Franklin & Marshall College Lancaster, PA
Bachelor of Arts Candidate Major: Biology May 2020 Major GPA: 3.45
Honors: Honors List, Dean’s List, Benjamin Rush Pre-Health Honor Society RESEARCH
Independent Public Health Researcher Lancaster, PA Undergraduate Researcher Jan. 2020 - Present
● Using R & SPSS Software to conduct statistical analysis on the racial and social disparities that inﬂuence pregnancy outcomes in Lancaster, PA women compared with Pennsylvania.
Research Assistant/Volunteer Lancaster, PA
Undergraduate Researcher Aug.2018-Sept. 2019
● Assisted Neuroscientist Dr. Robert Jinks and his students. Professor Jinks’ research focuses on neurodegenerative diseases in Amish and Mennonite Children.
● Activities included gel electrophoresis, immunoﬂuorescence, cell culture assays, PCR, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, Western blotting, confocal microscopy, mice brain, and cochlea dissections.
● Maintained lab eﬃciency.
Infectious Disease Study Coordinator West Palm Beach, FL Research Intern May 2017 - Aug. 2017
● Served as a study coordinator for a clinical trial that investigated whether an antibiotic prophylaxis with Ceftaroline prevents infection in Type II & III open fracture patients. Scientiﬁc journal to be published.
● Recruited 250+ participants with open fractures, completed screening forms, and calculated renal evaluations. EXPERIENCE
Community Connections at Helping People Succeed Lancaster, PA Volunteer Staﬀ Summer 2019
● Community Connections oﬀers adults with disabilities (i.e. stroke, down syndrome, neuroﬁbromatosis) training in life skills, education and opportunities to be included in the community. I helped design creative and meaningful activities that help them build skills and increase their independence. 55 hours served. Franklin & Marshall College -- Sports Medicine Training Assistant Lancaster, PA Assistant Sept. 2016 - Jan. 2017
● Evaluate and administer treatments and preventative care for college athletes on various sports teams
● Assist the Certiﬁed Athletic Trainers with taping, icing, and compression methods for athletes
● Wrap injured athletes and treat minor wounds
● Received training on procedures and Red Cross certiﬁcation in First Aid and CPR Franklin & Marshall College -- Academic Mentor of Squash Aces Lancaster, PA Mentor Jan. 2018 - May 2018
● Provide mentorship to local middle and high school students in this sports and academic mentorship program. Work with students to inspire a deeper commitment to learning, healthy lifestyle choices, and civic engagement. Franklin & Marshall College -- Lancaster General Hospital Preceptorship Program Lancaster, PA Preceptor Sept. 2018 - May 2018
● Participated in this program designed to provide pre-medical students exposure to the work of residents in family medicine. Completed 40 hours.
● Shadowed doctors and residents through department-wide rotation including: Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Ward Rounds, Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care, Physical Therapy, On-Call, and Family Health Services LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
Franklin & Marshall College -- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students Lancaster, PA Vice President & Director of Public Relations August 2018- Present
● The purpose of this organization is to provide under-represented pre-medical and pre-health students with knowledge, skills, and experience that are both prerequisite and concomitant to professionalism in the health-care ﬁeld
● I help run meetings, organize, and plan events such as Medical School Information Sessions on campus, and Medical Symposiums
● Coordinate public relations and marketing for this pre-medical student organization Franklin & Marshall College --Member of the Committee on Fair Practices, Lancaster, PA Student Representative August 2019- Present
● I oﬀer suggestions and help review policies on an ongoing basis to ensure that the College most eﬀectively implements its stated policy of promoting diversity and of not discriminating on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or national or ethnic origin.
● Address social injustices on campus through hosting forums and stimulating dialogue. T. Leroy Jeﬀerson Society 2012-Present
● Shadow and assist physicians with clinics and help inspire/educate under-served youth West Palm Beach, FL Building Better Leaders 8-week Leadership Development Program Lancaster, PA S.I.S.T.E.R.S (Sophisticated, Intelligent, Sisters, Teaching Excellence, Responsibility, and Success) Lancaster, PA SKILLS AND INTEREST
Computer: Microsoft Oﬃce [Excel,Word Powerpoint], SPSS, R Software Languages: Spanish (Conversational), English (Fluent) Interests: Clinical Research, Health Disparities, Patient Advocacy, Fitness and Wellness. Attributes: Critical and Independent Thinker, Team Player, Conﬂict Resolution, Positivity, Detailed-Oriented, Cultural Competency, Communication, Service Oriented, Go-getter