Email: firstname.lastname@example.org · LinkedIn Profile: linkedin.com/in/jermaine-oatis-0b6a40b2
To explore opportunities that would continue to allow me to utilize my educational and professional training and experience while maintaining growth opportunities.
FEB. 2018 – PRESENT
SENIOR MANAGER (VICE PRESIDENT) – COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER III
• Evaluating and decisioning loan applications for new loan facilities
• Decisioning renewals and changes in exposure limits, all in accordance with business unit standards
• Analyze all aspects of an applicant’s business to determine credit worthiness and repayment ability
• Review and approve written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine credit facilities
• Perform and verify compliance with loan policy and all applicable regulatory requirements
•Manage and develop direct reports (underwriters and analysts)
•Travel to various markets to provide support and training to sales teams.
JUNE 2016 – FEB. 2018
VICE PRESIDENT – SR. COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER & SPREADS GROUP MANAGER
• Recruit, hire, train, and manage new analysts dedicated to portfolio management activities of the bank (updating of financial information, covenant compliance, performance monitoring, etc.).
• Manage the expansion of the service area from one state / territory to bankwide coverage (7 total states).
• Perform quantitative process analysis to determine the projected staffing needs of the department.
• Develop and implement training processes to prepare inexperienced underwriters for full underwriting activities.
• Keep designated markets in compliance with portfolio monitoring standards as designated by bank policy.
JUNE 2008 – JUNE 2016
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT – COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
• Determine feasibility of existing and potential large business banking deals.
• Perform industry research / analysis and a vast variety of industries.
• Perform financial ratio analysis, analyzing customers and how they perform versus their industry.
• Perform cash flow, breakeven, and rate sensitivity analysis.
• Identify potential problem areas through periodic portfolio reviews.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
FEB 2010 – FEB 2018
• Instructed both online and on-site classes (primarily online).
• Instructor for Foundation of Personal Finance courses.
• Instructor for Introduction to Finance courses.
JAN 2015 – APR 2015
CERTIFIED TAX PREPARER
• Seasonal part-time work as a tax preparer for Jackson Hewitt.
• Prepared simple and complex tax returns for individuals.
FEB 2007 – MAY 2008
• Reviewed bank relationships to detect signs of current or future deterioration.
• Researched and compiled real estate market analysis on various bank markets.
• Performed review on various bank portfolios to determine changes in the levels of risk.
• Traveled to in state and out of state markets to conduct on-site construction inspections.
TRUSTMARK NATIONAL BANK
MAY 2005 – FEB 2007
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST
• Trained and assisted less experienced analysts in departmental activities.
• Continued to perform all the normal duties of a credit analyst.
JUNE 2002 – MAY 2005
• Processed, reviewed, and analyzed commercial & real estate loan opportunities.
• Ensured all existing and potential loans complied with bank policy.
JUNE 2001 – JUNE 2002
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
• Participated in Trustmark’s yearlong management development program.
MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
JAN 2001 – JUNE 2001
ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR II, MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
• Managed federal and state grants and matching funds reporting.
SEPT. 1999 – JAN 2001
ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR I, MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
• Reviewed vendor contracts for agency for approval.
• Processed and tracked vendor payments.
JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY
MASTER’S DEGREE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY
BACHELOR’S DEGREE - ACCOUNTING
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Google apps, etc.