An accomplished global supply chain management professional with over 15 years of Fortune 100 company diverse experience. Hands-on execution in Strategy, Operations, and Organizational Development. Proven track record leading and managing complex Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Supply Chain design programs including Demand Forecasting & Planning, Inventory Management, Supply Planning, Financial Reconciliation, Technology, and balanced measurements dashboards and controls. Transformational and visionary leader with expertise in project management streamlining business processes, integrating technology solutions, negotiating complex supply contracts, change management, and continuous improvement to balance market realities with internal capabilities & financial goals.
Cornerstone Building Brands (Former NCI), Houston, TX Aug 2018-Present VP, S&OP and Supply Chain Management
Leading teams and managing the implementation of a new comprehensive program including across two newly merging companies (NCI & PLyGem) S&OP, Inventory Management, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Supply Planning, technology, continuous improvement, and process and systems governance and control.
• Implemented a centralized Executive S&OP process implementation across six different BUs ($5 B Rev.) and regions including process, change managements, tools, and continuous improvement process.
• Leading key operational projects such as BUs integration, Manufacturing Sourcing, Supply Planning, Inventory Optimization, and Order Movements
• Leading Strategic and Detailed Demand Forecasting & Planning, process and tools across different BUs using AI Tools Group (TG) technology solution
• Implemented Manufacturing Supply Planning and Scheduling while governing a cross-functional Sourcing to balance Service (Q-ACT), Productivity (MHPPT & Overtime), and Inventory
• Leading the implementation of Planning IT solution and supporting Data Management, Business Analytics, and visualization across the integrated Supply Chain and S&OP. Key Achievements:
• Improved Mix Forecast Accuracy by 20%
• Improved Q—ACT Perfect Index to reach 95%
• Reduced Steel Inventory by 33% ($50M)
• Reduced E2E Lead Time by two weeks (one week in Engineering & Drafting and one week in Production)
• Reduced Order push-outs by 10% leading to $2M savings while impacting Lead Time positively
• Optimized Components and Buildings Manufacturing network leading to $5M savings between Productivity
(MHPPT) ($1M), Manufacturing Sourcing ($2M), and Transportation ($2M) Philips Boston, MA (Office in DFW, TX Area) June 2016-Aug 2018 Director, S&OP and Supply Chain Management
Leading S&OP and Supply Chain process, organization and systems re-design and implementation within the Imaging Systems Business Group (CT/AMI, MRI, IGT, DXR, and Ultrasound BUS) globally.
• Leading a centralized Executive S&OP process implementation across seven Health Systems different BUs ($6 B Rev.) and regions North America, EMEA, Asia, and South America including process, change managements, tools, and continuous improvement process.
• Institutionalizing a formal Executive decision-making process fostering realism and fortitude where all demand, supply, and finance communities are discussing forecast, plans, and budget realities and assumptions and adjusting the key levers to deliver profitable outcomes.
• Leading Strategic and Detailed Demand Forecasting & Planning, Multi-echelon Inventory Optimization, Sourcing & Supply Portfolio Matrix, and Manufacturing & Distribution Network footprint redesign.
• Aligning the business plan with the operational plans towards the company business goals using an iterative dynamic business process.
105 Meadowlark LN
Southlake, TX 76092
• Leading solid program and project management to develop an integrated business planning process and link it to operations.
• Managing End-to-End Global Supply Chain Design capabilities, Segmentation, Management, Planning, and Control.
• Managing technology teams and projects from conception, initiation, planning, chartering, execution, and governance to develop JDA & SAP IT solutions to support S&OP across different franchises and regions.
• Spearheading the S&OP systemic database and applications (SQL, Tableau, Web, and SAP BW) to propel the implementation of the S&OP collaborative platforms, analytics, dashboards, and optimization Key Achievements:
• Improved Mix Forecast Accuracy by 10%
• Improved On Time To Promise ( OTTP) to reach 85%
• Reduced Inventory by 20% ($70M)
• Reduced E2E Lead Time by three weeks mainly driven by Manufacturing (MR & CT)
• Reduced Order push-outs by 10% leading to $2M savings while impacting Lead Time positively
• Supported Manufacturing Network Redesign leading to Mega Plants business model saving $100M
• Lead S&OP Kaizen Events leading to $10M savings (Order Movements, Lead Time, and Transportation) Alcon (a Novartis company), Fort Worth, TX 2014- 2016 Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management
Lead teams and managed a comprehensive program including S&OP implementation, Inventory Management, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Supply Planning, technology, continuous improvement, and process and systems governance and control.
• Shortened New Product Introduction by 25%
• Reaped an NPV=$2M, IRR=30% over the 3 years project implementation
• Improved Service Fill Rate from 89% to 92%
• Reduced Working Capital by $10M and avoided cost of $4M.
• Enhanced MAPE from 30% to 10% and improved Bias by 10%
• Lead a centralized S&OP process implementation across seven different franchises ($12 B Rev.) and regions North America, EMEA, Asia, and South America including process, change managements, tools, and continuous improvement process.
