements
- Successfully put in place quality management system to register company for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard under ANAB approved audit.
- Supported initial customer Production Part Approval Processes reports along with Advance Product Quality Planning.
- Reduced 30% of nonconforming product by tracking quantitative data through statistical process control to forecast and predict production concerns.
- Advised and assisted the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for First Article Acceptance Tests.
- Investigated root-cause analysis to troubleshoot customer production issues and composed supplier corrective action requests.
- Aided in modifying standard operating procedures to put in place preventative measures for safety and quality measures.
- Successfully carried out quarterly internal quality audits and passed external customer yearly audit reviews. Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice - Khalsa Metal Products Inc., Grand Rapids, MI 04/2011 – 08/2012 Apprenticeship focused on mechanical theory, machine operations, and production allowing hands on experience troubleshooting, repairing, tooling, and setup. All engineering specifications are based on ANSI Standards, AAIAG, MIL STD 1916, along with other industrial compliance specifications. Achievements
- Gained production engineering experience on Lathes, Mills, Grinders, Automatic Screw Machines, CNC machines, and Rotary Transfer Machines.
- Experienced machining various metals such as carbon steel, brass, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Learned broaching, threading, cross drilling techniques and various other detailed machine engineering processes. Education
Bachelor of Science - BS, Business Marketing – Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI 08/2007 - 05/2011
Concentration in Management, Data Analysis, & Sales. College Prep – Engineering – Kent Career Technical Center, Grand Rapids, MI 08/2002 - 06/2006
Concentration in Mechanical Engineering, Machining, and Design. Languages
- Project Management - Machine Engineering
- Team Mentoring & Training - Process Development
- Contract Negotiations - Internal/External Auditing
- Quality Control - AutoCAD
- Miller Heiman Sales Certified
- Basics of Metrology
- Basics of GD&T with Dr. Greg Hetland
- Davenport Machine Operations