Dr. VIJAYAKUMAR R
B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc., M.Sc., M. Phil., Ph. D.
Associate Professor & Program Coordinator B.Tech. Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering & IT, Manipal Academy of Higher Education Dubai, PO.B: 345050, UAE., Contact:+971-*********. Email: email@example.com /skype id: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-vijayakumar-retnaswamy-128b9787 American Chemical Society member & Faculty Advisor EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Specialization: B. Sc. Chemistry, B. Ed. Physical Science, M. Sc. Chemistry M. Sc. Ecology & Environment, M Phil. Chemistry, Ph. D. Chemistry Education:
Degree University Year Passed
B. Sc Manonmanium Sundaranar University, India 1995 B. Ed Indian Institute of Professional Studies, India 2001 M. Sc Madurai Kamaraj University, India 1999
M. Sc Sikkim Manipal University, India 2004
M. Phil Barathidasan University, India 2006
Ph. D Bharathidasan University, India 2012
Computer Knowledge: Diploma in Computer Application. EXPERIENCE in TEACHING & RESEARCH- 21 years
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION, TEACHING & RESEARCH IN UAE: 11 YEARS ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION, TEACHING & RESEARCH IN INDIA: 10 YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IN INDIA: 01 YEARS
DETAILS OF EXPERIENCE SINCE 1999
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCES
I have been working at MANIPAL UNIVERSITY DUBAI CAMPUS SINCE 2008. MANIPAL UNIVERSITY – DUBAI CAMPUS, #345050, DUBAI INT’L ACADEMIC CITY, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
Page 2 of 9
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES HANDLED UPON THE POSITION OF ‘ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & PROGRAM COORDINATOR’ FROM APRIL 2015 TO UNTIL NOW.
Teaching Engineering Chemistry
Teaching Organic Chemistry
Teaching Physical Chemistry
Engineering Chemistry Lab
Organic Chemistry Lab
Physical Chemistry Lab
CHEMIST: Ministry of Health & Prevention, Government of UAE, Authorized Chemist for Establishing & Maintaining Chemical Labs.
Program Coordinator: B. Tech Chemical Engineering Program
Conducting school connect program and being part of marketing team
Participating open house sessions of university for admission
Leading a faculty & staff team of chemical engineering department
Conducting seminar, workshops, students’ research colloquium, project expo, preparing students to attend ACS National meeting in USA, technical competitions, workshop for school students, Industry Advisory Board Meeting.
In-charge to establish Chemical engineering program labs, established the following labs:
a) Founder: Mass Transfer Lab
b) Founder: Reaction Engineering & Process dynamics lab c) Founder: Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering Lab
Conducting Faculty-Parents meeting
Making Industry collaborations for internship and training
Faculty Advisor: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Students’ Chapter www.aiche.org . Conducting academic and non- academic activities as per the by-laws of Professional society “AIChE” American Society of Chemical Engineers.
Coordinator: Time Table committee: Preparing time table based on the workload allotted –credit wise by the university to faculty members.
Professional Advisor, American Chemical Society [ACS] Student Chapter Manipal University Dubai Campus.
Coordinator: Annual Event “Technovanza”: Inter-University /School Technical competition and Project Exhibition organized for all engineering students. www.thetechnovanza.com
COORDINATOR: ACTIVITY FUND RAISED FOR ANNUAL EVENT ‘TECHNOVANZA’ – NATIONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL COMPETITION APPROVED BY DIAC-STUDENT HUB, DUBAI
• Technovanza – 2011: Budget: AED. 35000/- Amount Surplus: AED. 32136/-
• Technovanza – 2012: Budget: AED. 75000/- Amount Surplus: AED. 1168/-
• Technovanza – 2013: Budget: AED. 45000/- Amount Surplus: AMT. Balanced
• Technovanza – 2014: Budget: AED. 53000/- Amount Surplus: AED. 2895/- Page 3 of 9
• Technovanza _ 2015: Budget: AED. 80000/- Amount surplus: AED. 1000/-
• Technovanza – 2016: Budget: AED. 85000/- Amount Surplus: AMT. Balanced
• Technovanza - 2017 : Budget : AED. 45000/-
• Technovanza - 2018 : Budget : AED. 100,000/-
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES HANDLED UPON THE POSITION OF ‘ASSISTANT PROFESSOR’ FROM APRIL 2013 TO MARCH 2015.
