RUDRAXI MITRA MAJUMDAR
Portland State University, Portland, OR
Certificate of Business Intelligence and Analytics Sep 2017 - October 2018
St. John’s University, Jamaica, NY
Master of Science in Data Mining and Predictive Analytics Aug 2016 - May 2017
State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY Master of Science in Economics
Aug 2013 - May 2015
State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude Honors
Jan 2009 - Dec 2012
Thermo Fisher (contracted by Compunnel Inc.), Hillsboro, OR Feb 2019 – Nov 2019 R&D Intern in Global Portfolio Group, Dr. Scott Haight
• Analyzed business data to calculate project phase, state, duration and last update date using Power BI
• Modeled the lead BU contribution
• Devised DAX code to model and identify other BU allocations
• Identified disconnected projects in database using Power BI
• Identified incomplete projects using Pareto Chart in Power BI
• Modeled the time horizon of projects in a Matrix visual in Power BI
• Formulated T-SQL query to identify projects’ last improvement and update
• Composed design rules for the Power BI report to ensure quality and consistency Cornell University, Ithaca, NY June 2017 - Aug 2017 Intern in Statistical Analytics, Dr. Johanne Pelletier
• R programming in Econometric Analytics for Agricultural Economic data in Africa UNICEF, New York, NY Aug 2015 - Dec 2015
Intern, Mr. George Adjei Laryea
• Conducted literature review in children’s health, education and inequality New York State Assembly, Albany, NY Jan 2011 - May 2011 Intern, Mr. Mark J. F. Schroeder
• Conducted legislative research for over-the-counter birth control pills COURSE/RESEARCH PROJECTS
SQL course in Udemy
• Used SQL keywords, such as select, alter, insert into, update, from, and, or, having, order by, where, etc. to create tables and retrieve query
Factors that affect current account balance in USA using SAS and Excel Advisor: Prof. Hiro Ito, Portland State University
• Found that crude oil imports to total real imports ratio and terms of trade growth and real GDP growth rates are significant in influencing current account balance in the US.
• Budget balance to real GDP ratio and real trade-weighted exchange rate are insignificant in influencing current account balance in the US.
Gun violence project using Tableau
Prof. David Gerbing, Portland State University
• Visualized data in Tableau to demonstrate casualties of gun violence. Spring 2018
Data analysis project in R
Prof. David Gerbing, Portland State University
• Created bar graph, line graph, box-plot, correlation plot, time-series plot.
• Formulated forecast of series, map of location, and Confidence Interval at 95%. Spring 2018
Trimet’s opportunities to use data to increase ridership Prof. Ketan Sampat, Portland State University
• Analyzed TriMet ridership and identified data sources.
• Implemented data visualization technique to discover change in ridership trend. Spring 2018
Page 2 of 2
Toyota’s operation as a multinational company
Prof. Charles Grant, Portland State University
• Examined why Toyota is a multinational company with the help of a theoretical model.
• Performed theoretical analysis to examine why Toyota is outsourcing its activities. Fall 2017
Data visualization of houses in King County using Tableau Prof. Fazel Ishtekar, St. John’s University, New York, NY Spring 2017
• Designed and developed data visualization of house prices and types of houses in King county. Econometric analysis of factors that affect interest rate using R Prof. Manuel Russon, St. John's University
• Developed a regression model to predict the interest rates of US economy. Does Republican presidency affect stock prices?
Prof. Norris J. Larrymore, St. John’s University, New York, NY Fall 2016
• Analyzed the effect of stock prices for two different periods of presidency o Small technology companies are sensitive to change in presidential administration based on the full regression analysis during Democratic administration. o Technology stock prices of small companies are affected by the rate of change in S&P 500 and S&P100 volatility index.
o Stock prices of large technology companies are insensitive to change in presidency period based on the p-value of the overall regression model at 5% significance level. Structural modelling of GDP, inflation and employment in SAS Prof. Kwan Koo Yun, SUNY Albany, Albany, NY
• Performed Granger Causality test to identify significance of all variables except real GDP and GDP
• Performed ARIMA modelling to forecast series of the significant variables.
• Calculated endogenous variables such as real consumption, real GDP etc. with the help of instrumental variables
• Forecasted all endogenous variables.
ARIMA modeling in SAS
Prof. Denis Kwiatkowski, SUNY Albany, NY
• Identified if the data series is stationary or non-stationary.
• Estimated the stationary series in different lag lengths.
• Forecasted data series for future years.
Econometric analysis in SAS
Prof. Zulkarnain Pulungan, SUNY Albany, Albany, NY Fall 2014
• Developed regression models, graphs and tables for the health care dataset in SAS. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Software Power BI, SAS, R, Tableau, S-Plus, STATA, Occam, SQL, T-SQL, Python and Microsoft Office. RELEVANT COURSE WORK
Graduate Business Intelligence and Analytics, Analytics and Communication Management, Operation Research, Multinational Enterprise, Applied Regression, Predictive Analytics, Big Data Analytics, Computer Applications in Economics, Data Analytics, Quantitative Methods in Economics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Mathematics for Economists, Game Theory, Financial Management and Financial Analysis. Undergraduate Econometrics, Money and Banking, Macroeconomics, International Economics of Relation, Microeconomics, Economics of Development, Probability Theory and Statistics, Principles of Management. AWARDS
• Dean’s List in the year of 2010 at SUNY Albany, and in the year of 2009 at SUNY Plattsburg.
• Empire State Scholarship awarded in Jan 2009 - Dec 2009 by SUNY Plattsburgh. IMMIGRATION STATUS
• Work Authorization: Permanent Resident (Green Card)
• Citizenship: Bangladesh