SUBRATA SANKAR SEN GUPTA
MOB. : # +919*********
RES. : # +919*********
E-MAI :email@example.com/ SKYPE : subrata_sengupta LINKED IN :in.linkedin.com/pub/subrata-sankar-sen-gupta/17/407/169/ PROFILE:
A dynamic, results-oriented Hotelier, offering focused leadership to drive standardized service, profitability and sales in highly competitive market. Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative, competent knowledge and expertise in operations with the intrinsic & extrinsic qualities to the best of my abilities. Experienced in Luxury & Boutique Hotels & Resorts Operations over 22 years with pre-opening experience at 5* Deluxe Chain in India and overseas with facilities featuring modern High End Accommodations, multiple F & B Outlets (Nightclubs, Bar & Lounge, Fine Dining etc.), Butler Service, Extensive Facilities for Events, Golf, Spa, Water Sports, Amusement Park, Water Park, Boating, Dune Bashing etc. Possess strong analytical, organizational and creative skills and ability to motivate and co-ordinate effectively with people from different cultures. A Team leader and player, motivator, problem solver and decision maker with a proven track record of managing teams for up to 300+ and senior-level experience in executive decision-making and crisis management and committed to the highest level of professional and personal excellence in business development, service delivery and excellence. Planned and implemented infrastructure, development and expansion of operations. EXPOSURES:
• General Manager at Chocolate Hotels Pvt. Ltd. (Corporate Operations) India – Aug 2019 – till date,
• Resort Manager& Acting General Manager at 1000 Nights, Oman - Dec. 2015 to Aug. 2019, reported to Managing Director at a prestigious award- winning boutique resort with more than 98% of footfalls from European countries.
• Senior Manager Operations at Chocolate Hotels Pvt. Ltd. India - Feb. 2012 to Oct 2015, deputed at various Pan India properties including luxury property operations.
• Manager Catering at Zulekha Group (accredited by Dubai Quality Program) - UAE -Aug. 2010 to Dec. 2011 at Dubai & Sharjah units
• Head of Food & Beverage at Soliman Fakeeh Group- Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Jan 2009 to June 2010. Responsible for a 5* deluxe set up of 500 rooms & Club Operations.
• Assistant Manager Food & Beverage Service at Nicco Parks & Resorts Ltd, India - Feb. 2007 to Nov. 2008. In charge of Events & Catering Operations.
• Deputy Catering Manager at “Doha Asian Games Organizing Committee (DAGOC)”, Qatar - Sep. 2006 to Dec. 2006, Supervised the catering of Royal Protocols & V.I.P. Service
• Senior Outlet Manager at Hotel Hindustan International (a 5* deluxe hotel chain) - India - July 2005 to Aug. 2006, In charge of Fine Dine Restaurant, Bar & Nightclub.
• Senior Captain (Senior F & B Supervisor) -at The Park Hotels (a 5* deluxe hotel chain and member of small leading and design hotels of the world) - India from March 1997 to June 2005. During this tenure supervised services at Specialty Restaurant, Bar & Nightclub, Banquet, Room Service and Butler Service.
• Catering Supervisor at “Continental Catering Services - India from Sep. 1994 to Feb. 1997 while pursuing Hotel Management. This was an evening assignment and was responsible to supervise the Catering Services for V.I.P. Indoor, Outdoor including River Cruise Catering. ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Resort Manager for Winner of Luxury Desert Camp – Global at The World Luxury Hotel Award 2019.
• Gold winner for the Personnel Improvement Project (Quality improvements) for Quality Week 2009 at Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Personal category gold winner and member of Gold Winner Catering Team of 15th Doha Asian Games Organizing Committee - 2006.
• Appreciation letters from Head of Catering & 15th Asian Games Organizing Committee - 2006, Managing Director, Vice President, Regional H.R. Manager, and Director - Food & Beverages & Food & Beverage Manager for smooth operation, performance and achieving high financial targets.
• Senior Captain (Senior Food & Beverage Supervisor) from Captain on assisting successful opening and operation of Tantra - a premier happening Nightclub at The Park Hotels during March 2004.
• Captain (Food & Beverage Supervisor) from Food & Beverage Assistant in November 1999 on being successful at The Park Group of Hotels Employees’ Evaluation Program.
• Mastered Executive MBA with specialization in Hospitality Management at Academy of Business Management Studies certified by ANAB (National Accreditation Board of USA) through BSI (British Standard Institution) in the session 2012 – 2014.
• Graduated 3 yrs. Diploma in Hotel Management, Food Science & Catering Technology at National Institute of Professional Studies (N.I.P.S.), Salt Lake under All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India in the session 1994 - 1997. SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Commercial awareness of own product & services and how it competes in its marketplace.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills related to customer service.
• Committed Team Leader and Team Player with a proven track record that is helping all to achieve goals and business objectives.
• Negotiation and persuasion.
• Problem solving from different perspectives.
• Leadership by assigning and delegating tasks well, setting deadlines and leading by good example.
• Prioritize work efficiently and productively on time. A very good understanding of deadlines and delivering commitments.
• Perseverance and motivation though working life presents many challenges and stay positive during toughest of shifts.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Results-oriented with a can-do attitude and an inexorable drive for success.
• Skilled at finding innovative solutions to constantly changing business needs.
• Experienced in multitasking many different projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high attention to quality and detail.
• Enthusiastic and strong eye for details.
• Proficient in all inventory management systems, with the ability to quickly learn new software and processes.
• Confident in myself, colleagues and organization I work PERSONAL DETAILS:
Date of Birth : 03.04.1972
Nationality : Indian
Passport No : S3092250, valid till 20.01.2028
Marital Status : Married
Father’s Name : Late Mr. Pijush Sankar Sen Gupta
Languages Known : English, Bengali, Hindi & Arabic (basics) EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY:
• Social Service, Voluntary blood donor & ex member of National Cadet Corps.
• Member of South Point High School Adventure Sports (boating, cycling, hiking, trekking & rock climbing). REFERENCES:
1. Mr. Amit Jaitly (Former Reporting Manager)
Director of Operations
The Biltmore, Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts
Contact # +447*********.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com 2. Mr. Ashish Gosain (Ex Colleague)
Multi-Property General Manager
Contact # +351*********.
3. Dr. Nilay Chatterjee (Guest)
Yeovil District Hospital
Higher Kingston, Yeovil, Somerset BA21 4AT. UK.
Contact # +447*********.