Teaching Engineering Chemistry to B. E / B. Tech students
Teaching Organic Chemistry to undergraduate students
Teaching Physical Chemistry to undergraduate students
Teaching Organic Chemistry Lab to undergraduate students
Teaching Physical Chemistry Lab to undergraduate students Academic Administration
Founder: B. Tech Chemical Engineering Program in Manipal University Dubai Campus on September 2014, as per the course guidelines of Knowledge & Human Development Authority [KHDA], Government of Dubai.
Academic in-charge: B.Tech First year Engineering programs
Founder: Organic Chemistry Lab
Founder: Physical Chemistry Lab
Lab in-charge: Engineering Chemistry lab, Environmental Science & Engineering Lab, Organic Chemistry Lab, Physical Chemistry Lab.
Faculty Mentor & Counsellor
Coordinator and Editor: magazine 360 degree- its department magazine DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES HANDLED UPON THE POSITION OF ‘SENIOR LECTURER’ FROM SEPTEMBER 2008 TO MARCH 2013.
Founder: Engineering Chemistry Lab
Founder: Environmental Science & Engineering lab
Lab in-charge: Engineering Chemistry, Environmental Science & Engineering Lab
Teaching Basic Chemistry to foundation students
Teaching Engineering Chemistry to B. E / B. Tech students
Teaching Environmental Science to B. E / B. Tech students 2006 – 2008
SAMS College of Engineering and Technology, Chennai, India Job Summary:
Founder: Engineering Chemistry Lab
Teaching Engineering Chemistry
Teaching Environmental Science
Teaching Chemistry to Marine Programs
Teaching Lab Courses to Marine Programs
2000 – 2006
ONGC (OIL & NATURAL GAS CORPORATION) PUBLIC SCHOOL, KARAIKAL, INDIA Job Summary: Teaching:
Page 4 of 9
TEACHER Chemistry Teaching to Senior Secondary School Students
Chemistry Lab established
1999 – 2000
R & D CHEMIST
Southern Refineries Limited, Trivandrum, Kerala:
reclaim pure oil from polymerised oil
Polymerised oil coolant content /water content quality checking
Vacuum Distillation Test
Oil Flash point checking
Oil Fire point checking
Oil Blending: Engine oil
Effluent water treatment quality check
RECENT ACHIVEMENTS & AWARDS:
• Received ‘Professor of the year award' from International business & Academic Excellence Award, Organized by GISR Foundation & The American College of Dubai on 31st October 2019
• Industry Collaboration Project: $50K, knowledge transfer-based project with suez water technologies & solutions
• Received “CERTIFICATE OF MERIT” for the research presentation done on 2nd April, 2019 at Orlando, Florida, United States of America.
• Research Paper Presentation, Role of Judge and role of Guide at National Meeting & Expo., Orlando Florida, United States of America. www.acs.org
• International Conference Organizing Committee member http://wcaset.com/organizing.php
• Editorial Board member, http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/jeece” “Journal of Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering (JEECE); Science Publishing Group, 548 FASHION AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10018. U.S.A.
• External Judge for selecting the science exhibit which will be forwarded to international level, organized by Science India Forum collaboration with Counsel General of India.
• Key note Speaker for the workshop to Delhi Private School Sharjah Teachers Department of Chemistry, on 3rd October, 2016. Delivery on “Electrochemical Concept on Corrosion and its Prevention”
• Best Research Paper Award Received for presenting “Low Organic Matter strength reveals that the gradual devastation of soil stability of Kalathur, Adhanur Soil Series-South East India" International Conference “World Research Journals Conference" www.worldresearchjournals.com 7th and 8th December 2015, Dubai. RESEARCH INTEREST:
• Corrosion Engineering
• Environmental Chemistry [soil, water]
• Organic Chemistry
• Physical Chemistry
• Inorganic Chemistry
• Engineering Chemistry
• Analytical & Industrial Chemistry
• Environmental Science
• Chemistry /Environmental Lab Subjects
Page 5 of 9
• International Conference Technical Session Chair: International Research Conference on Science, Management and Engineering 2015 (IRCSME 2015), on 28th and 29th January 2015.
• World Research Conference Technical Session Chair (WRC) Sheraton, Deira, Dubai held on 7th and 8th December 2015.
• Scientific Committee Member: World Research Conference (WRC) Sheraton, Deira, Dubai held on 7th and 8th December 2015.
• Reviewer: Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment www.worldresearchjournals.com
• Editorial Board Member: e-journals, world research journals, www.worldresearchjournals.com Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment.
• Ph. D Thesis evaluator
MEMBERSHIP OF INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL SOCITIES:
• Professional Member: American Chemical Society ACS www.acs.org
• Professional Member: Institute of Engineering Research & publication, https://www.iferp.in/ IFERP.
