Mobile : +966-**-******* E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Skype id : justincherian3
A seasoned business leader with nineteen years of International retail exposure (into various formats such as department and Large format) including Luxury retail in India & the GCC Countries. . Passionate retailer, proactive and result driven with significant retail start ups and business revival exposure. An individual who attracts and retains talents, developing teams to contribute and add value to the bottom line with a clear sense of direction to delivering outstanding levels of customer service.
CORE COMPETENCIES THAT I BRING WITH ME:
* Team Building
* New Showroom Set-up
* Brand building
* Loyalty and CRM
* Cross Promotion
* Trouble shooting
* Specialty Marketing
* Training and Staff Development
* Vendor Management
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT :(RETAIL DOMAIN).
ASTRA GROUP OF COMPANIES (SACO L.L.C.) SAUDI ARABIA
RETAIL MANAGER: (LARGE FORMAT RETAIL): Since June – 2017.
SACO is one of the largest Home and DIY retailer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This concept houses the largest collection of every day needs to every home. From the basic furnishing (house-ware, Kitchen, Garden, Soft furnishings, electrical appliances, hardware, Plumbing, Lighting, Automotive accessories), Furniture (indoor and outdoor) to accessories fulfilling all needs of a DIY concept.
Reporting to the GM – Group. Presently handling the franchise concept of SACO at Tabuk (retail space : 2800Sq. Mts) specifically as mentioned below:
1.Sales and Commercial Performance
• Prepare and participate in the preparation of sales budget.
• Maximize sales and profitability.
• Maximize productivity targets (sales per sqft, Conversion etc).
• Formulate and implement retail strategies & procedures in discussion with the Territory Head.
• Control costs within budgetary guidelines.
• Identify internal and external commercial opportunities.
• Ensure effective Stock and Space Management.
• Conduct SWOT review to analyze the customer profile.
• Provide monthly feedback on competitor and event activities.
• Suggest improvements based on benchmark practices.
2.Operational Standards and Management
• Prepare Territory operating plan (new store, seasonal and store) and ensure effective implementation.
• Ensure all the store is in compliance with the store operating and customer service standards.
• Ensure that store is in compliance with the company policy on employment and state laws, H & S standards.
• Ensure that the store portrays the company image & Brand in all aspects of presentation and adheres to the company dress code as laid out by the Company.
• Ensure that store sales, promotions are planned effectively, executed and promptly and maintained professionally.
3.Inventory Management & Stock Distribution
• Ensure effective Inventory and Warehouse management for the store ( order management, stock consolidation, movement and transfer, optimum stock utilization, stock return and shrinkage).
• Review and analyze stock and sales reports monitoring over and under stocks, implementing corrective action to be taken.
• Review and effectively deal with FSN, new ranges and end of ranges and implement necessary action
• Ensure pricing of merchandise as per norms and matrix format.
• Provision of monthly feedback on sales, stock positions and product feedback.
4.Business Management & Development
• Strategize and seek opportunity for concept expansion in the territory- Properties.
• Understand Territory dynamics (demographics, consumer behavior, market understanding etc.).
• Manage and support in team recruitment.
• Ensure that all new recruits understand their job and inducted well within the company.
• Assist Asst. Store Manager and Supervisors in grievance handling and disciplinary actions.
• Ensure skill development of showroom staffs through Learning & Development.
• Monitor and appraise the performance of retail staffs and developing individual career plans.
• Set KRA's for direct reports and conduct performance appraisal.
• Oversee staff deployment and drive motivation levels of the direct reportees.
Successfully concluded FY2017 with(EBIDTA) growth of 33.4% and FY 2018 with (EBIDTA) growth of 22,13%.
Reduced shrinkage to 0.93%. Reduced attrition to the lowest in the entire group.
Developed SOP’s, BOP’s & training manuals for staffs and regular review of the same.
Successfully implemented the Saudization policy of the government so as to fulfill the 70% Saudi rule in Home retail.
