CAROLINE SHAN LU
● Material: Owning exclusive source of 100% bio-degradable material, viable for mass production
● Strategy: Built Go-to-market strategy in key markets and led international expansion driving 3X volume growth. Launched Repayment Platform, Referrals, and Early Bird program as well as credit verification features
● Entrepreneurship: Owner of Moge Tea at East Village & Long Island City, Co-found an online e-commerce platform Vtopian and exited with 300%+ return
● Personal: Completed 3 Intl marathons, joined college Crew Novice team and Chi Omega Sorority EXPERIENCE E
DRIVE.AI Mountain View, CA
Corporate Development Senior Associate Dec 2018 – Present
● Led the M&A due diligence by half the expected time, expediting the deal closing date by over 3 weeks.
● Led FMEA, Item Definition and GAAP analysis, over-achieved the partners’ expectation on the safety assurance.
● Performed M&A pro forma impact analysis resulting in 1.5 times increase of check size in the following conversation.
● Sourced, prioritized and pitched incisively in front of the financial & strategic investors/partners across 6 countries, converting 4 partners to potential strategic investors.
● Negotiated Series C towards the fund-raising scope and explored deal synergies with potential targets. PRODIGY FINANCE New York, NY
Product Strategy Manager, Head of China Business Development Oct 2016 – Nov 2018
● Launched multiple finance products and marketing campaigns, and directly generated $3M+ volume growth in 1H 2017, 133% YoY in FY 2017. Expanded US institutional coverage to 2 times of the original size in 2018.
● Established key partnerships with 40+ global enterprises in 2H 2017, built up the Chinese market growth strategy for 2018-2020 with $2B target growth leading promotion to Head of China Business Development in 2018.
● Performed competitive benchmarking and defined a unique marketing strategy for Chinese market driving up YoY awareness growth of 201% in 1H 2018.
● Developed financial and operational strategies, incorporated pricing plans and increased monetization rate through partnership and quantitative analysis, using Excel VBA, SQL, Tableau, Salesforce and Zendesk. GOLDMAN SACHS New York, NY
Commodity Research Senior Analyst, Global Investment Research (Series 7&63 holder) Jul 2014 – 2015
● Researched on crude S&D and inventories based on preliminary data and conducted quantitative analysis on short/long term price using factor models, via SAS, SQL, VBA, Plottool, Havers, EViews, Reuters, and Bloomberg.
● Interacted closely with institutional clients, sales and traders on establishing quantitative investment strategies and providing analytical support on daily energy market performance.
● Drafted and published weekly and monthly research reports tracking energy and commodity market performance.
● Collaborated with economics team and equity research team on energy impact on global Macro strategy.
● Organized weekly global morning calls with sales & trading desk and presented to institutional clients. HOPU INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (Private Equity with $3B in Fund I and $2B in Fund II) Beijing, China Private Equity Associate Intern Jun 2012 - Jun 2013
● Developed rigorous financial and operational analyses using DCF model and sensitivity analysis; integrated key findings into financial models and valuations, driving key quantitative investment decisions.
● Completed RMB 80B structured equity quantitative investment s in Elemental Minerals in the PRC and Argentina.
● Formulated investment memoranda and timeline worksheets for LPs and GPs driving fund largest holding ever.
● Conducted interviews with key management and government officials to assess cross-border deal quantitative investments by liaison with Chinese officials leading international potash policies and LATAM investment.
● Communicated valuation and deal rationale to Partners and negotiated exit proceeds between co-investors and HOPU. EDUCATION N
MIT SLOAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT Cambridge, MA
Master’s in Finance 2013 - 2014
● Coursework: Advance Financial Theory, Corporate Finance and Investment Banking, Quantitative investments.
● Organizations: MIT CHIEF Board Member (club focusing on PE/VC), MIT Finance club, and MIT PE/VC club. NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY Evanston, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Economics & Business Institution GPA: 3.8/4.0 2008 - 2012
● Coursework: Deterministic Models & Optimization, Money & Banking, Decision Modeling, International Finance.