email@example.com AKSHAY KUMAR +1-469-***-****
• 6+ years of experience in Supply chain optimization, logistics control, inventory management, material management, sourcing and procurement
• Certified in Transportation and Logistics (CTL) -APICS, Six Sigma Green Belt, Contact Sourcing and Negotiation, and 7 Quality Control Tools
• Microsoft Office Suite: MS Excel (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, VBA), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, MS Access
• Data Analytics and design software: Tableau, Qlik View, Power BI, AutoCAD
• ERP and Database: SAP MM, SAP PP, SAP Sourcing, SAP BW, SAP APO, Advanced SQL, Oracle R12
• Academic Coursework: Demand & Revenue Management, Global Supply Chain Management, Global Logistics, Product Lifecycle Management Education
University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas GPA: 3.92
Master of Science, Supply Chain Management 2017 – 2019 Awards: Dean’s Excellence scholarship-2017,2018
Graduate Teaching Assistant – Operations Management; Statistics & Data Analytics Aug 2018 – Dec 2018 Organizations: Secretary-Enactus, Officer- SAP User’s Group, Member-APICS University of Mumbai, India GPA: 3.60
Bachelor of Engineering, Automobile Engineering 2007 – 2011 LOA for Detail Oriented, Quick learner, Strong work ethics, Excellent Communication skills, Strong Problem-Solving Experience
Maryland Judiciary Annapolis, Maryland
Procurement Specialist/Analyst Aug 2019 – Ongoing
• Performed descriptive analysis on procurement transaction data using SQL and advance excel to decrease the total encumbrance balance (Purchase order balance) by 20%.
• Assist in Procure to Pay to drive productivity while improving PR, PO, GR, IR & AP efficiency, via visibility of indirect spend for cost reduction.
• Initiated the program to optimize the copier maintenance plan using lean six sigma tools to reduce the overall copier cost by 30%.
• Evaluated, prepared and develops solicitations including constructing RFPs, PORFP, and IFBs for goods and services aligned with the Judiciary procurement policies, administered contracts and leases ranging in value from $3,000 to $60 million. Stryker Corporation- Dallas, Texas
Student Consultant - Product Development Team Aug 2018 – Dec2018
• Implemented a value stream map, created process flow chart and, checklist for various sourcing processes, using lean-Six sigma tools like SIPOC, risk and control matrixes.
• Performed safety stock analysis, obsolete and new product introduction demand planning for Stryker’s new product development team. Honda Cars India Rajasthan, India
Strategic sourcing Manager ` Feb 2014 – June 2017
• Led quality activities for 12 suppliers that involved part approval, calculating total cost of ownership, and process capability evaluation on QCDMS.
• Evaluated supplier’s metrics based on the on-time delivery, quality and cost to create. Maintained an overall 60+ supplier scorecard.
• Initiated the program to develop and localize supplier for copper items, making an overall saving of $30,000/year in the body shop operation cost.
• Studied technical specifications, coordinated with the supplier, and optimized online processes to reduce the sealer waste by 8%, with an overall saving of approximately $35,000/year.
• Negotiated with vendors, created rate contracts, achieved cost savings of $120,000 against the target of $70,000
• Performed process improvement audits at supplier site to improve the line OEE from 65 to 71%
• Created a demand plan & optimized the safety stock for 300 items using statistical forecast techniques in SAP APO; maintained MRP data on Material masters in SAP (PP & MM) to reduce demand variabilities and inventory
• Reduced inventory shrinks levels from 2.6% to under 1.0% of COGS and maintained shrink percentage over the last 3 years.
• Implemented visual Kanban system for raw material inventory, improving inventory accuracy by 22%
• Planned logistics for more than 10 welding workstations, created Gantt Charts using MS project and scheduled critical paths using CPM to achieve 3
% reduction in the delivery time.
Honda Cars India-Executive Engineer (Supply Chain) March 2012 – Feb 2014
• Planned and ordered spares for welding robots, PLC’s, pneumatic guns, conveyors with 90% forecasting accuracy
• Performed spend analysis to optimize the processes with 4% reduction in variable and inventory holding costs.
• Created Tableau dashboard to highlight department MCR ideas, indirect spend saving, tariff and risk mitigation scorecard
• Implemented quality tools (7 QC tools), standardized processes and improved manpower skill to improve body accuracy of BIW” BRV (Car) from 63% to 83% and increase gross direct pass ratio (GDPR) of line by 15%.
• Performed root cause analysis of the blended data using SQL queries to decrease the rejection level of manufacturing parts by 8%
• Created dashboards in Power BI for my superiors to showcase KPIs on excessive inventory and obsolete stock
• Led a cross functional team of 10 associates in the supplier risk assessment project for first tire suppliers.
• Developed in-house kaizens (Continuous improvement), standardized assembly parts and performed contract negotiations to reduce the cost of manufacturing components by 6%, resulting in a saving of $7000/year
• Managed the inventory of worth $2.3 million, by implementing Kanban, JIT, ABC analysis, executed bin allocation and barcode system and integrated it with real-time oracle interface
• Created production forecasts and plans based on sale forecasts, historical usage and product trends. Achieved 82% forecast accuracy compared to actual demand.