EMIRATES SPACE COMPANY L.L.C. – SAUDI ARABIA
GENERAL MANAGER: (RETAIL START-UP) November – 2014 to March 2015.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (officially designated as a General Manager) and functioning as a Business Head of the group and responsible for the set up of the first up market mall of the group in Al Safwa (near Dammam) which would cater to about 35 retail brand and about 52 residential apartments.
Since my employer could not obtain work permit for any of its employees; for want of statutory requirements, (I was forced to remain in KSA illegally beyond the permitted period) I had returned to India in March – 2015 and decided not to go back without a valid work permit.
AKR GROUP OF COMPANIES – CHENNAI –INDIA.
GENERAL MANAGER - AKR Home Depot Pvt. Ltd. (LARGE FORMAT RETAIL)May-2009 to August 2014.
Setting up of retail outlet of building material (TMT, Structural’s, Cement, Paint, Roofing, Tiles, Sanitary ware, CP Fittings, Furniture, Timber, Doors etc.). Reporting to the Chairman and responsible for this startup, brand building, its expansion and P & L. Total retail footprint: 2.35 Lakhs Sq. Ft.acrossChennai, Tirunelveli, Hosur, Tuticorin & Thirkhazukundram.
Led the start up and expanded the concepts to six retail outlets. Manage the Annual Business plan for the brand.
Responsible for the P & L of the concept and to assist branch manager’s to achieve his store EBITDA.
Annual turnover of Rs. 162 to 165 Crores per annum. Achieved average YOY growth of 18.2%.
Developed SOP’s, BOP’s & training manuals for staffs and regular review of the same.
Daily turnover of about Rs. 52 Lakhs (Rs. 39.8 Lakhs through whole sale and Rs. 12.3 Lakhs through retail).
Achieved a breakeven point in the 30th month of operations (ie. 2nd quarter of the 3rd year of operations).
Initiated and implemented concept of CRM and Loyalty programs for the Engineers, Builder and Architects.
Initiated recruitment, training and development of the team. Implemented the ‘train the trainer’ in the second year of operation (responsible for 12 managers who inturn handle about 64 staffs across Tamilnadu).
Successful in creating the concept USP as ‘One Stop Shop for All Construction Needs’.
Elevated as a General Manager of the parent company AKR Holdings Ltd., since April 2013.
Handled the parent company (Holding company) thereby handling the group companies. Responsible for the group companies into Retail, Trading, Logistics, Power generation, Asset stripping & Real estate.
Spearheaded the group to a turn over of Rs. 404 Crores. With the Chairman led the group through due diligence process in an effort to merge with a listed company (which would spearhead the group to new heights.
JOYALUKKAS L.L.C.– DUBAI - UAE.
GENERAL MANAGER –Corporate Business Joyalukkas Jewellery L.L.C. March 2006 to March 2008.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Chairman, functioning as a GM - Corporate Business&assisting the Retail business development across The GCC with the core objective of elevating the brand and achieving its Annual Business Plan.
Achieved an average growth of 23% on YOY sale for two consecutive years.
Initiated (B2B) programs in an effort to initiate ATL seasonal promotions or BTL cross-promotions.
Achieved an improvement of footfall to about 31% in the third year of my association with the organization.
Assisted its expansion plans (through customer mapping) which in turn lead to new showroom opening in UAE, Oman and Kuwait.
Other successful global corporate brand building exercises or CRM exercise that I was a part of include:
oEvent promotion-FIFA World cup-2006 (GCC) association with Coca Cola & McDonald’s.
oCSR activities like environment campaigns, blood donations, Amnesty assistance, Social masswedding’s, health care
awareness campaigns and other social events.
oSuccessfully launched Co- Branding exercise with the EPPCO & ENOC during the 2008 DSF with a brand exposure to about 33 million customers across various nationalities.
oCross promotion with Sri Lankan Airlines in Oman – September – 2007.
oSuccessful in launching gold gift / reward schemes in the corporate segment for their Employees.