• Professional Member: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) www.aiche.org
• Fellow member: International Congress of Chemistry and Environment.
• Senior Member: Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering Society,
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ATTENDED (LATEST)
• Faculty development program on “Customer Service and Email Etiquette” is a training session attended on 9th & 10th September 2018
• Training session on Cascade control, Control valve and first & second order apparatus training by Mr. Kalaimani, Atlab Scientific company on 22nd October 2017
• Faculty Development Program On 5th And 6th September 2017: a) 5th September: ‘Competition on Enhancement of Customer Satisfaction - a) Students, b) Parents, c) Industry & d) Alumni’
b) 6th September: Seminar on ‘Road Map for Engineering Consultancy Projects’ Mr. Manish Gupta, Director Operations, Calgary Project Consultants Dubai. c) 6th September: Training on ‘analytical instruments’ FTIR, Heavy metal analysis by Mr. Rudra Bose Inorganic Lab & Development Manager- LAS. Emphor life & analytical Sciences, Al Qouz, Dubai
• Faculty Development program by Dr Ananth Rao & Dr. Sudhakar Kota held on 23rd and 24th January 2017, which comprises
a) Workshop on “Designing Rubrics for Meeting the OBTL requirements” b) Teaching Pedagogy for the New generation
c) Turnitin Orientation
d) School Based Competition on LMS implementation
e) Workshop on “Choosing and Implementing Assessment methodologies for OBTL” f) Time & Stress Management
g) Customer Care in an Education Environment
• Faculty Development program on “Emerging trends in Teaching and Learning” and OBTL Documentation and Implementation” on August 24th and 25th, 2016, by Manipal University Dubai, UAE.
• Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Research, 6th January 2016: Page 6 of 9
a) What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and its benefits and filing process? by Mr. Nevin Jacon Kosh, Head of Patent Department, United Trademark & Patent Services Dubai
- United Arab Emirates
b) Intellectual Property Rights Status in UAE: Takamul Initiatives & Contributions by Mr. Faisal AlHmoudi, Sr. Manager- Takamul, Abu Dhabi Technology Development Committee, Abu Dhabu, UAE.
• Faculty Development Program on ‘Setting the expected outcomes’ & Presentation on OBL implementation by the schools on 31st January – 1st February 2016
• Faculty Development Program on ‘Outcome based Learning’ conducted by Manipal Executive education on 2-3 September, 2015
• On “Pedagogy and Personal Effectiveness” by Manipal Centre for Professional and Personal Development (MCPD), 2nd to 4th July 2013
• Workshop on “Research Methodology and Statistics” by Manipal University Dubai on 10th through 13th July 2011
• On “Teaching Methodology in career” by Dr. David Langley, Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota, USA., on 25th and 26th January 2011. RESEARCH PUBLICATION DETAILS
2019: “Effect of magnesium uptake by Oriza Sativa from organic and inorganic fertilizer fields - comparative study” https://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/meetings/national-meetings/spring- 2019/technical_program_draft.pdf March-April 2019
2019 “Fabrication of Low-Cost Solar using Polypropylene (PPR) Pipes – An Investigation” Vijayakumar R, Nidhya Kumari R, Himani J, Rahul V, Varun V. International Journal of Innovative Technology and exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN 2278-3075, Vol 8, Issue 4, February 2019. 2016 “Organic Matter Strength in Kalathur (Klt), Adhanur (and) and Podugai (Pdg) soil series of Mayiladuthurai Taluk-India Amity Journal of Engineering Technology ISSN 2518-6493 Vol 1, No.1, May 2016
2015 “Organic Carbon Depletion Impact on Future Global Climate” Vijayakumar and Chithirai Pon Selvan M European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, July 2015, 2(7): 10-17 2013 “Spatial Distribution of ionic concentration in Reverine and Coastal soils of South India’’ R. Vijayakumar and P.Martin Int. J. Chem. Environ. & Tech Vol.1 issue2 April 2013(56-63) 2013 “H+ ion Concentration of loamy – calcareous soil variations caused by leaching and other environmental factors, correction with practical approach and Mapping’’ Vijayakumar.R
& Martin deva prasath.P. International Journal of Chemistry Environment & Technology Vol.1 issue1 Jan 2013(27- 36)
2011 “Status Of Macro And Micronutrients In Some Soils Of Nagapattinam District In Tamil Nadu, India” Analele Universităţii din Oradea-fascicula Chimie, Vol.XVIII, 2011. Page 7 of 9
2011“Status of Macro and Micronutrients in Some Soils of Nagapattinam District in Tamil Nadu, India” Oriental Journal Of Chemistry, 2011, Vol. 27, No. (4): Pg. 171*-****-**** “Micronutrients Status and their Relation to Soil Characteristics of South – East Coastal soils of India’’ International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment, Int.J.Res.Chem.Environ.Vol.1 Issue1 (147 – 150), July 2011 2011“Macronutrient and Micronutrient Status in Relation to Soil Characteristics in South – East Coast Plain – Riverine Soils of India’’ Oriental Journal of Chemistry Vol.27, No. (2):Pg 567 -571, April
– June, (2011), Indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, ISI, Thomson Reuters Masters Journal List, USA 2011“Macronutrient and Micronutrient Status and their Relationship with Soil properties of Natural Disaster Proned Coastal soils’’ Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment, Res J.Chem. Environ Vol. 15 (2) June (2011)
2011 “Nutrients Strength and their Relationship with Soil properties of Natural Disaster Proned Coastal soils’’ Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research J.Chem. Pharma. Res., Vol. 3 (3): 87- 92; (2011), Indexed in Scopus.
