Miguel J Rodriguez
Pembroke Pines, Florida 954-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
• Led the program management team to have 100% of the technical requirements in approved state in JAMA software before Product Lock date.
• Led the distribution for all Magic Leap 1 prototype equivalence to all stakeholders in the company within 48 hours of devices being built.
• Led all electrical distribution projects from design to construction within Florida Power & Light territory in Plantation, Florida while adhering to the electrical design standards and procedures required by the state of Florida.
• Led the drafter and machine shop team at Ametek to increase the production of the tools by more than 100% by expediting the process and simplifying designing techniques. WORK EXPERIENCE
Magic Leap Plantation, FL
Associate Project Manager November 2018 – Present
• Plan and distribute new prototype devices to multiple teams across the company based on the priority provided in the build plan.
• Develop a process to refurbish returned devices to make them available to customers. In return, saving company internal revenue. Develop and Support a life tracking tool with Tableau that communicates directly with Magic Tracker.
• Develop and Support a life-tracking tool with Tableau that communicates directly with Magic Tracker.
• Subject matter expert for JAMA, assisting Project Managers and Technical Leads.
• Support and facilitate cross functional teams across the hardware team to have all technical and product requirements in JAMA to meet product lock.
• Develop and support a change control process within the JAMA tool. NextEra Energy Miami, FL
Engineer II – LED Street Light Designer July 2018 – November 2018
• Designed and converted LED street lights under the Regulated Tariff LT-1.
• Reviewed development plans and designed the backbone for large scale projects for the installation of LED street lights.
• Worked and negotiated with governmental and general contractors to obtain permits and easements.
• Managed and prioritized multiple developing and on-going projects. NextEra Energy Fort Lauderdale, FL
Associate Engineer – Project Manager June 2016 – July 2018
• Reviewed development plans and negotiate with architects, developers, municipalities, property management companies, and homeowners.
• Coordinated meetings and discussions with government officials, industry specialists, professional engineering/ consulting firms, general contractors, and corporate sector representatives.
• Analyzed customer plans for new or expanding installations to determine voltage, demand, load factor, project revenue, and proper metering equipment.
• Designed distribution facilities and estimate costs of work order, while utilizing FPL’s computer-based systems, to provide electric service and increase reliability.
• Coordinated construction work with applicant’s schedule as well as other FPL departments to prevent service delays and improve customer satisfaction.
The Boeing Company Everett, WA
Tool Engineering Intern May 2015 – August 2015
• Supported the 767 liaison tooling team by evaluating, and resolving tool engineering problems encountered in the super panel, section 46 of the Tanker program.
• Performed engineering analysis for various 767 concept tool designs to determine their performance in the production process.
• Supported the 767-300F and -2C tooling and engineering team in developing new strategies and approaches regarding the dagger fittings.
The Boeing Company Everett, WA
Tool Engineering Intern May 2014 – August 2014
• Researched processes and documentation used at various sites regarding tool preventive maintenance.
• Finished and updated profiles for aluminum and steel tools; added tool specs to internal company website.
• Used 3-D printer to redesign and create tools in accordance with company’s 3-D initiative. General Electric Appliance Louisville, KY
Structural Design Co-op January 2014 –May 2014
• Designed a grommet and installation tool for washing machines, focusing on strength, efficiency, and cost- effectiveness.
• Tested and modified the profile of a single-action agitator using six sigma methodology with a focus on ease of production and expenses.
• Designed assigned parts using Creo Parametric 2.0. AMETEK Miami, FL
Research and Development Engineer Intern July 2013 –October 2013/ January 2016- June 2016
• Researched, planned, and designed of mechanical products using metrology tools.
• Assisted drafter in developing structural design of products while adhering to FAA requirements.
• Increased the production of the tools by more than 100% by expediting the process and simplifying design techniques.
Florida International University (FIU) Miami, FL
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Graduation: May 2016 Engineering GPA: 3.43
American Society of Mechanical Engineers Miami, FL Student Member: January 2012 –Present
• Worked as part of a senior design group with an objective to make a Lunabotic robot.
• Assisted with internet research and planning project. Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Miami, FL Inducted Member: August 2012 – Present
• SHPE Junior Officer 2013-2014.
• College Captain in Viva Technology
• Led a team of 10 high school students on three engineering projects. Other
Computer Skills: Proficient in SolidWorks, Creo Parametric 2.0 and CATIA V5 Professional Achievements: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Awards: Bright Futures Medallion Award and Dean’s List. Languages: Fluent in Spanish.