• firstname.lastname@example.org • +1-312-***-**** •
Electrical Engineer with a Master of Science in VLSI and microelectronics and 2 years of work experience on PCB level circuit design in the Aerospace industry, looking for full time opportunities in electrical hardware designing and verification field. Work Experience:
Electrical Engineer at Collins Aerospace, Cedar Rapids, IA June 2018 - Jan 2020
• Responsible for upgrading PCBs which involved functions like updating the circuit design using schematic CAD tools like EAGLE and TINA, updating the obsolete electrical component on the module along with testing and documentation.
• Hardware duties include component selection in DDR, NVM, design simulation in tools like Canvas, building and testing the prototypes, developing the final PCB and writing technical documents for the project. Other tasks include interconnect testing, derating analysis, memory upgrades and impedance analysis. Testing included all the aviation DO-160 tests. Test failures resulted in troubleshooting, validation and root cause analysis.
• Management duties include creating budget and schedule for the project, presenting it to the management and leading weekly sync meetings with software, drafting and mechanical departments. Technical documentation also includes failure analysis reports, ECOs, BOMs and customer documents.
Hardware Design Engineer at Vision 13, Aurora, IL Sep - Dec 2017
• Conceptualized, designed and modified 3D printers using embedded systems and hardware engineering using CAD tools like Hyperlynx and Eagle PCB.
• Contributed to drone communication system by programming Python scripts for calibrating the drone and the printer. Electrical Engineer at Smart AG LLC, Ames, IA June - Aug 2017
• Worked on the farm vehicle automation by building analog and digital hardware for monitoring and controlling the different power inputs to the vehicles. Installed and calibrated the hardware on the vehicles using mechanical tools. Tested the hardware and made test reports for further analysis.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL Aug 2016 - May 2018
• Master of Science Electrical Engineering (MSEE), GPA 3.5 Majored in VLSI and Microelectronics with a focus on CMOS circuit design, FPGA, SoC and RTL development along with dataflow modelling in Verilog and OVM. Used Cadence design tools for functional, logic and physical design and verification.
• IEEE Project Chair – Responsible for managing and designing power supply projects for under graduate students. Pune University, India Aug 2012 - May 2016
• Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electronics and Telecommunication, GPA 3.8 Majored in Embedded Systems with a focus on Hardware Development using different microcontrollers and peripherals.
• Was involved in the Electrical Engineer's Student Association and Embedded Hardware group in which we developed basic embedded projects, PLC projects and conducted seminars for the juniors and sophomore students. Research Projects:
• Research Project under Dr. Erdal Oruklu – Designed and compared different adder circuits in HSPICE and Python. The comparison criteria were with respect to the delay and power. Delay measurements were primarily made on the basis of RC and Elmore delay models and the power dissipation was calculated using the component values and activity factor of inputs.
• Designed a full MIPS RISC multi cycle pipeline processor in Verilog on ModelSim and the Cyclone V FPGA.
• Calculated FinFET transistor characteristics, delay and power using Cadence Virtuoso and HSPICE. Hobbies:
I like to play sports like volleyball, badminton, softball and ping pong. I am also into photography, hiking and travelling. My current side projects include building a website, constructing a wooden desk, and learning Spanish.