Accomplished technology and business leader with an extensive portfolio of success across BI, analytics, software engineering, and project management. Reputation for finely honed decision-making, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills. Proven history guiding senior management teams as lead software engineer and Power BI architect on mission critical data systems. Special expertise in the areas of advanced analytics, data warehousing, data visualization, machine learning, and big data. Guide top-performing teams and streamline workflow to enhance efficiency and reduce processing times and costs; deliver innovative solutions to meet changing business needs. Core leadership competencies:
2019-02 - Current
Lead Software Engineer (III)/Power BI Architect
C H ROBINSON CORPORATION, Eden Prairie, MN
On-boarded to drive and support the BI and analytics platform for information technology, overseeing application design, dashboard analysis, KPI development, and data security/integrity. Designed KPIs, scorecards and dashboard in Power BI data architecture, Power BI cloud services, and Power BI reporting services. Created aggregate and data analysis expression (DAX) function for Power BI users. Identified and resolved high priority incidents. Developed and validated reports using approved technologies. Set clear goals for stakeholders and C-suite leadership. Partnered with cross-functional teams to implement and optimize analytics and reporting tools to maximize service levels. Showcased exceptional ability to develop non-complex, highly functional, user-friendly reports and systems that met business needs.
• Resolved an 8-hour lag time by measuring KPIs, assessing dashboards and providing analyses and recommendations that enabled real-time data, information accessibility, and new product functionality.
• Leveraged deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary architecture concepts, industry trends, and best practices, offering the innate ability to assess organizational needs.
2016-01 - 2019-02
Lead Enterprise Data Science, Analytics & Business
Target Corporation, Brooklyn Park, MN
Administered and directed multiple descriptive and predictive analytics, C-level reporting/monitoring tools, and financial retail service reporting projects from concept to closeout. Collaborated with IT security teams to enhance users' access and security across reporting platform. Managed controls and monitoring mechanism projects for financial and collection compliance tracking. Strategized on data and processes from sources system to the data warehouse to report to Tableau and Domo. Collaborated with business leaders on cross-functional projects to streamline business processes and workload by automating reporting solutions. As lead developer and consultant, utilized Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, .NET, SAS, and Domo. Cultivated vendor relations.
• Championed the execution of 9 migration projects and 16 objectives and key results (OKR), with a key focus on reporting dashboards, credit transaction disputes, large cash transactions, and bankruptcy information. Results:
- Validated transactions over $5K vs. prior $10K threshold.
- Resolved the measurement of guest priority call routing, providing accurate targeting, frequent updates, and real-time data availability.
- Enabled the transformation of the close loop gift card issuance dashboard report.
2015-01 - 2016-01
Business Intelligence Lead Developer/Interim Manager
Ditech Financial LLC, ST PAUL, MN
Led a team of 12 business analysts and developers to ensure delivery of high-level engagement projects that required data mining, analysis, and reporting/dashboard development. Performed data analysis to identify relevant trends and data quality issues, conducted analysis and formulated recommendations to leadership. Monitored projects' status and delivered presentations to senior management. Served as subject matter expert for internal clients performing analyses and visual reporting design. Conducted all aspects of training, mentoring, coaching, and development of team.
• Evaluated systems and identified infrastructure constraints and friction points; implemented change to optimize efficiency.
• Revitalized business analytics and reporting platforms; improved existing reports and monitoring functions that enabled low- and high-level reporting tools.
2014-01 - 2015-01
Analytics Consultant 3
WELLS FARGO CAPITAL MARKETS, Eagan, MN
Consulted with clients in capital markets to identify and define business requirements and business needs of complex analysis designs and recommendations. Managed the design of statistical and financial analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, and comparative analysis. Interpreted results and recommended solutions to increase revenue, reduce expenses, and maximize operating efficiency.
• Streamlined data issues to provide solutions and benchmarks for loan borrower processes.
• Stayed abreast of all North American trends, readily implementing industry best practices, including document principles, policies, standards, and governance processes, while considering security, performance, scalability, and reliability.
2010-01 - 2014-01
Advisor Business Intelligence Developer
Dell Corporation, Eden Prairie, MN
Developed tools within the Microsoft BI stack, including Visual Studio.net, SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS and MS SharePoint. Launched standards and best practices throughout the SDLC for data warehousing, SSAS, and BI development. Directed all aspects of data architecture, software development methodology, and reporting. Performed technical walkthroughs and code reviews. Led the implementation of Microsoft Analysis Services. Partnered with stakeholder and experts to prototype, refine, test, and debug solutions. Managed and mentored junior programmers. Devised test plans, including individual unit test plans and system test plans.
• Architected and designed relational and multidimensional data marts, online analytical processing (OLAP), web interfaces, dashboards, and scorecards to enhance organizational reporting and analytics.
2009-01 - 2010-01
Application System Engineer - Contractor
Wells Fargo, Minneapolis, MN
Supported SQL Server database engine, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) projects to completion. Formulated solutions based on functional specifications, administering the build, testing, deployment, and maintenance lifecycle. Designed database using SQL Server Management Studio, implementation, and support functions, administering security implementation and backup management. Designed, tested, implemented, and maintained efficient ETL's using control and data flow translations and multi-dimensional cubes from various input sources to serve output analytics and reporting needs.
• Developed vast knowledge of data warehousing and other BI software concepts and products.
• Showcased expertise working with complex architecture frameworks to support this organization with multiple business units, geographic areas, and systems footprint across numerous technologies.
2011-01 - 2018-05
Master of Science: Data Science
University of St Thomas - St Paul
2002-01 - 2007-05
Bachelor of Science: Management Information Systems
Alabama A & M University - Normal, AL
AWS Solution Architect
SENIOR-LEVEL LEADERSHIP DATA ANALYTICS ● BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) ● PROJECT MANAGEMENT ● DATA SCIENCE
16099 IODINE ST NW
RAMSEY, MN, 55303
Best Practices – Workflow Streamlining – Software Development Lifecycle – Data Transformation – IT Infrastructure – Oracle BI Data Integration – Targeted Marketing – Data Security – Requirements Gathering – System Transformations – Road Mapping Data Architecture Management – Strategic Planning – Project Management – Process Optimization – Capability Planning
Databases: SQL Server 208/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2, Teradata, Aqua Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau
Programming & Tools: VB.NET, CCL, XML, HTML, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL, C++, API.NET, DML, Software & Tools, Visio Professional FrontPage, Crystal Reports, SQL*Loader, Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains Microsoft Server R2, SharePoint, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Power Designer Data Model, Power BI, Tableau, SAS Enterprise Miner Domo, SAP Hana, Amazon AWS, Cloudera Platform, Hadoop Transfer Files System, NoSQL, Advanced Hive, Advance Pig Advance HBase, Advance Neo4j, Big Data Architecture, Big Data Management, SAS, R-Studio Programming, MongoDB