Kathryn L. Rice
Responsible and trustworthy Administrative Assistant and Human Resource Administrative Coordinator. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. Fifteen years in office environment. Personnel and Human Resources
• Payroll (Paychex/ADP)
• Various computer programs, including Excel and Quickbooks
• Clerical Writing
• English Language, some American Sign Language
• Active Listening
New Penn Motor Express - October 2017 – September 2019 (trucking company 1,500 employees)
• Scheduled interviews, phone interview, answered questions from candidates.
• Received pre-employment paperwork, ran backgrounds through Sterling, monitored progress of Drug Tests and background results.
• Reviewed results of background/Drug tests to clear individuals.
• Entered new hires into the payroll system
• Followed up with Managers to gather all required paperwork for employee files (Department of Transportation) requirements, I-9 verification, proof of training that is required for each position. Physician’s Mobile X-Ray, Inc. Medical imaging (Mobile X-Ray Imaging, Inc 1/20/2005 until 11/1/11 Alpha Diagnostics LLC. Until 11/1/2011 to 12/10/13, Physician’s Mobile X-Ray, Inc. 12/10/13 to 2/15/16) Derek Scicchitano 717-***-****
• Performed payroll functions, maintained timekeeping information and processed and submitted payroll.
• Answered telephones and gave information to callers, took messages, or transferred calls to appropriate individuals.
• Collected and deposited money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, kept records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
• Created, maintained, and entered information into databases.
• Set up and managed paper or electronic filing systems, recorded information, updated paperwork, or maintained documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
• Operated office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
• Greeted visitors or callers and handled their inquiries or directed them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Completed forms in accordance with company procedures.
• Made copies of correspondence or other printed material.
• Located and attached appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Composed, typed, and distributed meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports.
• Opened, read, routed, and distributed incoming mail or other materials and answered routine letters.
• Conducted searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet, background services, etc.
• Prepared invoices for accounting and mailed checks to venders.
• Ordered and dispensed supplies.
• Learned to operate new office technologies as they developed and implemented.
• Prepared conference or event materials, such as flyers or invitations. United States Postal Service (Sept 2001-Sept 2002)
• Received mail, measured the amount of incoming mail and kept records. Distribute mail to boxes in the office, and process miss sent mail and forwarded mail orders.
• Handled over the counter business, charging customers for services.
• Conducted periodic audits to verify funds are accurate.
• Ran the Post Office in the absence of the Post Master as Officer In Charge (OIC)
• Gave excellent customer service to customers.
• Prepared outgoing mail according to zip code, priority level, and confidentiality.
• Developed a knowledge of the laws, or where to find answers concerning legality of items to be shipped.
• Took special care in screening mail due to increased terroristic threats on 9/11. Education
Real Estate Classes Harrisburg PA Nov 2015 PA Realtor Christ For the Nations, International Dallas Texas May 1979 Associates Degree in Leadership Montana State University Bozeman Montana 1974 Social Justice 1.5 years – no degree Scobey High School Diploma May 1973