Stillwater, OK 74075 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/asitha-lakmal-4589a117a TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Tools: Python, SAS, R, SQL, Tableau, and MS Excel
• Python Libraries: Statsmodels, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn, Scipy, and NumPy
• Techniques: Simple and Multi linear Regression, Logistic Regression, K-Means, SVM, and KNN EDUCATION
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics Graduation: December 2019 Oklahoma State University - Stillwater, OK GPA: 3.9 Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics Graduation: December 2011 University of Kelaniya - Sri Lanka GPA: 3.1
Research Experience January 2018 - December 2019
Oklahoma State University - Stillwater, OK
• Analyzed special solutions to Navier-Stokes equations.
• Analyzed numerical solutions to heat equation using finite-element and finite-difference methods applying Python.
• Earned experience in matrix decompositions using Python. Graduate Teaching Assistant August 2017 - December 2019 Oklahoma State University - Stillwater, OK
• Solved mathematical problems and explained mathematical concepts for Business Calculus.
• Coordinated and communicated with undergraduate students to develop and manage projects in Business Calculus. Production Planner March 2013 - July 2015
Brandix Intimate Apparel - Sri Lanka
• Prepared monthly production plans using Fast React planning tool.
• Analyzed overall production, logistic and cutting data using MS Excel.
• Ensured that production ran smoothly by handling errors and process failures. CERTIFICATIONS
Applied Data Science with Python Certificate August 2019 - January 2020 University of Michigan on Coursera (3 courses)
• Analyzed and visualized 2019 crime data of Austin, USA using Python.
• Completed a project for data visualization regarding Oklahoma tornado data using Python.
• Completed intermediate level courses of Python, SQL, data visualization, and machine learning. Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization Certificate November 2019 - January 2020 University of California, Davis on Coursera (4 courses)
• Completed beginner level courses of Tableau to create visualizations and dashboards. SQL Basics for Data Science Specialization Certificate November 2019 - January 2020 University of California, Davis on Coursera (3 courses)
• Completed intermediate level courses of SQL, data wrangling, SQL analysis, AB testing, and distributed computing using Spark SQL.
• Completed a project by creating two binary metrics for a business data set and used AB test to calculate lifts and p-values.
• Created a scikit-learn logistic regression model for San Francisco fire-calls data set and applied it using Spark SQL. IBM Data Science Professional Certificate March 2019 - August 2019 IBM on Coursera (8 courses)
• Completed beginner level courses of Python, databases, SQL, data visualization, data analysis, and machine learning.