2011 “Assessment of the Status of Micronutrients in Nagapattinam District TamilNadu” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research J.Chem. Pharma. Res., Vol. 3 (4): 10 - 16; (2011) 2011“Micronutrients and their Relationship with Soil properties of Natural Disaster Proned Coastal soils’’ Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Res.J.Chem.Sci.Vol.1(1) April (2011) 2008“Seasonal variations of trace metals in clam (meretrix casta) at Tharangamopadi and Vanjur estuaries, southeast coast of India” International Journal of Scientific Transaction in Environment and Technovation. (J.Sci.trans.environ.Technov) – 2008, 1(3): 134 – 138. India. 2006 “Bio accumulation of trace metals on the clam meretrix casta, before and after Tsunami in Tharangampadi estuary southeast coast of India” International Journal “THE EKOLOGIA” (The Ekol), Vol.5 / 1- 2 / PP 75 – 80 / 2006,The Republic of Slovak. 2006“Distribution of heavy metals on Chaetomorpha, Before and after Tsunami at Tharangampadi coast (Southeast coast of India.)” International Journal of Applied Geochemistry vol.8. No.2A PP 417-422. (2006)
2019: “Effect of magnesium uptake by Oriza Sativa from organic and inorganic fertilizer fields - comparative study” https://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/meetings/national-meetings/spring- 2019/technical_program_draft.pdf, 2nd April, 2019 Global conference of American Chemical Society, National Meeting & Expo, Orlando Florida, United states of America. 2018 “Experimental Analysis of Transient heat conduction in a solid bar” Advances in Engineering
& IT (AEIT) School of Engg & IT, Manipal Dubai, April 11th & 12th 2018 2017 “Fusion of CO2 Bio-mitigation system with waste water treatment and production of valuable Metabolite: Future perspective” Environmental & Material Science Symposium, Khalifa University of Science & Technology, 6th December 2017 2017 “Evaluating membrane Technology on air conditioning performance” Environmental & Material Science Symposium, Khalifa University of Science & Technology, 6th December 2017 2015 “Low Organic Matter Strength Reveals That the Gradual Devastation of Soil Stability Of Page 8 of 9
Kalathur, Adhanur Soil Series-South East India" International Conference “World Research Journals Conference" ww.worldresearchjournals.com 7th and 8th December 2015, Dubai. ‘Best Paper Presentation award’
2010 ‘‘Status of Macronutrients in tharangampadi Taluk, Nagapattinam District of Tamil Nadu’’ Proceedings of GCASE-2010, International conference on green chemistry and sustainable environment at Tiruchirapalli, India. July 7-8 2010. 2010 “Variations in Macro and Micronutrients in some soil of Mayiladuthurai Taluk, Nagapattinam District of Tamil Nadu’’ Proceedings of GCASE-2010, International conference on green chemistry and sustainable environment at Tiruchirapalli, India. July 7-8 2010. 2010 “Status of macro and micro nutrients in Some soils of Nagapattinam district of Tamil Nadu India’ Proceedings of ICCE-2009, International Conference on ‘Chemistry and Environment’ at Thailand, January 21-23, 2010
2009 “Assessment of Micronutrient Status at Vedaranyam Taluk of Tamil Nadu, India” Proceedings of RAEP- 2009. International Conference on ‘Recent Advances in Environmental Protection’ at Agra, India. December 17-19, 2009.
