Federal Police Officer - United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Uniontown, PA 15401
I have 27 years in the law enforcement field. Approximately 9 of these years were at the supervisory level as a Deputy-in-Charge, Corporal Deputy and Chief Deputy Sheriff. I felt I have excelled in the management positions I have held. I also have conducted and assisted in countless criminal investigations throughout my career. I believe that my education and experience in law enforcement / security best prepared me to continue to serve at any position in which I apply. I am a firm believer in HARD WORK and TEAM WORK which have shown during my tenure in law enforcement. I promise to continue true professionalism and character in all positions of interest. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Federal Police Officer
United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Pittsburgh, PA April 2010 to Present
Preserve peace on the facility assigned to.
• Prevent, detect, and investigate crimes.
• Arrest or apprehend violators.
• Provide assistance to citizens in emergency situations.
• Protect the civil rights of citizens.
• Assure compliance with Federal, State, County and Municipal laws.
• Assure compliance with agency rules and regulations. Police Officer
Seven Springs Borough Police Department - Champion, PA September 1996 to December 2010
Protected and served the citizens and guests Seven Springs Borough and Seven Springs Resort
• Enforced laws by arresting and prosecuting any individual who violated the law
• Investigated all criminal law violations
• Prepared concise reports concerning arrests and incidents
• Testified and articulated facts of court cases
• Performed scheduled and unscheduled checks of resort property and dwellings
• Assisted all law enforcement agencies in investigations and prosecutions
• Interviewed individuals involved in any prosecution concerning a violation of the law Chief Deputy Sheriff
Fayette County Sheriffs' Department - Uniontown, PA April 1998 to April 2010
Directed daily operations within the sheriff office by assigning duties to support staff.
• Coordinated inmate transportation between county, state, and federal correctional institutions.
• Supervised sheriff security personnel responsible for the safety of county judges, county employees, and the general public.
• Disseminated information to judges, attorneys, and citizens on how the sheriff office can meet their needs.
• Investigated and located the whereabouts of fugitives.
• Operated security monitors and technical equipment for county buildings.
• Aided and assisted any law enforcement agencies with investigations and prosecutions of individuals in violation of the law.
• Participated in security details with U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Marshals.
• Maintained firearms proficiency.
• Assumed all duties of the sheriff in his absence. Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer
Pennsylvania Game Commission - Harrisburg, PA
June 1994 to March 1997
Enforced and prosecuted any violation of Pennsylvania Game Law
• Conducted investigations concerning game law violations
• Investigated littering violations
• Interviewed actors and witnesses that pertain to prosecution to violation of law
• Testified in a court of law
• Collected data concerning wildlife
• Assisted any state or federal law enforcement agency in investigations leading to prosecution of law violators
Federal Police Certification in Police Basic Training LETC - Little Rock, AR
2010 to 2010
Dickinson School of Law of Pennsylvania State University - Carlisle, PA June 1998 to July 1998
A.A.S. in Criminal Justice
Westmoreland County Community College - Youngwood, PA May 1993 to December 1995
Act 120 in Basic Police Officer Training
Westmoreland County Community College - Municipal Police Academy - Youngwood, PA January 1995 to November 1995
Investigations, Interviewing, Public Relations, Public Speaking, Micosoft Office, Police Management, Firearm Proficiency, Patrol, Report Writing, Security, Administrative Skills Awards
American Police Hall of Fame
Long and Honorable Service Award. Shows my dedication to my law enforcement career. Certifications/Licenses
Federal Police Officer Certification
June 2010 to Present
Federal Police Officer Trained
Also had past certifications under PA Acts 120, 235, 2, CPR.