Was a member who worked towards achieving of the ‘LOCAL RETAILER OF THE YEAR – 2005-2006’.
GENERAL MANAGER - JoyAlukkas Center L.L.C.(DEPARTMENT CONCEPT - RETAIL) Mar- 2005 to Mar- 2006.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Setting up the retail concept (Department Concept: Apparel, Cosmetics, Perfumes, Watches, Luggage, Footwear & Accessories etc).
Successfully launched the first ‘Wedding Concept’ (lifestyle concept) in the gulf region single handed.Set up and handling all verticals like : Statutory requirements, Recruitment, Training & development, Vendor management, Sourcing, Visual Merchandising (including display and layout), Sales and Marketing etc.
HOME CENTRE L.L.C.- DUBAI –UAE.
SHOWROOM MANAGER (LARGE FORMAT RETAIL) February – 2003 to February -2005.
Reporting to the COO, Responsible for P&L of the flagship stores of the company ‘Dubai- Oasis Centre’ with 102
staffs of various nationalities manning a retail space of about 64,000 Sq.Ft.
Handled multistore operation at different Emirates; having handled new showroom set up functions.
Responsible for the P&L of the concept. Total number of SKU’s handled - 28,000 to 30,000.
First to initiate and develop the concept of CRM and Customer Mapping in Home Centre as a activity department.
Successful in achieving ‘DUBAI SERVICE FOR EXCELLENCE -2003’for my branch.
Involved in the expansion programs at the ‘MALL OF THE EMIRATES’ and ‘REEF MALL’.
Successful in achieving a 36% growth in turnover in my first year of service.
Elevated to M1 Grade in a span of eight months of service (happens in exceptional case).
CIE LTD. – INDIA
MANAGER–(LIAISION) MARKETING: (DEPARTMENT–RETAIL) May–1999 to February – 2003.
. Luxury Home Furnishings & Home Décor including apparel, cosmetics, perfumes, traditional household goods etc.
Reporting to the Regional Manager on a daily basis and the Chairman with the core responsibility of the business development activity of the location. Core focus was to liaise with Guides, Travel Agents, Tour Leaders and Tour Escorts
to visit the showrooms to facilitate footfall and ultimately business.
New branch set up in the port city of Kochi and expanded it to four outlets in three years of operations.
New branch set up at Goa (Retail Floor Size of 94,000 sq. Ft.).
Responsible for the P&L of the concept. Volume of business handled: INR. 8-9 Crore / season / location.
OTHER (EMPLOYMENT) DOMAIN :
DIALTONE HOTLINE SERVICES.CHENNAI, INDIA.
AREA MANAGER OPERATIONS: (BPO – SERVICE) March – 1996 to May –1999.
Professional Qualification : PGDBA from LIBA (Loyola Institute of Business Administration) – Chennai, (three years course equivalent to an MBA) in Marketing. (2002).
Masters : M.Sc. – Psychology – University of Madras. (2010).
Graduation : B.Sc. – Botany (First Class). Loyola College – Chennai (1992).
Schooling : Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School – Egmore - Chennai.
ASSOCIATION WITH CLUBS:
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND FOR NATURE - Chennai : 1993 to –1994.
‘Preservation of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve’. Project Coordinator. Kerala, Waynad.
UNIVERSITY UNION ATHLETIC CLUB – Chennai. : 1989 – 1994. I presently act a as a mentor to the juniors who train under the banner of the club in my hometown.
MADRAS BOAT CLUB – Chennai. 1992 – 1993.
OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION:
FATHERS NAME : JACOB CHERIAN
DEPENDANTS : Wife and son.
PASSPORT NUMBER : K 2237560.
DRIVING LICENSE : UAE & INDIA. (UAE license needs renewal).
LANGUAGES KNOWN : English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and basic Arabic.
HOBBIES : Physical Fitness, Cooking, Gardening, Music and DIY.