Elliott Management Corp. ($40bln. Multi-Strategy Fund) September 2007 – January 2020 Assistant Controller – Fund Assurance Group January 2016 – January 2020
• Lead a team that is responsible for the Funds’ onshore, offshore and SPV audits, third-party administrator’s quarterly engagement and several internal controls reviews throughout the year.
• Headed the company’s relationship with the Fund’s and SPVs’ auditors and administrators domestically and internationally.
• Reviewed SOC 1 reports and mapped controls internally to identify gaps.
• Reviewed the NAV and Financial Reporting package of the Funds and all SPVs to ensure financial statements are presented fairly in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS or the local jurisdiction GAAP.
• Reviewed quarter-end valuation reports from the internal valuation team and external valuation providers. Products reviewed include: private equity, private debt, bank debt, fixed income, derivatives.
• Oversaw all audits, from the audit planning phase to ensuring all inquiries are addressed in a timely manner and financials are delivered to investors on time.
• Oversaw, reviewed and signed-off on the administrator’s quarterly Transparency Report.
• Planed and oversaw a number of internal controls reviews throughout the year that involves all departments across the Funds.
• Set on an internal governance committee that oversees all the SPV’s daily operations, structuring, taxation, legal and accounting matters.
• For each internal controls engagement, discussed with department heads and presented to senior management the observations and recommendations concluded from the review. Senior Assurance and Valuation Specialist November 2009 – January 2016
• Created the Assurance Team to oversee the Funds’ quarterly audits, third-party administrator’s quarterly engagement, adopt Accounting and Valuation Internal Controls and perform certain valuation verification procedures.
• Reviewed the NAV and Financial Reporting package of the Funds, prepared by the accounting team, to ensure financial statements are presented fairly in accordance with US GAAP.
• Lead the Funds’ audits, from the audit planning phase to ensuring all inquiries are addressed in a timely manner and financials are delivered to investors on time.
• Oversaw the administrator’s quarterly engagement and issuance of the Transparency Report to investors.
• Created and oversaw several internal control procedures such as: Back-testing Analysis, TB Analytics and Stale Price Analysis.
• Classified FAS levels to all investments held by the Funds in accordance with ASC 820.
• On a monthly basis, performed certain price verification procedures for the Fixed Income and OTC books; using internal models and external valuation sources.
• Reviewed internal valuation write-ups and models on all hard-to-value investments held by the Funds and liaised with external valuation providers.
• Met and presented to the Valuation Committee, which consists of the: COO, GC, CCO, CFO and Director of Operations, the Valuation Committee package. Senior Fund Accountant September 2007 – November 2009
• Created and oversaw a team to reconcile daily cash, positions, cost, PnL and MV.
• Prepared the Financial Reporting Package of the Funds for the Controller and CFO review.
• Lead the quarterly Funds’ audits to ensure all inquiries are addressed in a timely manner and the financial statements are delivered to investors on time.
Morgan Stanley – Fund Accountant June 2006 – September 2007 EDUCATION
State University of New York at Plattsburgh (AACSB Accredited) January 2003 – May 2006 Dual Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration SKILLS
Bloomberg, Geneva, Microsoft Office Applications