2007 “Bioaccumulation of heavy metals in some common aquatic food species at Tharangampadi coast, southeast coast of India” Proceedings of ICCE-2007 International Conference on ‘Chemistry and Environment’ at Kuwait pp 468 – 472, Nov 18-20,2007. 2007 “Seasonal variations of trace metals in clam (meretrix casta) at Tharangampadi and Vanjur Estuaries, southeast coast of India” Proceedings of ICCE-2007 International Conference on
‘Chemistry and Environment’ at Kuwait pp 473-480, Nov 18-20, 2007. Publications in
2013 “A comparative study of Physico- Chemical Parameters of Indian and Foreign onshore sea water” National Conference on Ultimate strategies for sustainable Environment (USSE- 2013) PG and Research, Department of Chemistry, TBML College, Porayar, 16th & 17th April 2013 2011 “Assessment of Micronutrient Status in Kuthakum Taluk of Nagapattinam District in TamilNadu” National Seminar on Recent trents in Chemistry (NSRTC- 2011) AVC College, TamilNadu, India. February 25 & 26, 2011.
2009 “Micronutrient Status Assessment at Tranquebar Taluk of Nagapattinam District, Tamil Nadu, India” Proceedings of NSRAC-09 National Seminar on ‘Recent Advances In Chemistry’ at Mayiladuthurai,Tamil Nadu, India. February 27-28, 2009. 2009 “A Comparative Study on the Soils of Organic Farming and Chemical Farming in Sirkali – T.K” Proceedings of NSRAC-09 National Seminar on ‘Recent Advances In Chemistry’ at AVC College Mayiladuthurai,Tamil Nadu, India. February 27-28, 2009. 2008 “Heavy metal accumulation in Tharangampady and Vanjur coasts, Southeast coast of India” Proceedings of IMAEM – 2008 National Conference on ‘Impending Approaches to Environmental Menace’ at Porayar, Tamil Nadu, India. September 25-26, 2008. 2008 “Biosorption of Cr (VI) From aqueous solution using Jatropa Curcus” Proceedings of IMAEM – 2008 National Conference on ‘Impending Approaches to Environmental Menace’ at Porayar, Tamil Nadu, India. September 25-26, 2008. 2008 “Micronutrient status assessment at Mannachanallur taluk of Tiruchirappalli district, Tamil Nadu, India” Proceedings of TACS- 2008 National seminar on ‘Theoretical And Chemical Page 9 of 9
Sciences’ at Annamalai University, India, February 22- 23, 2008. 2008 “Micronutrient status assessment at Thottiyam taluk of Tiruchirappalli District, Tamil Nadu, India” Proceedings of National Conference on “Recent Advances In Physical Organic Chemistry” at Trichy, India February 11-12, 2008.
2008 “Micronutrient status assessment at Trichirappalli Taluk of Trichirappalli District Tamil Nadu, India” Proceedings of National symposium on ‘Frontier Areas in Chemistry ’at Madurai, India. January 10-11, 2008.
Citizen : Indian
Gender : Male
Date of Birth : 20th February 1972
Passport No : N8154333
Date of Issue : 03.04.2016
Place of Issue : DUBAI
Date of Expiry : 02.04.2026
ADDRESS IN INDIA
Charal lvilai, Kavialloor, Kattathurai -629158,
Kanyakumari-Dt, Tamilnadu, India.
LANGUAGES KNOWN: ENGLISH, TAMIL,
COUNTRY OF DRIVING LICENCE HOLDING: UAE,
VISA DETAIL: UAE.
Sponsor : Manipal University-Creative Authority
Place of Issue : Dubai
Profession : UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Date of Issue : 25/09/2017
Date of Expiry: 24/09/2020
HOBBIES: Reading Newspaper, Organic farming, Green Gardening, like to travel and spending time with family FAMILY DETAILS:
FAMILY MEMBERS RELATION QUALIFICATION PROFESSION
Ms. Subamalar wife B. Sc., B. Ed., M. Sc., M.
Phil (Math )
Miss. Reuwin Chell Elder Daughter 12th Grade Student Miss. Glowin Chell Younger Daughter 6th Grade Student REFERENCE 1
Dr. Chithirai Pon Selvan M.E., Ph. D
Program Chair - Engineering,
Curtin University, DIAC, UAE
Email: email@example.com /
Dr. Rajiv Selvam M. E., Ph. D
Program Coordinator - Mechanical Engineering
School of Engineering & Information Technology
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
G-04, Dubai International Academic City, P.O. Box 345050, Dubai, UAE. Tel: +971*********; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I, the undersigned/name mentioned, certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, these data correctly describe me, my qualifications, and my experience. Dr. Vijayakumar