• Served as the Demand Forecasting & Planning Center of Excellence to roll out a standardized Demand Forecasting process, tools, and metrics to drive the S&OP process.
• Launched the Financial Reconciliation project to develop an aligned decision-making process to balance demand and supply operational plans towards the overall company’s business plan and strategic goals.
• Built an integrated Inventory and Order Managements analytical tools and dashboards based on statistical modeling capabilities to balance cost and service.
• Incorporated competitive intelligence including Market Macro trends and industry competitive landscape augmenting changes for the first time to be able to augment the forecast and challenge the underlying assumptions.
Honeywell (Performance Fibers), Charlotte, NC 2013-2014 Senior Manager (Consulting Role), Supply Chain Management Lead an array of global S&OP projects and teams, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Inventory Management, and Customer Service across four plants in the US and one plant in Mexico.
• Reduced customer back orders by 15%
• Increased inventory turns by 30%
• Decreased Net Operating Working Capital by 25%
• Reduced overseas inbounds lead time by 12 days
• Cut $870K in annual freight expense by negotiating contracts and scheduling arrangements
• Lead an array of global teams of S&OP managers, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Inventory Management, Customer Service, and Logistics teams within four plants in the US and one plant in Mexico.
• Managed the S&OP process across the US, Mexico, Asia, and Europe.
• Re-designed the sourcing and routing process globally to balance service, cost, and net operating working capital.
• Re-organized customer service and planning business units in the Americas to fit a centralized organization.
• Overhauled the current 3PL provider to include global transportation and distribution.
• Developed a centralized and streamlined Demand Planning process including Demand Forecasting, Planning, Inventory Management, and Order Management.
• Lead the development of planning tools such as Sales Forecasting, MRP, Advanced scheduling, and Inventory Management in the Americas across five plants with different IT infrastructures. Colortech Inc., Knoxville, TN 2010-2013
Supply Chain Manager (2010- 2013)
Lead an E-commerce supply chain operation as part of a global value network and set the standard for an innovative and world-class operational excellence and customer value. Architected, deployed, and executed comprehensive strategy to gain visibility and agility, boost top line revenue, reduce operational cost, and increase working capital efficiency.
• Established a dynamic and automated global sourcing and supply management process to mitigate risk, secure competitive lead times, and build capability-driven and strategic value network.
• Implemented a statistical Material Requirement Planning (MRP) process where safety stock is dynamic and driven by demand and lead-time variability.
• Lead a consensus-driven and forward-looking Demand Planning and Forecasting process resulting in improved visibility, higher velocity, and lower variability.
• Developed an internal import and export contractual and compliance process in full compliance with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requirements to mitigate global Supply Chain vulnerability. KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP. (Several Positions) 2001-2010 Strategic Planning Analyst (2008-2010), Knoxville, TN, 2008-2010 Sr. Demand Forecasting Planner, Neenah, WI, 2006-2008 Purchasing Planner, Neenah, WI, 2003 – 2006
Inventory Management Analyst, Neenah, WI, 2002 - 2003 Customer Logistics Analyst, Neenah, WI, 2001 – 2002 Lead strategic manufacturing and distribution foot print designs to balance operations, strategy, and resources with the overall financial and strategic plan.
• Re-designed Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process by jointly working with University of Tennessee
(MBA). This change required an organizational change, process improvement, and a successful implementation of an integrating technology solution. This viable continuous improvement change generated a Net Present Value of 1.2 million dollars over the five years project life.
• Supported a new strategic Mfg. and Sourcing & Supply plans that changed the supply network structure to improve speed, quality, service effectiveness, and asset management efficiency. This strategic network redesign extended the downstream flow beyond manufacturing plants and reached the customers shelves, controlled the behavior of the supply chain, and generated a total of $12.7 million in cost savings.
• MBA - Supply Chain & Marketing
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
• Bachelor Degree-Physics
The University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
• Language Fluency: English, French, German, and Arabic
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Transformational leadership skills to foster vertical alignment, cross-functionality, and balanced results.
• S&OP process leadership to balance demand and supply, and integrate financial & operational planning, formalize decision-making processes, and provide more forward-looking planning structure.
• End-to-End Global Supply Chain Design, Segmentation, Management, Planning, and Control (Brick & Mortar retailer, E-tailer, and B-to-B supply chain design)
• Strategic and Detailed Demand Forecasting & Planning, Multi-echelon Inventory Optimization, and Network footprint redesign.
• Statistical Analytical Modeling and Process Improvement (long term assets & equipment, inventory, capacity, flow, and supply) based on solid sensitivity analysis.
• Global Sourcing and Supply Management (Suppliers’ score card assessment, development and selection).
• Proven track record negotiating high-level supply contracts, agreements, and organizational partnerships & alliances.
• Export & Import Compliance Process Development and Management (C-TPAT, Global Supply Chain Risk, Reverse logistics, and Duty Draw Back)
• Supply Chain Analytics and optimization technologies including ERP SAP, T-SQL, Tableau, and Web- based front-end tools and dashboards.