**, *** ****** **********, **** C1, First
Floor, Perumal Koil 1st Street,
Kotturpuram, Chennai-85 Chennai,
Professional Objective: To be receptive to innovative ideas and be a good team member who would lead to more harmonious and purposeful work environment. Experienced Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the information services and in Publishing industry. Skilled in Journal and Editorial Management, Training, Reporting & Analysis, Market Research, Online Research, and Journals. System Deployment with Active contribution to process development, innovation and continuous improvement. Strong professional with a master’s focused in Human Resources Management and Graduate in Commerce.
Process and Project management
Technical issue analysis
Testing and troubleshooting
Editorial System configuration
Correspondence & Stakeholder management
RELX INDIA Pvt. LTD., Chennai, India
• Managing the end-to-end process of deployment of EES journals to EVISE & EVISE to Editorial Manager (EM).
• Managing the technical aspects involved in setting up EVISE journals. 2017-05 - Current
• Fulfilling the role of SME on EVISE.
• Actively contributing to process development, innovation and continuous improvement.
• Stakeholder management change management and communication.
• Form and drive the 'guiding coalition' per journal consisting of DL, Trainer, Publisher and Journal Manager.
• Prepare and host the Internal and Editor Kick-off meetings, Editor Trainings, drive follow-up and ensure a successful outcome.
• Own, drive and manage all steps in the process. Resolve and/or escalate bottlenecks.
• Manage own portfolio of journals in deployment using reports to keep monitor the complex process flow. take prompt and effective action to keep everything on track.
• Documented procedures and business processes and shared information with appropriate stakeholders.
• Delivered in-depth training to users for Editorial Manager(EM), imparting knowledge of best practices for protecting data and minimizing errors.
• Resolved malfunctions with systems and programs through troubleshooting. Journal Manager/Editorial Manager
RELX. India. Pvt. LTD., Chennai, India
• Managing and representing the company by being the single point of contact for the entire end-to-end process of publication of journal articles and issues.
• Responsible for managing and overseeing a portfolio of journals through the submission and peer-review stages of the publishing process and after acceptance of paper in the production process until it gets published.
• Manage and coordinate the whole review process by inviting reviewers and by helping the editors managing the editorial system.
• Supporting both external and internal customers of Elsevier Editors, Authors, Reviewers and Publishers and publish issues as per the financial needs.
• Scheduling weekly and monthly calls with Publishers and editors to discuss on the health of the journal and to streamline the editorial and production process of the journals.
• Assisting the Editors and Guest editors with complete editorial process who have joined the board recently and who require training.
• Provide feedback to Editors and Publishers about the journal performance and to stream line the journal.
• To identify the lag times of the editorial process and to bring in improvements to reduce the editorial times of the journals.
• Maintaining high level contact with author throughout the content creation phase, providing information about upcoming workflow stages and setting expectations upfront about author responsibilities and the content development and production processes; receives delivery of 2011-03 - 2017-04
content from the author.
• Tracking the progress of projects through the stages of the end-to-end content process; ensuring the schedule of each component is up-to-date and informing stakeholders of any variance against FY targets.
• Working with the Ops teams to ensure projects requirements are clearly outlined upfront and that any issues are dealt with promptly to keep projects on track.
• Ensuring that any product-specific guidelines are enforced, and quality of final product is appropriate to the market; remediating any escalated issues
• Tracking the project costs against pre-agreed budgets using appropriate tool; informing stakeholders of any variances and troubleshooting
• Working with Editors to establish future year pub plans, using knowledge of the publishing systems, author base.
• Working effective and efficient with other Journal Managers, Journal Administrators, Administrative support agents, Setters etc.
• Displaying a positive and constructive approach to solve problems and to improve customer interactions.
• QBS(Quality by Simplicity): Was involved in an ONSITE opportunity for a month which is invoked to test the hypothesis that high quality service can be offered to customers by changing our organization and processes: aligning the Editorial Manager with the Publisher & Editors and hence reducing the number of internal contacts.
• Peer Review Report publication - Pilot project: launched journals to the above pilot where peer review reports were published as a supplementary issue as recognition for the reviewers in the journal.
• Have been a SPOC for various global projects in the department where the major activity is to make the Journal Managers understand the objective of the project and to make them to give in their respective inputs for their own portfolios.
• Knowledge sharing and best practices within the team and across the department via newsletters and presentations.
• Handling sensitive titles: Production and hosting journals(P&H) and red alert journals.
Invoicing Executive-Customer Service Executive
RELX India PVT. LTD.
• Generation of Invoices, Proformas (manual invoices), Credit Notes and Final Invoicing for the customers as per the contract signed by the Elsevier and the customer.
• Coordinating with various teams both internally and externally to send the invoices and proformas on time.
• Expertise in preparation of Invoices and Proformas for APAC region 2009-10 - 2011-02
• Maintaining of records of invoices, proformas and production tracker for the team.
• Training the new Joiners and the cross trainees in the process of Invoicing and also on the general overview of the dept.
Senior Market Research Analyst
R.R.Donnelley & Sons, Chennai, India
• Business information services including extracting information from broker research, focused searches on press articles, trade associations, company websites etc.
• Identification and extract of sources of information on market segmentation and market shares through email marketing, calling experts in their respective industries, mailing them, searching details about commodities in different search engines etc.
• Preparation of snapshots of business individuals\researchers.
• Expertise in primary and secondary market research for one of the big 4 consulting firm.
• Preparing competitive intelligence report for clients.
• Finding out the key players in the industry and their statistics etc.
• Forecasting the industry trends using forecasting tools etc. Education
Masters in Human Resource Management
Loyola College-Pondicherry University - Chennai
Bachelor of Arts (Commerce)
Stella Maris College - Chennai
• Received appreciation for Testing and training the Deployment Lead's on the in-built Taxonomy tool and get them well versed with the editorial system.
• Have won the Prestigious JOURNOSTAR award for the best Editorial Manager and for handling sensitive titles efficiently.
• Have won several appreciations from the stake holders for effective pivot reporting and for decreasing the Publication time for my Journals.
• Collaborated with team of 40 technical experts in the development of letters in Editorial SYSTEM.
• Resolved product issue through consumer testing.
• Have won several appreciations from the stake holders for effective pivot reporting and for effective Communication.
2007-04 - 2009-07
2007-05 - 2009-04
2004-04 - 2007-04
• Certified Soft Skills trainer
Surfing over the internet
Cooking and Gardening
Volunteer Work/Community Involvement