JAMES MURPHY JR.
FACILTIES MANAGER, JLL @ SCHNEIDER ELETRIC – CENTRAL REGION – LEXINGTON, KY – FAIRFIELD; OXFORD & WESTCHESTER PLANTS IN OHIO 05/18 TO 10/2018
FACILITIES MANAGER, AEROTEK @ SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC - LEXINGTON, KY
• 24/7 Management of Building Systems for 550K Sq.Ft. Manufacturing Facility in Lexington, KY includes;
o 2 – 700ton Chillers; 2 – 500 HP Boilers; 750 HP Compressed Air systems o 4 Independent Process Chillers
o 44 Air Handling Systems
o Energy Management through Lighting schedules; compressed air & power consumption savings routines.
• Responsibilities for Central Region plant management including; o Manage Cafeteria, Custodial & Landscaping contractors for 5 Facilities o Manage Technician Staff 1st & 2nd shift for 5 Facilities o Report to Central Regional Manager with budgetary goals for 5 SE Plants in Central Region that total 1.8M SqFt. Of Production space. o Responsible for KPI reporting and continuous improvement for building analytics. 01/2002 TO 05/2018
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES, VARIOUS COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS – LEXINGTON, KY
• Investigate equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and make appropriate maintenance recommendations.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Set and meet budgetary goals for over 300K SQFT of commercial office space.
• Manage preventive maintenance needs for all building systems including plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
• Manage employees and subcontractors in building operations for more than seven commercial buildings in Lexington, KY
03/1997 TO 12/2001
FACILITIES MANAGER, CARDINAL HEALTH – WINCHESTER, KY
• Analyze and verify all energy savings calculations to promote environmental sustainability and energy conservation.
• Coordinate all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
• Manage 37 employees including Purchasing and Maintenance. 03/1991 TO 02/1997
ASSEMBLY MANAGER, BELOIT MANHATTAN/PH CRANE – AIKEN, SC
• Operate 15 machining centers
• OEM Roll Assembly for paper machines
• 24/7 operations – Lean Manufacturing
• Manage 56 employees
• Manage design interpretation to OEM
• Promoted to Field Engineer for wet end of paper machine;
• Territory included all plants from Bangor, ME to Orlando, FL EDUCATION
MARCH 1981 – 82
MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALIST
29 J TACTICAL SATELLITE MICROWAVE REPAIR TECH
GRADUATED HONOR GRAD
MARCH 1983 - 84
ASSOCIATES, CTC COLLEGE (KILLEEN, TX)
Military based education through Army Enlistment
Graduated with Honors
• HVAC/MEP DESIGN
• LEAN PRINCIPLES KNOWLEDGE
• COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING
• COMPONENT FUNCTIONS AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS
• MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
• CERTIFIED WELDER
• GMP COMPLIANT
• EPA CERTIFICATION UNIVERSAL
• CENTRALIZED HEAT AND GAS BACKGROUND
• MECHANICAL COMPONENT DESIGN
• HVAC SYSTEM DESIGN
• MULTIDISPLINARY EXPOSURE
• TECHNICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
• TEAM MANAGEMENT
• MACHINING BACKGROUND
• PURCHASING AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• Honorably Discharged from Army – August 2001
• Beloit Engineering School – 1992
• Dale Carnegie Management Training – 1993
• Project Management Academy - Certification 1997
• Management Academy – Appalachian State University – 1998
• Certified Carrier 100 Ton & Below Chillers – 1998
• Certified Boiler Tech 100 HP & Below – 2000
• HVAC Journeymen - 2003
• HVAC Master License – 2004
o Continuing Education Annually 18 Hrs. – 2004 to Present
• CRL (Certified Reliability Leadership) Training - 2019